Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery •  Male • Age 40

Dr. Kokmeyer

Hand Surgery Specialists

9321 W SUNSET RD Las Vegas, NV 89148

Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kokmeyer has more experience with Elbow and Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Ohio State University / College of Medicine medical school in 2008. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican - Siena Campus and St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kokmeyer to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in Las Vegas

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Kokmeyer accepts

Dr. Kokmeyer accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Choice-NV PPO
Heritage Signature
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Typically treats 82% more than their peers

Elbow Injuries

Dr. Kokmeyer treats Elbow Injuries more than 79% of their peers

Dr. Kokmeyer treats this condition more than 79% of their peers

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand/Wrist specialists.

Typically treats 63% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
high

Dr. Kokmeyer treats Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers) more than 88% of their peers

Dr. Kokmeyer treats this condition more than 88% of their peers

Hand Fracture

Dr. Kokmeyer treats Hand Fracture more than 88% of their peers

Dr. Kokmeyer treats this condition more than 88% of their peers

Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
high

Dr. Kokmeyer performs Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open more than 88% of their peers

Dr. Kokmeyer performs this procedure more than 88% of their peers

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Replacement

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD...

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Kokmeyer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kokmeyer

4.5

Dr. Kokmeyer?
Dr. Kokmeyer has fixed two of my breaks. As a professional fighter/athlete I trust this dr. With my life.
Christine Ferea – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr. Kokmeyer operated on my right hand and I am very satisfied with the result. Prior to my surgery I had constant pain and little range of motion. I now have good range of motion and only occasionally have momentary twinges of pain. Dr.Kokmeyer thoroughly explained the surgical procedure and the outcome I could expect. I definitely recommend him.
Alice Dickerson – Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
I came to him after having pain for 5 years. My 4th digit on my left hand was in unbearable pain and after so many doctors kept passing it as a fungal infection, Dr. Kokmeyer diagnosed it as a glomus tumor. He said that when he was in school this was one of the most rememberable lessons he had because it was something most missed. He performed the surgery very well, and was told that he removed everything 100% intact as a whole. I thank him for removing it all well and keeping a positive outlook on the diagnosis and the treatment plan.
Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
On May 19, 2019, to my good fortune, Dr Kokmeyer was on duty at UMC Trauma Center, Las Vegas. He reattached my right thumb, severed in an unfortunate accident. On the final follow up appointment on August 21, 2019 at Dr. Kokmeyers office, my thumb appeared miraculously healed, with near full motion, muscular control, mature nail growth and nerve sensation, with negligable evidence of scarring tissue from sutures. Thank You, Dr. Kokmeyer, for restoring my thumb, a vital part of my life.
Douglas Lenhart in NV – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
The orthopedic resident at UMC ER recommend Dr. Kokmeyer for follow up after being in a motorcycle accident. I feel truly blessed to have had Dr. Kokmeyer as my hand surgeon. We discussed the different surgical options and his follow up appointments. Including his recommended physical therapy, my range of motion has completely returned. I was totally impressed with the aesthetics appearance due to the fact that the entire process produced very little scaring. I have only great things to say about Dr. Kokmeyer and his staff. They were all professional and caring people. I highly recommend Dr.Kokmeyer.
Jo Ann Kemp in Henderson , NV – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
I went to the Hand Surgery Specialist of Nevada not knowing what to expect for treatment on my thumb. I feel I was so lucky to find Dr. Kokmeyer. Now after years of suffering pain in my thumb I am pain free! Sure the surgery was a little painful but what surgery isn't. I feel I got outstanding care and treatment and I would do it again in a heartbeat. If I ever have anything else happen to my hands this where I am going! Thank you Dr Kokmeyer for everything that you did!
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Had severe case of dupuytren contracture in right hand. After consultation had surgery, attended in house therapy and now I have full use of my hand again. Highly recommend Dr Kokmeyer and staff is wonderful. Thank you
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr Kokmeyer is treating me for Carpal Tunnel. He has recently performed surgery on my left wrist/hand. The experience, from my first appointment with Dr. Kokmeyer through the first surgery has been positive. He is very professional, and takes time to answer questions and explain treatments. I would highly recommend Dr. Kokmeyer, and the Hand Surgery Specialists of Nevada, as well as the Sunset Ridge Surgery Center. Staff at both entities are great.
Joe P. in Las Vegas, NV – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr Kokmeyer did a great job on both my hands. I was refereed to his practice but chose him because of his credentials. I came to him having already had my nerve test done. After the two of us discussed my options, we decided surgery was best for how severe my case was. We then discussed the different surgery options and found the best location and price for me. He operates in a few locations/hospitals so that helped with the price. My healing time was minimal. I totally recommend!
Jessica Mellott in Las Vegas, NV – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
He did a great job. First he saw me and set up for testing to see how much damage . Though both hands showed extreme carpel tunnel. He explained only one had systems and he treats them not a test. I appreciated his honesty. He did a great job the numbness is about gone and the incision is healing well.I will go back to him when its time and I would recommend him to everyone. The center where he works is wonderful ,kind people who help make this a positive experience.
Dotty Edwards in NV – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr. Kokmeyer treated a very serious, large wound infection of my hand that required irrigation and debridement. The work he did was excellent, looking at my hand now I can't even tell where the stiches where. He was always very kind and professional.
R. Domschot in Bullhead City, AZ – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
I slipped and fell, breaking my wrist. The orthopedic resident at UMC ER recommended Dr. Kokmeyer for followup. He and his staff were excellent. His diagnosis, surgery, and followup appointments went well. My wrist is healing rapidly and well. I am grateful for his work and his demeanor.
S. M. in Wailuku, HI – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
A stray pit bull had bit my thumb just above the nail and it was hanging on by a piece of skin. I was airlifted to Las Vegas where Dr. Kokmeyer saved my thumb in surgery the next day. His follow up appointments were thorough, his staff was great, and they kept in contact answering any and all questions I had. He wasn’t sure if it was possible because of the jagged tears and infection from the bite so we were amazed and blessed to have him as my doctor.
Greg Swander in Lake Havasu, AZ – Dec 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr. Kokmeyer did an amazing job reattaching my son's finger. We are very happy with the outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. Kokmeyer to anyone. He always took the time with us and was very caring. Office staff is very friendly and never a long wait at all when we went. Thank you so much Dr. Kokmeyer, we really appreciate you taking the extra step to save his finger. And my son says thank you also!
Lara Rees in Las Vegas, NV – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
I have only great things to say about Dr. Kokmeyer and his staff. They are all wonderful and caring people. Both of my hands were numb after my neck surgery and he wasn't sure carpal tunnel surgery would help, but after a few tests and then the surgery, my right hand is no longer numb. I can feel the difference between both of my hands. I cannot wait to do my left hand. I would recommend him to anyone who has hand problems. Thank you so much Dr. Kokmeyer for all you have done for me.
Kristal Kaahea in PAHRUMP, NV – Aug 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr Kokmeyer saved my hand! I was involved in a UTV rollover and nearly lost my hand. When I first saw it, I was convinced that it was gonna be chopped off. But he was able to save it and I have nearly full use of it again. If you saw the pictures of when it happened back in November to where it is now, you wouldn't believe it! Thank you doesn't begin to cover how grateful I am for Dr. Kokmeyer.
Mark in Shaffer – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
My wife and I were in Vegas and she had a fall and broke her elbow. We were referred to Dr. Kokmeyer's office by a clinic and were able to see him immediately following her x-rays at the clinic. Would have loved to have Dr. Kokmeyer do the surgery, but our Travel Insurance wanted us to fly back to Canada. Very impressed with Dr. Kokmeyer with his time to explain the injury and the options for repair. We waited 9 days at home for the surgery. Office staff was very professional as well.
Vancouver, BC – Feb 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr. Kokmeyer successfully repaired 3 of my tendons that were torn in a gruesome accident. After a successful surgery, I did physical therapy for 3 months while checking up with Dr. Kokmeyer to ensure everything was going smoothly which it was. Now 6 months post-surgery, my previously injured arm feels just as strong as my other arm. I am glad I made the decision to have the operation with Dr. Kokmeyer, he did a great thing for me.
Oscar V. in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
I have recovered 100% use of my right hand after surgery in about 4 months Excellent care ..DR. Kokmeyer did an excellent job of repairing the damage. To my tendons . I would highly recommend him to anybody that I meet in the fufure with a hand problem requiring surgery.
KArl LIndfors in Las Vegas, NV – Oct 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?
Dr. Was very professional and caring. Treated you as a person/ friend and not a 15 minute block. All receptionists and nurses were tussle way.
Tom Mullen in Las Vegas, NV – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kokmeyer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kokmeyer?

As an orthopaedic hand and upper extremity specialist, Dr. Kokmeyer's practice is dedicated to trauma, arthritis, sports injuries, joint replacement, and other musculoskeletal conditions affecting the arm from the fingertip to the shoulder.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners / Michigan State University
2008
Ohio State University / College of Medicine

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Kokmeyer communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kokmeyer communicates via email

• Does Dr. Kokmeyer offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kokmeyer offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Kokmeyer offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kokmeyer offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Kokmeyer have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kokmeyer has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Kokmeyer offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kokmeyer offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Kokmeyer offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kokmeyer offers evening visits