Dr. Daniel Kim, MD

Dr. Daniel Kim, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Daniel Kim, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in neurosurgery.

6400 Fannin St Ste 2150

Houston, TX 77030

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Kim's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kim's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Kim treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Kim treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim?
Dr. Kim's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Daniel Kim, MD
pain free after 13 years of disc herniation and arthritis in my neck from a fall. was pain free when i awoke after surgery and left the hospital with joy. He is an awesome surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Back surgery was a tough decision. On my first visit, Dr. Kim kindly said I know you are not there mentally but I am looking at your MRI and you are here physically. As many of you, I wanted a second opinion. I even went to a chiropractor that said he would drive me to a surgeron after reviewing my MRI. I went back to Dr. Kim because of he made me feel safe and assured me he would take care of me. AND HE DID! It has been 6 months since my surgery and I am doing GREAT. Dr. Kim is awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is a skilled neurosurgeon. He is able to diagnose and treat appropriately. I have had three surgeries to remove schwanomas (usually benign nerve tumors) on my lumber and cervical areas. Then one was found in my armpit. It was removed with hardly any postsurgery pain and a minimal scar. I highly recommend Dr. Kim. . Then another one was found under my arm and he removed it without
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
I had spinal cord edema myelopathy, Dr Kims operated on C5 & C6 C4-7 cage plate C3-7 laminectomy C3-T posteria instrumentation & fusion to decompress my spinal cord. Dr Kim did a great job I would recommend any one to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim did surgery on me 3 yrs ago. My recovery was excellent, and now no problems. He is the best neurosurgeon, excellent bedside manners and knows his stuff! I highly recommend Dr. Kim!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
He's an awesome doctor. He did lower back surgery on my husband 7 years ago, and did so well that he was the only one I considered for my back surgery. Walked out of hospital with no pain. Three months later, I'm back to doing what I love: golf and working out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr Kim is an exemplary example of what a true healer is. I am so thankful that I was referred to him for a brachial-plex nerve issue that I had been suffering with for almost a year. Since he began treating me, I have regained a significant degree of use of my affected shoulder. Thank U, Dr. Kim
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is one of, if not the, world's greatest surgeon. I had a very serious spinal problem involving an invasive tumor. I have known of many people who have had spinal fusions before, and not a single one of them had a good result. I had no choice but to take what was available, though, and Dr. Kim was highly-recommended, so I had the operation. THE RESULTS ARE AMAZING! My spine works like it did when I was younger and healthy. I heartily recommend Dr. Kim!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
I saw Dr. Kim after having severe sciatica pain. He is a great doctor and very professional. He helped me understand the condition and recommended performing microdiscectomy. It went very well. I was walking the same day and I went back to work after 4 days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is the best and after major back surgery I was back at work in five days and walked two miles at Memorial Park in 15 days. A great experience all around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is a brilliant surgeon who heals his patients. I had anterior cervical fusion at two levels three months ago. My crippling pain is gone. Results were immediate. Recovery was quick and uneventful. His entire operation is professional and effective. Could not have asked for better health care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim performed lumbar spinal fusion surgery a few months ago. I was falling and in lots of pain. As I was going to my pre-op appointments, preparing for surgery I was told repeatedly that he was the best. I agree. I only wish he had a patient advocate I could have talked to, someone that I could have trusted would get my messages straight and follow up with any issues. His staff is excellent, very busy, but I had to follow up multiple-times for issues that should have been simple to resolve.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is amazing! He performed surgery on my teenage daughter to repair nerve damage to her leg and she has had exceptional results! He is very kind and confident. His assistants as well as the rest of the staff are all fantastic as well. Can't say enough nice about them. They really came through for us in a very trying time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim explained things well and his staff was even better. I felt like they all took the time I needed to understand what was going to happen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is a rare find in my experience. He is the consummate professional: he actually listens, he looks directly at you when speaking, he utilizes current technology to explain the situation, and he doesn't waste time and he is direct. He will give you the situation, the options, his preference, and his rationale. In my opinion, there is no better neurosurgeon in the U.S. He literally wrote the book(s) in his field. I am honored and grateful Dr. Kim was my surgeon. I truly believe Dr. Kim was
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Not likely ever to recommend....here is what I incountered during consult with regard to surgery to remove a cyst in my lower spine. He was ill prepared with all information on MRI's many other test recently done. After hemdiscovered that I had a cyst he agreed he could remove it. Removal surgery was scheduled and he ordered an EEG. I called his office for report and asked to speak with him. His Arrogance and refusal to call a home bound widow resulted in him denying me his skills as a surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is wonderful, patient and listens to you. I am so much better since my surgery, and I would recommend Dr. Kim to all my friends. The office and more important surgery recovery room and overnight was immaculate. Staff was with me or nearby all night. I cannot say enough without rambling on and on about how great Dr Kim and staff are there for you and your family. I was so relaxed with Dr. Kim and his explanations of my treatment and feason why things were being done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim, and his entire staff were excellent. I was in serious back pain and saw Dr. Kim the same day I called for appt. Had Laminectomy surgery the next week with great results. A special "thank you" to Nurse Kim for helping me with a temperature problem during non-office hours.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
This was the single best experience I have ever had with a surgeon, and, unfortunately, I've had many. His explanations were clear and I felt well prepared for what to expect. The entire team was superb. I lucked out because he replaced three discs in my neck and I had NO pain at all in recovery. Moreover, I've regained complete use of my arm and hand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim changed my life through ACDF! This highly respected and famous surgeon was recommended by several of my friends. As someone extremely skilled and confident in his abilities, Dr. Kim was a great teacher and had a wonderful bed side manner. I am 100% pain free with minimal downtime. The staff as well was wonderful and I urge anyone to go see Dr. Kim for help!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kim?

Insurance accepted