Dr. Daniel H. Kim, MD

Dr. Daniel H. Kim, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 54 years old

Focus on Minimally Invasive SurgeryRead more

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (205)
in League City, TX |
Dr.Kim is running a game with Medtronic's!! How is it that I have a MRI safe nerve stimulator and do NOT have MRI safe leads? This is an ethics issue as Medtronic's allowed this doctor to miss match the leads to the unit. He told us this was MRI SAFE.. Well had to have an MRI done to map out prostate cancer but while waiting to have this MRI done is when Medtronic's called me and told me NOT to have this done as the leads used will burn up! Also a 2 day trial is also a big joke!!
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Kim is the best doctor I've ever had in my life. I am 49 and Dr. Kim and his team performed my surgery for spinal compression because of herniated discs, discectomy. I received outstanding care and compassion. Dr. Kim and his team were the most professional, most knowledgeable that I've ever had. I would recommend Memorial Hermann and Dr. Kim to anyone. Great job all around, from the office staff to the hospital staff. I feel like Dr. Kim is the best in his field, the best in the world
in Houston, TX |
Fantastic Doctor!! Dr. Kim recently performed my ACDF surgery. My experience has been excellent from the day I walked into the office and met Dr. Kim. The nurses and all the staff members at Dr. Kim's office are highly skilled and very personable. I have an excellent outcome from my surgery and I live pain free now!! I was assigned a PA that remained with me throughout my surgery. So here is a special shout out to Ivey- you are awesome. . Thank you Dr. Kim and thanks to all your staff
in Batson, Texas |
Best Doctor experience ever!
Without a doubt, the best medical & physician experience I've had. I came to Dr Kim feeling fairly confident he'd recommend back surgery--and he did. I had access to his remarkable team--from Michael, his surgery resident who explained much and put me at ease, to Rosaline, his nurse practitioner, who responded almost immediately to several emails and a phone call both before and after surgery, to Dr Kim himself, whose skillful work has me back at full tilt 11 weeks post-op.
in Shreveport, La. |
I was definitely led by the Lord to Dr. Kim for my spinal fusion after many years of pain. He was very caring, confident, and carries a spirit of excellence. My husband and I had no doubts after our first visit. From the P.A.(Jillian Wittman), to additional physicians, to the anesthesiologist, to the entire nursing staff at Memorial Hermann, to the office staff, we could not have had a better experience for such a serious surgery. Dr. Kim is very anointed by God to use his talents. I'm THANKFUL!
Fantastic Doctor!!
in Pearland, TX |
I had every confidence in Dr. Kim and his staff. I highly recommend him.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Kim saved me, my back was making my legs give out where I would have to sit quickly or I would fall. Now, after surgery I can walk just find. I have a new quality of live. He is very good at what he does. His staff is wonderful very caring and helpful.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Kim is an amazing doctor. His operation on my broken neck helped me move from a quad to someone now walking with a walker. Very kind and very hard working. I have referred 3 other patients to him and they all had great results.
in San Angelo, TX |
I was referred to Dr Kim by my orthopedic surgeon because he said Dr Kim was THE best. I have to agree! Kim is very thorough and his surgical team is top notch. I love that his staff takes time to call and check on you and ask how your feeling. I feel very lucky that I got referred here....Dr. Kim has gotten me back to living life again!!
in Katy, Tx |
Dr. Kim was very informative and comforting during my initial office visit. He and his surgical team were very professional during the procedure and all follow ups. I felt absolutely certain that he was the best Dr. to perform to my surgery.
in Houston, TX |
Very caring and on the cutting edge of his sprciality
in Cloutierville, LA |
I was a bit apprehensive about having back surgery in the first place. However, I researched various neurosurgeons in the Louisiana-Texas area and was recommended by a previous patient to make an appt with Dr Kim. Making the appt was easy. On the day of my appt., the office staff was friendly and very helpful. There was not a long delay in getting back to the exam room either. Dr Kim looked at my MRI, told me what I needed and I made the appt for my surgery that day.
in Midfield, TX |
He and his team are extremely knowledgeable.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Kim and his capable staff are very courteous and efficient. He has performed 2 back surgeries on me and both have been successful. He and his staff are very caring and follow up to make sure everything was going alright.
He was very short with me and made it feel like he didn't have the time for my appointment.
Houston, TX |
I decided to see Kim for my ongoing L5s1 herniations. I really heard all the reviews on here and thought, finally, someone that can help me. I paid for his visits to really get that one on one help. Unfortunately I did not, also the staff that processes disability insurance took my payment and never told me about not being able to help with therapy. Yet they decided that they can always be willing to take a payment, just not be accountable for it. Very nice healthcare
in Katy, TX |
Initial visit Dr. Kim reviewed my MRI, thoroughly with me, discussed options. He asked my pain, I indicated 9-10. He said the best I might get was 4 following surgery requiring, screws/rods and, fusion @ L4, L5, S1. After completing the pain meds, for 2 weeks, now 2 months after surgery, I have 0 pain and have resumed my normal activities, primarily dancing. At 69 y/o, dancing since I was 10 and formal dance classes for the last 28 years. Thank you Dr. Kim for restoring my health and life.
in Huffman |
Dr. Kim and his staff made me feel special and well taken care of.
in Whartgon, Texas 77488 |
Yes I would recommend him to family and friends, He was a good doctor and he did what he said what he was going to do. I am walking without any back pain. Back to 100% was I use to be thanks to him.
in Stafford, TX |
I was referred to Dr Kim. When he asked me questions and I tried to answer him he actually cut me off repeatedly with his next questions. The interruptions were bad enough that after he left the room someone else gave me their card and said if you have any questions please give me a call and I'll answer them. The next two appointments did not get any better and I felt like he cared very little and listened even less. Clearly he is a bright and talented man but I don't think he is a good man.
KATY |
Dr. Kim is a fantastic surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, and very caring. I have had 14 surgeries in my lifetime and he is by far the best surgeon ever!
Houston, TX |
December 2015 Dr. Kim performed a L4-5 hemilaminectomy for removal of extradural mass (synovial cyst). The surgery went well. Dr. Kim, his staff, and the hospital (Memorial Hospital) were good. I had no complications, I am 60 years of age and this was my first back surgery. Dr.Kim and his staff are very busy so the office visit will not last more than 15 minutes. He is very direct and will speak to you about best case and worst case scenarios.
in Houston, TX |
I would 100% recommend Dr. Kim. He certainly knows what he is doing. I have now regained feeling in my legs and the pain is gone.
in El Campo, TX |
Dr. Kim performed my Gill laminectomy in November and by January it was like it never happened. Full recovery of feeling and function. Dr. Kim followed up with me personally after surgery when I called after hours for assistance. Even providing me with his personal cell phone number, NOT the answering service! Now THAT is FANTASTIC patient care and made me feel really special.
in Onalaska, TX |
Dr. Kim was recommended to me by a Neurologist. I had my consultation with Dr. Kim. He and his entire staff were very professional and courteous. I was in and out in about 30 minutes. My surgery was scheduled and then I had my pre-op. with the anesthesia which also went well. I was a little anxious about back surgery since I had heard some horror stories from patients over the years from other doctors. My surgery and recovery went well beyond expectations. I couldnt be happier.
in Houston, TX |
An extraordinary physician. I was fortunate to be referred to Dr. Kim by my Neurologist and he saw me within 48 hours. His consultation was direct and convincing. He has an air of confidence which comes from exemplary proficiency. He assured me there was no doubt that I needed urgent spinal thoracic surgery which was scheduled before leaving his office. He and his staff made it happen within days. To proceed was the best decision I ever could have made. My recovery is ongoing proof. Thank you!
in Cleveland, TX |
Dr. Kim is an excellent Neurosurgeon. I was experience severe leg pain. Dr. Kim performed a laminectomy and disctectomy. I had immediate relief the day after surgery. And was able to walk out of hospital the next. Dr. Kim is the only surgeon I would recommend for open spine surgery.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent care. Dr. Kim took very good care of me through out the process of my back surgery. I was scared of this surgery and he had confidence throughout the process. I observed that Dr. Kim expects excellence from everyone around him. I had the best care at memorial Herman hospital and after care from home.
Houston, TX |
Dr Kim knowledge and skills are second to none. The best surgical treatment in Houston for spinal related issues in my opinion.
in Houston, TX |
Left L4-L5 micro laminoforaminotomy and mircrodiskectomy. Excellent experience with Dr. Kim. He was very clear on diagnostic / options I had, did not rush me into a decision, he listened and patiently answered questions, excellent bedside manners, excellent post-op treatment / follow up, very secure of himself and staff supporting him is extraordinary. Pretty much everyone knew him at the hospital and spoke very highly of him, now I know why. Highly recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel H. Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?

Compare Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy

Focus on Minimally Invasive Surgery

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Completed in 1995

U Fla/U Fla Med Ctr
    University Of Oklahoma

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.