Dr. Daniel H. Kim, MD

Dr. Daniel H. Kim, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Mischer Neuroscience Associates 6400 Fannin St Ste 2150, Houston, TX 77030 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Focus on Minimally Invasive Surgery   Read More

Dr. Kim's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Neurosurgerynull

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim's Review Details
      4.6 based on 207 responses
      Experience with Dr. Kim
      Dr. Kim's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (195)
      in Cloutierville, LA |
      I was a bit apprehensive about having back surgery in the first place. However, I researched various neurosurgeons in the Louisiana-Texas area and was recommended by a previous patient to make an appt with Dr Kim. Making the appt was easy. On the day of my appt., the office staff was friendly and very helpful. There was not a long delay in getting back to the exam room either. Dr Kim looked at my MRI, told me what I needed and I made the appt for my surgery that day.
      in Midfield, TX |
      He and his team are extremely knowledgeable.
      in Houston, TX |
      Dr. Kim and his capable staff are very courteous and efficient. He has performed 2 back surgeries on me and both have been successful. He and his staff are very caring and follow up to make sure everything was going alright.
      He was very short with me and made it feel like he didn't have the time for my appointment.
      Houston, TX |
      I decided to see Kim for my ongoing L5s1 herniations. I really heard all the reviews on here and thought, finally, someone that can help me. I paid for his visits to really get that one on one help. Unfortunately I did not, also the staff that processes disability insurance took my payment and never told me about not being able to help with therapy. Yet they decided that they can always be willing to take a payment, just not be accountable for it. Very nice healthcare
      in Batson, TX |
      Very Professional yet easy to talk to. My surgery was excellent with better than expected results. Dr. Kim can not be rated high enough. He is The Best!
      in Katy, TX |
      Initial visit Dr. Kim reviewed my MRI, thoroughly with me, discussed options. He asked my pain, I indicated 9-10. He said the best I might get was 4 following surgery requiring, screws/rods and, fusion @ L4, L5, S1. After completing the pain meds, for 2 weeks, now 2 months after surgery, I have 0 pain and have resumed my normal activities, primarily dancing. At 69 y/o, dancing since I was 10 and formal dance classes for the last 28 years. Thank you Dr. Kim for restoring my health and life.
      in Huffman |
      Dr. Kim and his staff made me feel special and well taken care of.
      in Whartgon, Texas 77488 |
      Yes I would recommend him to family and friends, He was a good doctor and he did what he said what he was going to do. I am walking without any back pain. Back to 100% was I use to be thanks to him.
      in Stafford, TX |
      I was referred to Dr Kim. When he asked me questions and I tried to answer him he actually cut me off repeatedly with his next questions. The interruptions were bad enough that after he left the room someone else gave me their card and said if you have any questions please give me a call and I'll answer them. The next two appointments did not get any better and I felt like he cared very little and listened even less. Clearly he is a bright and talented man but I don't think he is a good man.
      KATY |
      Dr. Kim is a fantastic surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, and very caring. I have had 14 surgeries in my lifetime and he is by far the best surgeon ever!
      Houston, TX |
      December 2015 Dr. Kim performed a L4-5 hemilaminectomy for removal of extradural mass (synovial cyst). The surgery went well. Dr. Kim, his staff, and the hospital (Memorial Hospital) were good. I had no complications, I am 60 years of age and this was my first back surgery. Dr.Kim and his staff are very busy so the office visit will not last more than 15 minutes. He is very direct and will speak to you about best case and worst case scenarios.
      in Houston, TX |
      I would 100% recommend Dr. Kim. He certainly knows what he is doing. I have now regained feeling in my legs and the pain is gone.
      in El Campo, TX |
      Dr. Kim performed my Gill laminectomy in November and by January it was like it never happened. Full recovery of feeling and function. Dr. Kim followed up with me personally after surgery when I called after hours for assistance. Even providing me with his personal cell phone number, NOT the answering service! Now THAT is FANTASTIC patient care and made me feel really special.
      in Onalaska, TX |
      Dr. Kim was recommended to me by a Neurologist. I had my consultation with Dr. Kim. He and his entire staff were very professional and courteous. I was in and out in about 30 minutes. My surgery was scheduled and then I had my pre-op. with the anesthesia which also went well. I was a little anxious about back surgery since I had heard some horror stories from patients over the years from other doctors. My surgery and recovery went well beyond expectations. I couldnt be happier.
      in Houston, TX |
      An extraordinary physician. I was fortunate to be referred to Dr. Kim by my Neurologist and he saw me within 48 hours. His consultation was direct and convincing. He has an air of confidence which comes from exemplary proficiency. He assured me there was no doubt that I needed urgent spinal thoracic surgery which was scheduled before leaving his office. He and his staff made it happen within days. To proceed was the best decision I ever could have made. My recovery is ongoing proof. Thank you!
      in Cleveland, TX |
      Dr. Kim is an excellent Neurosurgeon. I was experience severe leg pain. Dr. Kim performed a laminectomy and disctectomy. I had immediate relief the day after surgery. And was able to walk out of hospital the next. Dr. Kim is the only surgeon I would recommend for open spine surgery.
      in Houston, TX |
      Excellent care. Dr. Kim took very good care of me through out the process of my back surgery. I was scared of this surgery and he had confidence throughout the process. I observed that Dr. Kim expects excellence from everyone around him. I had the best care at memorial Herman hospital and after care from home.
      Houston, TX |
      Dr Kim knowledge and skills are second to none. The best surgical treatment in Houston for spinal related issues in my opinion.
      in Houston, TX |
      Left L4-L5 micro laminoforaminotomy and mircrodiskectomy. Excellent experience with Dr. Kim. He was very clear on diagnostic / options I had, did not rush me into a decision, he listened and patiently answered questions, excellent bedside manners, excellent post-op treatment / follow up, very secure of himself and staff supporting him is extraordinary. Pretty much everyone knew him at the hospital and spoke very highly of him, now I know why. Highly recommended.
      Have you seen Dr. Kim?
      Are you Dr. Kim? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Kim

• Brain Aneurysm
      • Broken Neck
      • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
      • Cerebral Hemorrhage
      • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
      • Cerebrovascular Disease
      • Chiari's Deformity
      • Epilepsy
      • Hydrocephalus
      • Lumbar Spine Fracture
      • Meningiomas
      • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
      • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
      • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
      • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
      • Herniated Disc Surgery
      • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
      • Nerve Block, Somatic

Completed in 1995

U Fla/U Fla Med Ctr
        University of Oklahoma

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
      • Board certified in Neurosurgery
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Kim

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Kim's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Kim

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy