Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 60

Dr. Kelly

2125 Arizona Ave Santa Monica, CA 90404

Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kelly has more experience with Cranial Neurosurgery, Neurocritical Care, and Neuro-oncology than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with Providence Saint John's Health Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kelly to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Santa Monica

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Kelly accepts

Dr. Kelly accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield of California
Access Plus Savenet

No malpractice claims found for California

Cranial Neurosurgery

Cranial neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures that involve opening or passing through the skull to treat conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system.Compare with other Cranial Neurosurgery specialists.

Typically treats 92% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Kelly performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Kelly performs this procedure more than 98% of their peers

Brain Surgery

Dr. Kelly performs Brain Surgery more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Kelly performs this procedure more than 86% of their peers

Neurocritical Care

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care specialists.

Typically treats 80% more than their peers

Subdural Hemorrhage

Dr. Kelly treats Subdural Hemorrhage more than 71% of their peers

Dr. Kelly treats this condition more than 71% of their peers

Neuro-oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat tumors, both malignant and benign, in or near the brain and spinal cord.Compare with other Neuro-oncology specialists.

Typically treats 62% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

Meningiomas

Dr. Kelly treats Meningiomas more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Kelly treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

high

Dr. Kelly treats Brain and Nervous System Cancer (incl. Gliomas, Astrocytoma, Schwannoma, Medulloblastoma, Chordoma) more than 85% of their peers

Dr. Kelly treats this condition more than 85% of their peers

• Hydrocephalus
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Kelly's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kelly

Dr. Kelly?
What People Say About Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD
Dr Kelly is a highly skilled world renowned Neurosurgeon. Before seeing him we met with top Neurosurgeons in Singapore, Thailand, India, Nepal and USA to find a possible treatment of my 10 yrs old son who had been suffering from pituitary tumor. After unsuccessful surgery in Singapore in 2016 and Gamma Knife at UPMC, Pittsburgh in 2017, my son's health was deteriorating day by day and no hope for any treatment on him. We had journeyed around the world and consulted Harvard, CHOP, John Hopkins, UPMC, Mayo, PNI and London. After a long discussions worldwide, decided to go with Dr Daniel F Kelly at PNI. We flew to LA a 16 hours plane ride covering more than 8,000 miles away with a great hope to save his life. On 5th March 2019, Dr Daniel F Kelly and Dr Chester Griffiths (ENT) performed surgery to remove the tumor. Now it seems that whole tumor removed and they saved the boy. Dr Kelly and Dr Griffiths are the top most and highly skilled surgeons in the world and we highly recommend them.
Deg Gharti Chhetri – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly and Dr. Griffiths receive my highest possible recommendation. They removed a tumor on top of my pituitary gland that was resting against my optical nerve. They flawlessly removed the entire tumor utilizing a minimally invasive technique. 5 out of 5 stars.
KScully – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly was not the first doctor I’ve seen after my initial diagnosis, yet after my first consultation, I KNEW that Dr. Kelly was going to be my surgeon. I live in the US and despite having highly recommended surgeons practicing right next to me, I was not going to skim on anything… I needed the ABSOLUTE BEST. Dr. Kelly’s wonderful demeanor, kindness in his eyes, coupled with his true sincerity and calm explanation to my endless list of questions made me feel at ease right away. He displayed genuine devotion throughout the entire procedure and process thereafter. Dr. Kelly is an amazing person with gentle and wonderful bedside manners. He didn’t give up, even after performing the surgery for many hours straight. He persisted until he was successful in getting my tumor out. I'm forever grateful to Dr. Kelly and his awesome team for all they've done for me! At this opportunity I'd like to thank his one of a kind assistant, Amy Eisenberg! And yes! I surely wounded up THE ABOSUTE BEST
Sarah F – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr Kelly removed my Meningioma tumor when I was told it was inoperable,,he and his team made me and my family feel very comfortable with moving ahead with the cranium surgery...very compassionate,,,forever grateful to him
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
I was diagnosed with non secreting pituitary adenoma which affected my vision and Dr. Dan Kelly was highly recommended by my endocrinologist and primary physician. On our first visit, I was impressed by how he listened to our concerns and the empathy he showed us. Despite of his accolades and accomplishments, he was never beyond speaking to us with a kind and compassionate tone that made us feel at ease about the upcoming surgery. Pituitary tumor was removed and he did an excellent job!
Mae E. in Ventura, CA – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
I WISH ICOULD GIVE DR DAVID KELLY 10 stars!... I am a recently retired nurse. I had seen FOUR specialists regarding a cyst on my pituitary gland. I had vision loss, daily debilitating headaches but, the gland is functioning perfectly. All my specialists decided to refer me out of area to a teaching hospital, CEDARS SINAI. THAT WAS A DISASTER! So, my neurosurgeon, Dr David Westra here in Ventura, referred me to Dr Kelly. He said, " I would send my own family to him." Dr Kelly IS outstanding!
Kathy Pierce in Ventura, CA – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
I recently had my pituitary tumor removed by Dr. Kelly and Dr. Griffiths. I thought they did an excellent job with the surgery. I would highly recommend these two doctors and the Pacific Neuroscience Institute to anyone needing pituitary surgery.
Bob K. in Trabuco Canyon, CA – May 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
I did not have a good experience in my apt with Dr Kelly. He & Dr Cohan do not "believe" in cyclical Cushing’s. I have heard good things about Dr Kelly from other patients and clearly he is a good surgeon. I think the Dr Duo are a good pair for a patient who is suffering from florid Cushing's who is easier to diagnose. Unfortunately if you are suffering from cyclical Cushing's, this pair is unlikely to help you. There is, however, another local doctor who specializes in the hardest cases.
McGregor – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr Kelly is a highly skilled and caring professional. I met with top surgeons in London and the US to find the best surgeon/approach to remove a tumour threatening my vision. With an advanced technical approach the tumour was removed through an incision in my eyebrow. Compared to a classic craniotomy, incision is minuscule, recovery time fast, very little pain, cosmetically undetectable. Dr Kellys team and the hospital are first class. I strongly recommend Dr Kelly and I am forever grateful.
SSW in Hong Kong – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
I just had Neurosurgery with Dr. Kelly and his whole team at PNI. I honestly wish that I was afforded the opportunity to provide more than 5 stars. I cannot say enough about how I was treated by Dr. Kelly, Dr. Griffiths, their team of doctors and nurses and the whole Providence St. Johns Hospital. I did extreme vetting over the last 3 years of neurosurgeons and facilities and I was finally led 2500 miles from my home to have my recent surgery. Dr. Kelly and Dr. Griffiths embody what a physic
Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly and Dr. Griffiths helped to develop endoscopic pituitary surgery and have assembled one of the best teams available for this type of surgery. Dr. Kelly was able to remove 100 percent of the tumor. My post op recovery was quick and nearly painless. Six weeks after the operation my pituitary function is nearly fully restored.
Scott Mills in Portland, OR – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Daniel Kelly and his excellent team took care of my father for over a decade. My father Mr.W was first diagnosed with a Grade II atypical meningioma when I was in middle school. He required multiple surgeries to remove the recurrent tumor over the course of eleven years. Dr. Kelly has been with my family every step of the way. Dr. Kelly is not only a brilliant and talented surgeon who gave my father’s life back (not once, but three times) but also a truly understanding and patient doctor.
Monrovia, CA – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly, Dr. Barkhoudarian, Dr. Sivakumar, Dr. Griffiths and their entire team are beyond amazing. They are calm, kind, extremely compassionate and highly skilled in what they do. I had been to some of the top doctors on the east and west coast prior to finding Dr. Kelly. No one compared to him and his associates. I am forever grateful to have found them and forever thankful for their amazing work.
Carly in Los Angeles, CA – Oct 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly is a true professional as is Dr. Griffiths, this team of doctors are and were my true gift life. I think god every day that husband found Dr. Kelly on You Tube of all places. We rated Dr. Kelly on Best Doctors, and had I surgery less than a month later. Dr. Kelly and his team are the best in world, and I was lucky to have Dr. Kelly do my surgery. 5 years after surgery and I doing great thanks to Dr. Kelly, Dr. Griffiths and their brilliant surgical team and skills. Thx A.Antonelli
Ashlyn Antonelli in Anchorage, AK – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr Kelly, his staff and especially Sharmyn McGraw are AMAZING!!! I don' know how I would have made it through the surgery and especially the recovery w/o Sharmyn!!! Dr. Kelly is brilliant, kind, sympathetic and empathetic. There are none better!!!!
audrian belcher in Cathlamet, WA – Jun 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly is very competent, professional and nice. His team handled my evaluation quickly and in a week did surgery to remove a macro adenoma. I owe him my vision and my life.
Mike Osborne in Fullerton, CA – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly, Dr. Griffiths and his staff performed a brain surgery on me and his whole team were fantastic, professional, highly skilled, qualified and caring. They are amazing.
Jessica C. – May 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly and his associates Dr. Barkhourdarian and Dr. Sivakumarw are the very best! They are very generous with their time and offer complete explanations for any questions and/or test results which need to be discussed. They are a great team and I would highly recommend them.
Jeff D. in Northridge, CA – May 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr. Kelly is a brilliant and kind neurosurgeon who is a consummate professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Kelly and his team of professionals.
Gina Marie in Santa Monica, CA – Apr 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?
Dr Kelly and his associate Dr Walavan Sivakumar and the entire team were unbelievable. Their knowledge, compassion and ability to be such wonderful people far surpasses anything we have ever seen. This was my husbands 3rd brain surgery and we are happy to report that all is well. His first 2 were done other places. We both have worked in another hospital for 30 years and we were beyond impressed and well cared for.
Matt Cogdill in Ventura, CA – Mar 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Kelly, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kelly?

Dr. Daniel Kelly is Director of the Brain Tumor Center at Saint John?s Health Center in Santa Monica, California. He is a board certified neurosurgeon and internationally recognized in the field of minimally invasive endonasal and transcranial surger...

• Neurosurgery

Georgetown University School Of Medicine
1982
Claremont McKenna College

More Information

• Does Dr. Kelly communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kelly communicates via email

• Does Dr. Kelly offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kelly offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Kelly offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kelly offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Kelly have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kelly has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Kelly offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kelly offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Kelly offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Kelly offers evening visits