Dr. Daniel Katselnik, MD

Dr. Daniel Katselnik, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Daniel Katselnik, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Shavano Park, TX. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

4118 Pond Hill Rd

Shavano Park, TX 78231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Katselnik

See how frequently Dr. Katselnik performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Continuous Glucose Monitoring
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Katselnik's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Katselnik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Katselnik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katselnik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Katselnik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katselnik to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Katselnik's Performance
New Braunfels, TX |
Although Dr. Katselnik seems to be a good Doctor, his front office has a lot to be desired. The phone system is the worst. There is no way to speak to a live person. The system says it will get back to you in 72 hours. "THAT'S THREE DAYS!" How compassionate. If you need a prescription refilled, you are out of luck. The phone system suggests you go to the web site. no telling how long it will be before a response is given.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Katselnik is the best Dr. I have seen in quite a while. I have never waited more than 15 minutes to see him. He takes his time to make sure you fully understand what is going on with your health and labs. He truly makes me feel as my time is as valuable as his. I travel quite a ways to see him because I feel he is the best.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr Katselnik came highly recommended by my cardiologist. I called to schedule my first visit and within the first 30 seconds of my first call to the office I was only asked about my insurance and a credit card number to place on file for missed appointments. I did not schedule an appointment. The office should wait until at least after the first appointment to ask for sensitive information such as credit card numbers
This entire office is the worst. Dr. K does not listen to his patients. Typically spends the appointment playing with his hair and enjoying the sound of his voice. If you reschedule an appointment, they will not refill Rx until you are seen (even if it is scheduled). They also look for lots of reasons to bill you and your insurance. My appointments with Dr. K always cost $40. My new MD charges nothing with the same insurance. Truly the worst.
San Antonio, TX |
Rude and arrogant. Left this practice after many years - the doctor I was seeing left and I was given Dr K. I asked to be moved to another Dr and was request was ignored. My only options were to put up with him or leave - I left.
in San Antonio, TX |
I, have been seeing Dr. Katselnik for years and I, thank him for keeping me on track with my health ! Dr. Katselnik, is such a personal , kind and very caring Doctor !!!
in San Antonio, TX |
I showed up for my first appointment and they wouldn't see me because I didn't fill out the required paperwork. I looked online in advance and couldn't find it and assumed I could fill it out when I got there like every other doctor in the world, but he refused to see me. Most patients have to wait a few minutes to see a doctor, and I expect the doctor to return that courtesy occasionally. Additionally, this "very important paperwork" was never included in any of the many email reminders.
in San Antonio, TX |
i switched dr after the birth of my daughter. the dr that i saw before hand wasn't what i thought. they said he was the best in SA and he was ok but not the best to me. so after the birth of my daughter my ob/gyn suggested Dr Welch and Dr Katselnik. and i'm glad she did. i really like Dr K. he took the time to sit with me and explain a lot of changes with diabetes care and encouraged me to get my pump. i would strongly recommend Dr K and Dr Welch. his staff is ok but not the greatest.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. K is an awesome doctor! He's very outgoing and spends a lot of time with you to help you better understand what exactly is going on as well as plan out detailed next steps. I HIGHLY recommend him HOWEVER.. his office staff is horrible. I dread trying to get an appointment or go see him just because of how dysfunctional it is. Too much to note but the biggest pain point is that they require you to pick up your lab slip to take to a lab.. they will not fax orders! That is ridiculous.
San Antonio, TX |
One arrogant, self involved man.... who does not listen and is condescending. Staff is rude.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Katselnik, MD?
Are you Dr. Katselnik?