Dr. Daniel W. Hanson, MD

Dr. Daniel W. Hanson, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 47 years old

Dr. Hanson specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery and practices in Maple Grove, MN. He practices at 7 locations.

Are you Dr. Hanson? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hanson's Experience

See how Dr. Hanson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hanson

Dr. Hanson accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Hanson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Hanson
Dr. Hanson's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (19)
in Lino Lakes, MN |
I have had a positive experience with Dr Hanson and his care team. When I had my back issues, Dr Hanson explained my issues, drew diagrams, wrote things down and showed me on my MRI. Dr Hanson presented me with options, told me what I could expect from each option and gave me time to decide. I tried some more conservative treatments at first but eventually had surgery ~ it was a success! I feel so much better and my only regret is that I waited so long. Thank you to Dr Hanson and his team.
in Minneapolis, MN |
FULLY EXPLAINED THE PROCEDURES, ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND BOTH SURGERIES WERE SUCCESSFUL
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Hanson is a unique in his patient approach in that he speaks with you, not at you. He thoroughly listens to the symptoms and provides alternative solutions to help guide you to an educated decision on the course of treatment that bests addresses the cause of pain, rather than just treating the pain.
in Bemidji, MN |
I have had three lower back surgeries with Dr. Hanson. My issues were being caused due to a motorcycle accident over 35 years ago. I received two fusions and one surgery to remove bone spurs on my spine. I am 100% happy with my improvement!!! The surgery itself went very well...Dr. Hanson was very informative so about what would be happening to me. My pre surgery visits and my post surgery visits were always positive. Dr. Hanson is very encouraging at all points along the way.
in BROOKLYN PARK, MN |
RECENTLY,I WAS GOING THROUGH A VERY BAD TIME IN LIFE WITH A BAD BACK THAT REQUIRED SURGERY,A FREIND HAD NEEDED BASICALLY THE SAME AND SAID TO GO TO MIDWEST SPINE AND BRAIN AND THAT IS WHAT I DID,BEST THING I EVER DID,DOCTOR DANIEL W. HANSON TREATED ME FROM THE GETGO AND THE REST IS HISTORY,HE CHANGED MY LIFESTYLE AND MADE ME FEEL 30 YEARS YOUNGER,NO PAIN AND I CAN DO THINGS I REALLY THOUGHT WERE LONG GONE,DOCTOR HANSON,YOU CAME THROUGH WITH FLYING COLORS,THE ENTIRE REYNOLDS FAMILY THANKS YOU
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Hanson was very thorough in explaining what needed to be done to correct my lumbar spinal stenosis and bone spurs. Once the severity of the problem was clear from the MRI, he rearranged his schedule to get me into surgery as quickly as possible. I am now two weeks out from surgery and the recovery is going very well. I would highly recommend Dr. Hanson to anyone who has back problems that may need surgery.
in Blaine, MN |
From start to finish Dr Hanson was excellent. I had a very positive experience with him and his staff. I felt I had a very complex problem and he helped me understand my problem by drawing me pictures and reviewing my MRI with me. I've seen other surgeons for my problem and they didn't give me the confidence and great bedside manner that Dr Hanson did. His surgical skills pulled me through and I have had a wonderful outcome. I'm so thankful for Dr Hanson. He personally called me after surgery.
in Mn |
Very personable and confident but also very hard to contact when there are concerns. He is out of the office or in surgery. I am sure he is, but many of us have to contact people outside of our scheduled day. It speaks to probable arrogance and a sense of superiority. My mom has had complications from surgery with him and he has not been very communicative post surgery. Wonderful before though. Posting this because it's been a month since last CT scan and has not called back. You decide.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel W. Hanson, MD?
Are you Dr. Hanson?

Compare Dr. Hanson

Dr. Hanson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Minnesota not available

Dr. Hanson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hanson's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Indiana Spine Group

Completed in 2004

University Of Mn

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Hanson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hanson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty