Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD

Dr. Giacomo
Telehealth services available

NorthShore Medical Group

909 Davis St Ste 160 Evanston, IL 60201

Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD is a Adult Psychiatry Specialist in Evanston, IL and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Universidad Nacional De Rosario, Facultad De Ciencias Medicas medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with Evanston Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Giacomo to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Adult Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Giacomo's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Diagnostic Evaluation
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Mania
  • Medication Management
  • Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders

Dr. Giacomo accepts

Dr. Giacomo accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Coventry Health America PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giacomo

1.9

Dr. Giacomo?
  • Wait times (22)
  • Explained conditions well (9)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (9)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (33)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (32)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (31)
I discovered the hard way through my lawyer and a new real physician that the SSRIs and Antidepressants this maniac was giving me were the very cause of the symptoms themselves, especially the akithesia, insomnia, metabolic damage to my body and suicidal and homicidal ideation, etc. I have filed a law suit against DR. Giacomo and the pharma company involved. I trusted this quack and he deceived and addicted me to these poisons which only sever neurons and act like a chemical lobotomy. I am weaned off these poisons for good and done with my eye opening stint with psychiatry and it's toxic false medicine and "professionals" . Glad to see Attorneys General finally locking up these big pharma execs along with the corrupt psychiatrists responsible for the mind altering psychotropic pills and opioids filling up hospital emergency rooms and prisons. Shame also on the LCSWs who know what is going on but cover up to keep jobs and the profits coming in.
DrGiacomoWarning – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
He. Is. The. Worst. If you're struggling with emotional issues Daniel Giacomo is NOT the doctor for you. Beware of his terrible bedside manner. He could literally care less if you live or die. And don't get me started about his practice manager. I left several messages saying I needed to cancel and yet they STILL charged me for a no-show. You can find much better care looking elsewhere. Save your time, save your sanity and keep away. Trust me! #theworst
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
Just want to follow up 8 months later. My spouse was hospitalized and subsequently treated by another psychiatrist who got the diagnosis and medication correct. So is doing great, no thanks to Dr. Giacomo. He should retire or try another profession.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
This is my second review of Dr. Giacomo. He is terrible. He kept me on Cymbalta when I was bipolar. Ten months after I was hospitalized, I have a new doctor and I am doing well on lithium . Dr. Giacomo needs to stop misdiagnosing patients. Perhaps it is time for him to retire.
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
Dr. Giacomo was a lifesaver for me. After 40+ years of debilitating insomnia resulting from depression, Dr. Giacomo prescribed a new antidepressant along with another medication, in the smallest dose available, and within a few months I got my life back. He correctly diagnosed my problem, indicating that the antidepressant previously prescribed by another psychiatrist, was probably worsening the insomnia rather than helping. I am forever grateful to him.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
This man should not be a psychiatrist. He does not return phone calls, lies about it and when finally tracked down about a serious medical problem was rude and hung up on a patient representative. He prescribed medication that caused a manic episode in a bipolar patient. If I could give less than one star I would.
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
I was completely misdiagnosed by Dr. Giacomo with ADD. I was even worse than when I first saw him with the med cocktail he prescribed me. Come to find out after seeing another Dr. I was just severly depressed. I would not recommend Dr. Giacomo as he does not take the time to even discuss symptoms etc. Each time I went to his office I timed it. I literally would be there for 10 seconds so he upped or lowered my meds, wrote me a script and sent me on my way. He needs to retire asap.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
Terrible. Just terrible. He suggest medication for me without the proper diagnosis. His nurse is the worst, good luck on getting refills because she will give you the run around. They like to see you once every couple of months, even if you’ve been on the medication for 3+years at the same dosage. It’s not worth it.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
I just wanted to update a review I left in July, where I gave Dr. Giacomo one star. I have proceeded to file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Professional Services, which is currently pending. So please be aware, if you see this doctor, keep this in mind.
Evanston, IL – Oct 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
My mom was given an appointment with Dr. Giacomo. I read the terrible reviews in here and was ready to cancel. I am glad we did not. Dr. Giacomo did not greet us or smiled when he walked us in from the reception area. However, once at his office, we was kind, compassionate, professional, thoughtful, listened carefully and considered our opinions for future treatment. Most remarkable was that he referred us to follow up with a sub-specialist for better treatment. Until then he offered his help.
Glenview, IL – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
I am disappointed in the care that received. I do not trust this guy -- he always seems bored. He often waits for me to suggest a medication to try. He usually spends 5 minutes with you.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
Very very bad doctor. Careless and not thorough. See others.
Chicago, IL – Jul 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
I'll make this short and brief! All I have to say is, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I waited 4 months to see him and I was 3 minutes late to our appointment and he turned me away! I had made another appointment to try to see him again and I never heard back from him or his staff as that was 3 months ago! Since then, I never heard back from him or his staff with a phone call to reschedule with him! WHAT A COMPLETE WAISTE OF TIME AND SO UNPROFESSIONAL! I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE! NEVER AGAIN
N/A in Chicago, IL – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
No, he won't say hello to you or smile when he calls you into his office. BUT, he knows what he's doing with psych drugs. I have medication-resistant depression and anxiety, and he's managed to keep me going for the last ten years or so. He'll give you dosages that the insurance company may not like, and he'll combine drugs in unorthodox ways--and he won't make you wait weeks or months to see if they're working. He's not going to hold your hand but he'll answer any medical questions you have.
Flipper in Evanston, IL – Nov 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
If I treated my anxiety with street drugs, I'm pretty sure I'd have a better, closer, more positive relationship and experience with my dealer. Giacomo is the best depressing depression doctor in the universe. He does not smile. He could make a clown frown in 30 seconds. Speaking of short periods of time....my last appointment with him lasted 1 min and 45 seconds. I kid you not. I hadn't seen him in 6 months, and he can't provide prescription refills unless you have an office visit.
Jane Doe in Evanston, IL – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?
Dr. Giacomo listed to my experiences more than I feel my past doctors had. He wasn't dismissive of the things I was suffering through.
Evanston, IL – Mar 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Giacomo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giacomo?

• Adult Psychiatry