Dr. Daniel Gay, DO

Dr. Daniel Gay, DO

General Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Daniel Gay, DO is a general surgery doctor who practices in Bullhead City, AZ.

2500 Canyon Rd Unit 2

Bullhead City, AZ 86442

• Health Net
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Gay

See how frequently Dr. Gay performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Constipation
Abdominal Disorders
Colon and Rectal Surgery

Dr. Gay's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gay "I operate under the golden rule - to treat people the way I would like to be treated. I strive for a partnership that emphasizes patient education and individualized attention."

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy
  • Cystotomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagogastroscopy
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vagotomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of California, Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Touro University Nevada College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • St John's Episcopal Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Mich State U Affil Hosp
  • Oakwood Southshore Medical Center

Dr. Gay has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gay to family and friends
Dr. Gay's Performance
in Fort Mohave,AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gay to everyone. A very good Doctor with a great staff. He went out of His way to help me both before and after surgery.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Well Pleased with his staff and Dr. Gay. Friendly & professional.
in Fort, Mohave, Arizona |
Great listener. He kept me informed and we made a decision regarding surgery together. The surgery went well. If I need surgery in the future, I would go back to Dr. Gay. Also, he answered all my questions.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
My first office consultation with Dr Gay I was very apprehensive until he very comely went through the surgical procedure and recooperation that was to be done for me. He one of the most amiable doctors I have encountered. Dr Gay does not leave you with unanswered questions or rush through your visit. He makes a brief preop visit just prior to surgical procedure to make sure you have no unansered questions. He always has a big smile when he greets you during follow up.
Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay is an excellent doctor & surgeon. He takes time to listen and to give advice and instructions regarding health and recovery. Yes, I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Fort Mohave |
A great Doctor ten stars!
in Laughlin, NV |
Very knowledgeable, caring and not in a rush to answer questions and concerns.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Thank You Dr. Gay .. I appreciate You ! I had a wonderful experience with you and all your staff. Your office is very professional and caring, I got right in for my appointment, and you and your staff took care of my medical procedure right away. I have and will absolutely recommended you. I Can't Thank you enough !!!!!
Las Vegas, NV |
Doctor Gay was thoroughly professional, explained my emergency procedure, why it was necessary, what to expect and explained any potential future complications. Was willing to do "no notice" surgery (you don't want to "wait" with an infected gallbladder). Staff members (especially) at front reception manage to maintain professional, caring attitude even with "difficult" patients. Pain management was great (no overmedicating), overall great experience at a bad time.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay is a very busy dr. who always has time for YOU! Makes you feel comfortable about an uncomfortable procedure. I would say I'm the "poster child" for a colonoscopy due to Dr. Gay's choices in the prep and anesthesia. No problems whatsoever! The entire staff, aside from the elderly lady who answers Dr. Gay's calls, are very friendly and polite; a "good" rating instead of excellent is due to her rudeness. I hope this will be addressed and resolved.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gay to family and friends. In the past I have encountered several doctors who do not have a good "bedside manner". Dr. Gay has a very good sense of humor and outgoing personality which is important to me. He is very knowledgeable, experienced and professional. I appreciated all the time he took to explain my medical condition and his recommendations. Dr. Gays office staff is very friendly and courteous and his surgical nurse, Tabitha, is a total "sweetheart".
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great doctor. Very calming effect. Very careing compassionate everything and more. Dr Gay is a great surgeon.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I think some people believe there are not the best doctors in the BHC area. I know because I was one of those people. However, a surgeon here saved my life. Knowledgeable, confident, straightforward, compassionate, but above all, extremely skillful. We are very lucky to have Dr. Daniel Gay at WARM-C.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay was recommended by my primary physician. He is a great listener, takes time with you, and makes sure you understand what he has communicated.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I picked Dr. Daniel Gay, DO because he was recommended by a friend. After meeting Dr. Gay and talking to him about my medical issue I was and still am positive that Dr. Gay is the right Dr. for my surgery. Dr. Gay has a wonderful Dr./Patient bedside manner. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand and I never felt like he was talking down to me. Dr. Gay completed my surgery and left very small incisions. I will be recommending Dr. Gay to my family and friends. ??????????
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I was very fortunate to have Dr Gay on board when I went to the hospital on an emergency basis-He saved my life & performed excellent surgery with minimal intrusion-he has great bedside manners and gave me words of encouragement that enabled me to get out of the hospital sooner-Thank u
in Laughlin, Nevada |
If I were to say that God placed Dr. Gay in Bullhead City just for me, that would be selfish, but in my heart I believe it! I have had bouts of diverticulitis for over 30 years; and it came to the realization in October of last year that the surgery was essential for my overall health. Dr. Gay's office is clean, organized, and he has an amazing staff to go along with it. His receptionist; Latiza, and his medical assistant Tabitha; they know everything, and make you feel like one of the family.
in Bullhead City, Az |
Dr. Daniel Gay, I believe you saved my life. There is no doubt in my mind. I've always been healthy and active. When I started to become ill I saw my family Dr. twice. With my condition getting worse I went to the ER. They admitted me and that's when I met Dr. Gay. I was scared, confused, and in an unbelievable amount of pain. I thank you for your knowledge, professionalism, patience, and caring manner. I am forever grateful for you and getting my health back on track. With gratitude, Jane A
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr Gay was very informative about my surgery. Professional, good bedside manner. Nurse Tabitha is very nice. Surgery was quick and he made feel at ease.
in Laughlin, NV |
Dr. Gay is wonderful. He is very comforting when explaining the procedure he is going to perform. The moment I came out of surgery he spoke to my wife reassuring her that all went well. His bedside manner and sense of humor is great. He was there with us prior to the surgery and after the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing his area of expertise.
in Bullhead City, Az |
Very professional, knowledgable. Very through and good bed side manner. Thank you Dr. Gay. Good experience all Surgical nurses Tara an Alley. Good nurse Tina on floor.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay and his staff did all the work for my gallbladder surgery. All I had to do was show up at the appointed time. His assistant handled all of the scheduling, medicines, prescriptions and my questions. As a lay person, they made it very easy for me to understand the exact situation at all times. i never once doubted their medical expertise. He made my recovery and follow up equally as simple. Some pain, of course. But I knew very well what to expect. There were no surprises.
in Mohave Valley, AZ |
I had a great experience with Dr.Daniel Gay and his staff regarding my umbilical hernia surgery. His staff was kind,courteous and very professional. i never had any waiting time for all my appointments and i,m extremely pleased with the results from my surgery.Thank you so much Dr. Gay and staff...Tony Van Bastelaar
in Bullhead City, AZ |
DR GAY..and his staff provided me with the best care ,that I feel could be provided.. there caring attitude and concern for my well being was second to none. they explained exactly what was going to happen.there facilities were 1ST class.. I have always heard that WARM C was terrible well I did not find that to be the case I would not hesitate to go back to this hospital or have any of my family go..once again my thank you to DR GAY..
in Fort Mohave, AZ |
Dr. Gay immediately made me feel comfortable, demonstrating great knowledge in his field, but most importantly, he was able to convey that information to me in a meaningful, concise, and often humorous manner. Since it was my first surgery, I needed that extra boost of doctor/patient communication that is often lacking in many professions today. Also worth noting, my recovery went well, and the operation was a success.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay has the best bedside manor of any surgen that I've encountered (there have been numinous). He and his staff are very professional, proficient, and kind.
Lake Havasu City, AZ |
Performed a difficult surgery that literally saved my life. I have total trust in his medical decisions and surgery skills. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs surgery.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr Gay is not only very professional, his manner makes me feel very comfortable speaking with him about issues that would normally be too personal or embarrassing to vocalize.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
The doctor was very kind and caring. I was very calm upon entering the hospital for the procedure mainly because of how well I was treated by the doctor and his staff. They genuinely cared about me as an person.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I had an emergency appendectomy at WARMAC hospital, Dr.Gay was the surgeon on duty, he explained everything to me and took care of me right away. On the follow up appointment, he came in remove the staples and spent a little time in conversation, I like that because you don't feel like you're rushed in and rushed out, he also gave me some recommendation for Family Practice Dr.'s that I needed.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I am Jennifer Coughenour's daughter and my name is Hailley! My mother is 43 years old. She had been in and out of the ER 11 times in the past two monthes, Dr Gay performed 4 major surgeries on her stomach and was at very high risk of not being able to make it through all of them. She was on life support on her first two, she has made it through all of them and is doing so well, let me just say Dr. Gay is such a life savor and a miracle worker! Words cant explain how much I love you! Thank youuuu
Bullhead City Az |
Staff is knowledgeable and work diligently to deliver outstanding patient care. Dr Gay takes time to listen to your symptoms, recommends appropriate treatment and recognizes when surgery is needed. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I had a rather complicated appendectomy and Dr. Gay was able to complete the surgery laparoscopically...something a surgeon with less skill or experience would not have been able to do. I had no complications and my recovery time was very fast. Dr. Gay also took time to make sure all of my questions about the surgery and post-surgery expectations were answered which alleviated my anxiety a great deal. Dr. Gay's office staff are wonderful as well. They are friendly, professional and helpful.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I would recommend Dr. Gay for medical advice and treatment to anyone. He is very thorough, direct and easy to understand. A wonderful human being and Doctor.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay is an excellent surgeon, he spends the time with his patients to make sure exactly what the up coming surgery has in store for them. He explains what will happen in detail, and what possible out comes there are. Follow up was excellent, and every one including the Dr. seemed caring and concerned for the patient.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I had a great experience with Dr. Gay. Everything went smoothly and my recovery is going faster than expected. I highly recommend Dr. Gay.
in Golden Valley, AZ |
Dr. Gay and his staff are fantastic! I went to him to have an umbilical hernia repaired and could not be happier with the professionalism and efficiency in which my case was handled. The surgery was a breeze, minimal pain, fast healing, and able to get back to work in a much shorter time than anticipated. I highly recommend Dr. Gay and his staff, they are the best!
in Fort Mohave, AZ |
Dr. Daniel Gay is a superb Doctor. He takes time with you to answer all questions and concerns you might have and has a great bedside manner. I would and will recommend him to anyone who would need his services. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give him a 10+.
very professial
in BULLHEAD CITY |
Efficient accurate diagnostician. Proficient surgeon. Congenial front and back office staff. Excellent outcome. Would recommend Dr. Gay without hesitation.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
I was very satisfied with the procedures and his conferring with my wife after the hernia operation. I was disappointed with not hearing the results of the upper and lower procedures results ( without making several calls and getting a quick verbal staff person saying " it was good or OK ? " This procedure was requested/suggested to have prior to the operation and would supposedly determine how the hernia operation would be done, if there was problems ). Dr. Gay did explain things very well late
in Bullhead City, AZ |
He is very warm and caring, he took the time to explain and talk to me about my problems, making me feel comfortable and confident to be in his care. This is a quality you don't find to much in the medical field these days. We need more Dr's like Dr. Daniel Gay and I would recommend, which I have to anyone, Thank you Dr. Gay for being such a great Doctor.
in Bullhead City Az |
I have seen Dr. Gay for two separate reasons. The second one ending in surgery. Dr. Gay is not only very professional he also cares about his patients. He made me feel very at ease with his confidence in my surgery going well. It did and I am recovering well. The staff in the office are all friendly and caring. Thank you to all of you for helping me through this. I highly recommend Dr. Gay!
in Fort Mohave Az |
He is great DR. . He treated me with respect, listened to me too. Great bedside manner .
in Nevada |
He was a very personable, kind, dedicated doctor.He took his time to talk to me. Reassure and comfort me. I've had no problems with the surgery, and have had great results.
Dr. Gay did a wonderful job on my colon surgery. Although I have been diabetic for many years, I healed well and with no infection. He is very attentive and concerned about the needs of his patients. Dr. Gay is also an expert when performing colonoscopies. I got through mine with no bad side effects. A Grateful Patient
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Very professional and caring.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Well, of utmost importance & appreciation is that he performed emergency surgery that had a great result. He visited me in hospital numerous times. I went in for follow up appointment on 2/3/16 and he removed staples and gave me a good report, explained some issues & will have follow up in approx 3 months to do an EGD & COLONOSCOPY. He answered all my questions. I was seen promptly at appointment time.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Dr. Gay is the best. He responded to an emergency at the hospital on a Saturday. I was choking on a piece of steak. Not only was he fantastic as a doctor, he had the nicest, at ease attitude. He explained everything that he intended on doing and afterwards. Following up with the best medical care ever. It's great to know that I had the best doctor when I needed one. Thanks to all the emergency staff as well.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Skeptical at first, because of Bullhead City's reputation of bad doctors. Dr. Gay was very friendly, easy to talk to and professional. Dr. Gay scheduled me for surgery to remove a breast lump. I couldn't believe it, that I couldn't tell I had had surgery. No pain. I never took the pain pills prescribed (I didn't need it). I was more pleased when I noticed there will be no scar when it's healed. I highly recommend Dr. Gay. If you need surgery for anything, Dr. Gay will make you feel safe.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Gay, DO?
Are you Dr. Gay?