Dr. Daniel Farrell, MD

Dr. Daniel Farrell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Daniel Farrell, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

Learn about Dr. Farrell

Video

See how frequently Dr. Farrell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Fracture
Knee Disorders

Dr. Farrell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Farrell "I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient's individual healthcare needs are met."

• Emergency Medicine

• Clubfoot
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Surgical Procedures
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Saint Louis University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Orlando Regional Medical Center--Orthopedic Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Denver Children's Hospital--Pediatric Orthopedic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Steadman Hawkins Research Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Farrell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Farrell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Farrell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Farrell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Farrell to family and friends
Dr. Farrell's Performance
in Overland Park |
Dr Dan Farrell is my idea of what a doctor should be. Aside from being the best, medically, he is friendly, empathetic, caring and very easy to talk with.
in Lenexa, KS |
Dr. Farrell takes time to explain the options a patient has. He answers questions readily. He is up to date on how to reach the best outcome. He is honest about the prognosis. I feel confident in my selection of him as a surgeon.
in Lee's Summit |
I love Dr Farrell. He's extremely patient and made me feel comfortable and important. Took time to explain what was going to happen. Bedside manner gets an A+.
in Shawnee, KS |
Dr. Farrell is in all respects a wonderful Dr. He is good with patients and he gets them to voice what they want to tell him. Dr.. Farrell is very outstanding in all regards when he is working with me to get my problem corrected (what ever that problem may be. He has a wonderful way to relate to his patients. If I needed another orthopedic, I would immediately chose Dr. Farrell. He had done a wonderful job helping my wife as well as myself over the long time.
in Parkville,Mo. |
Super results. I was up tye day of surgery and walking. I have attended three PT sessions and am on the way to recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Farrell.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Ferrell is the ultimate professional who can listen to what you are saying, is willing to find the cause of your problem quickly, make the diagnosis, and help resolve in the manner best for the patient. He never makes one feel he's rushing you out the door as quickly as possible, just to hurry to the next patient. He is very caring and compassionate and I hear his praises from many of his patients I've met up with while doing therapy, and the therapists at HMI are highly complementary.
in Overland Park, KS 66213 |
Very efficient office. Very kind responsive doctor. Very good results from shoulder replacement. His support staff is excellent and very responsive to questions.
in De Soto |
I can't say enough about how great the office staff and Dr..Farrell are.. I had a knee replacement in March and I'm back at work and active again. In addition, he has been instrumental in getting me to deal with my type II diabetes and weight loss. I would highly recommend Dr. Farrell and his office for their orthopedic services to anyone..
in Shawnee, KS |
Excellent surgeon, very knowledgeable , and a pleasure to have been a patient. I had been to three other doctors in an attempt to control the pain, with three different diagnoses and no relief. 15 minutes after meeting Dr. Farrell he knew what was wrong and told me what I needed. The surgery to replace my hip went exactly as he said it would, I went home the next day, and was outside walking with a walker the next day. I have been pain free for over a year now.
in Prairie Village. kS |
Dr. Farrell did a great job explaining my options and gave me professional guidance to help me with my health problems.
in Shawnee, KS |
Dr. Farrell came highly recommended and after my initial visit I can see why. His bedside manner, knowledge and expertise was on constant display, which made me feel at ease. His gentle method's of treatment far surpassed my expectations and he spent enough quality time to answer my questions and explained his expectations for recovery and future treatments (if needed). I would personally and professionally recommend Dr. Farrell to my family and friends without hesitation.
in Williamsburg, KS |
Dr Farrell has replaced both of my hips. I have no complaints in his skill or attention in fact I have recommend him to several others that have had him replace their hips.
in Olathe, KS |
I was very pleased with my appointment with Dr. Farrell. He was very personable and informative. He answered all my questions and addressed my concerns.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Farrell did a hip replacement on my left hip. Because of his measurement error, my left leg post-surgery was longer than my right. He advised an immediate revision, which was done 3 weeks later. He assured me that I would not get "stuck" with paying the out of pocket expenses for the 2nd surgery since the error was his. He did eat his out-of-pocket portion, but I was stuck with hospital, anesthesiologist, xray, out-of-pockets. In addition, I'm still in PT due to 2nd surgery scar tissue/pain.
in Leawood, KS |
Smart, knowledgeable, caring and kind. Great at computer navigation and total joints and sports.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Farrell and his staff are absolutely amazing. My almost 3 year old son broke his leg the ER we took him to was horrible. They told us the wrong break, the splint they put on him come to find out from Dr. Farrell was doing nothing for the pain. They gave us no referral and after trying to get him seen basically everywhere in KC on an emergency basis (a toddler with a broken leg!?) then I came across Dr. Farrell. To hear a voice on the phone that was going to take care of my baby was a miracle
in Linwood, Ks |
I have had a partial hip replacement, a total hip replacement, 2 meniscus surgeries & a total knee replacement. All of which were a piece of cake. I'm already scheduled for my other total knee replacement this year. He is an excellent doctor & I would highly recommend him to anyone!!
in Kansas City, KS |
Dr. Farrell has been wonderful! The entire HCA/Overland Park Regional staff has been incredible from the moment we walked in the door at the satellite ER on 135th in Olathe to our office visit with Dr. Farrell last Thursday. The staff at the hospital was exceptional when my son had surgery. Thank You all for your kindness, respect, dedication & great care.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Farrell & his staff are very nice. The nurse who prepped me for the visit was very helpful & caring. Dr. Farrell seems to really care about my progress. I trust his work.
in Overland Park, KS |
The care I have received from Dr. Farrell & his staff has been outstanding. When I was experiencing pain between appointments, they worked me in to be seen which helped put my mind at ease. The wait time is always fair as well. I have & will continue to recommend Dr. Farrell.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Farrell is an amazing person and doctor. He did surgery on both my father and I, always showed concern and compassion during that very long process. I was thrilled that he was the doctor that my daughter was being referred to see for her issue. I would recommend Dr. Farrell to everyone I know.
in Olathe, KS |
Dr. Farrell has a wonderful bedside manner. He is thorough with his exams and very knowledgeable with a diagnosis. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
in Overland Park, KS |
I saw Dr. Farrell after being referred by my PCP for a possible knee replacement. I was pleasantly surprised about his knowledge about the risks verses benefits, all of my questions were answered and today I am walking around pain free thanks to the surgery he performed. I would recommend to anyone.
in Leavenworth, KS |
A wonderful experience. I had heard that he was the one to see for a knee replacement and I couldn't be happier with my decision. He took the time to not just look at the problem, but to look at me as the person. I had tried non-surgical options and he knew about this when he entered the room from looking at my history, that does not happen often enough. Thank you Dr. Farrell for giving me back part of my life.
in Kansas City, KS |
Dr. Farrell spent the time to answer my questions and had a way to put me at ease. I would definitely refer him to others who are in need of an orthopedic surgeon.
Friendly, professional and knowledgable.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Farrell, MD?
Are you Dr. Farrell?

Visit Dr. Farrell

Dr. Farrell accepts 37 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Advantra
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Medicaid
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida