Dr. Daniel K. Fahim, MD

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthPlus of Michigan
  • Priority Health
  • Zurich

It's my role to listen to each patient's individual needs and concerns. Then bring my skills and the latest techniques and treatments to each patient. Most patients come to me in pain, relieving that pain is always the goal.Read more

Personal Bio

Daniel K. Fahim, M.D., is a Neurosurgeon and Michigan Head and Spine Institute. He is also Director of Spine Tumor...Read more

Dr. Fahim's Experience

See how Dr. Fahim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fahim

Dr. Fahim accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Fahim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fahim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fahim to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Fahim Says:

I am truly humbled by the many positive comments received from my patients. If you are one of those patients, please feel free to share your experience so others may benefit from the same type of care you received.

Dr. Fahim's Performance
in Grand Blanc, MI |
For many years I had severe back pain associated with bulging and herniated discs, scoliosis and a few other things. I was so nervous about having anything invasive. It has been 2 1/2 yrs now and I am so happy to say I have been pain free for 2 years. I am able to walk 5 miles a day and pick up my 8 month old grandson. Dr. Fahim is great and I tell people so. His staff was very efficient. It is so invigorating to be pain free and enjoying things again.
in Lake Orion, MI |
Dr. Fahim is an excellent surgeon. When I first met Dr. Fahim in his office, he was so polite and professional. He explained my surgery in detail and took the time to focus on me as a patient and answer my questions. Before surgery and after surgery, he is still the same caring surgeon that I met. He is a very skilled surgeon that treats every patient as if he/she were his family member. He corrected my back problem and I would highly recommend him to anyone experiencing back pain.
in Detroit, MI |
My experience with Dr. Fahim has been exceptional. He is a very talented surgeon who helped me tremendously, there is no comparison between when he first saw me and then after surgery. He puts patients more at ease with major surgery assisting to understand the procedure/problem and the follow up care needed. His genuine concern for patients is above and beyond reproach. I strongly recommend Dr. Fahim.
in Brandon, MI |
Dr. Fahim explained my brain surgery to me in a way that I was completely confident in his ability to remove my mass which he did. His bedside manner is wonderful. All of my questions have always been answered and everything explained to me in detail. I have complete trust in Dr. Fahim and his handling of my medical condition.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
Dr. Fahim took the time to answer all of my questions, and believe me, I had lots of questions. He helped me feel comfortable with the surgery, what to expect with both surgery and recovery. I was very anxious about having the surgery, but I felt confident in Dr. Fahim and the surgical staff. After the surgery I realized that most of my pre-surgery anxiety was unwarranted. My recovery went better than expected and I am glad that I had the surgery.
West Bloomfield, MI |
Dr. Fahim is extremely thoughtful and thorough. He was very helpful in explaining his decision for surgery based on the findings and the rationale for his plan.
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Thanks to Dr.Fahim, I am alive and I have my vision. I was refered to the doctor after MRI reviled a tumor near my pituitary gland. Dr.Fahim did exceptional job removing this tumor and was very attentive after the surgery. In addition to this, I had issues with my upper back and Dr.Fahim refered me to Physical Therapy that focussed on spine issues. I am almost pain free for the first time in 20 years. I am very greatful to Dr. Fahim and would trust him with health and life of my family.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Fahim sent me away in severe pain after commenting on symptoms I did not have. Dr. Fahim did no exam, no studies, no work up at all and did not even address the symptoms I was experiencing.
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
He was very polite, he explained what my condition was, and how he was going to treat it. My post op recovery was quick and relatively painless
in Bay City, Michigan |
I have already told so many people how much I like Dr Fahim. He studied my MRI with a fine tooth comb. He showed and explained to my husband and I the problem areas. He answered all of our questions. He sat and took time to listen to all of my concerns. He didn't try to rush me in and out. What a wonderful Dr. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He made me feel very comfortable right away. He is just so friendly and easy to talk to. Dr Fahim is a fine gentleman as well!!!
in Northville |
Dr. Fahim performed surgery on my neck that saved my mobility and most likely my life. He is an excellent neurosurgeon and I trust him completely.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel K. Fahim, MD?
Are you Dr. Fahim?

Dr. Fahim says...

Daniel K. Fahim, M.D., is a Neurosurgeon and Michigan Head and Spine Institute. He is also Director of Spine Tumor Program, Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak and Director of Brain Tumor Program, Beaumount Hospital-Royal Oak.

Dr. Fahim is also Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine.

Dr. Fahim's Care Philosophy

It's my role to listen to each patient's individual needs and concerns. Then bring my skills and the latest techniques and treatments to each patient.  Most patients come to me in pain, relieving that pain is always the goal.

Dr. Fahim says...

Dr. Fahim specializes in the treatment of brain and spine tumors and minimally invasive spine surgery. He also provides general neurosurgery services and complex spine surgery and reconstruction.

Specialties include:

• Brain and spine tumors
  • Minimally invasive spine surgery
  • Complex spine surgery and reconstruction
  • Safe management of brain tumors in highly functional areas

Dr. Fahim says...

Dr. Fahim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Fahim has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fahim's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Meningiomas
  • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloma
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

MD Anderson Cancer Center
    Harvard Medical School
    Princeton University

• Arabic

Dr. Fahim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fahim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neuro-Oncology

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery