Dr. Daniel P. Dunham, MD

Dr. Daniel P. Dunham, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 53 years old

My first role model was my mother. I remember as early as age 5, I always wanted to be a doctor. My mom grew up in Chicago, and she was a person who was very interested in taking care of people, helping people who were ill. In those days, there were not a lot of opportunities for women in medicine, so she went into nursing. But she was really my role model, and she's the person I looked up to the most and inspired me to try to help people when they're ill. It's important for us to be nonthreatening. For example, if you come in and - a lot of patients I have are doing unhealthy things. Maybe they drink too much. They smoke too much. They're overweight. And so I think if you take the approach that you need to stop doing this, that's stressful for people. And so, while that may be true, I think the better way to phrase it is say, If you're able to stop smoking - and we'll give you the tools to help you stop smoking - we can really add years to your life. I think it's our responsibility to make it as unthreatening as possible - all the while, though, trying to address the issues that need to be addressed that will help them live a longer and a healthier life.Read more

Rush University Internists
1700 W Van Buren St Fl 5
Chicago, IL 60612 Get Directions

Dr. Dunham's Experience

See how Dr. Dunham's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dunham

Dr. Dunham accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Dunham has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Dunham
Dr. Dunham's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (3)
in Chicago, IL |
Relatively no wait. Dr. Dunham took his time discussing all of my concerns and gave helpful advice. Not judgmental at all. Very personable. Was not rushing to get to his next appointment. This man was meant to be doctor. Quick response to question I posted on MyChart a few weeks later.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Dunham was patient and attentive. Possibly the best bedside manner I have ever experienced. Was very knowledgeable and was able to convey his recommendations in terms that were easy to understand.
in Palos Hills, IL |
Dr. Dunham really cares about his patients. He is gentle and generous with his time. He listens to your health concerns and is excellent as a doctor. You are in good hands with Dr. Dunham.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel P. Dunham, MD?
Are you Dr. Dunham?

Compare Dr. Dunham

More Internists like Dr. Dunham at Rush University Medical Center

Dr. Dunham's Care Philosophy

Dr. Dunham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Dunham has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dunham's Board Certifications

Dr. Dunham does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Dunham and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University of Chicago

Graduated in 1989

University of Chicago Hosps

Dr. Dunham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dunham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dunham does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Dunham and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.