Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD

Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD

CardiologyMaleAge 66

Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Donovan has more experience with Adult Congenital Heart Conditions, Heart Conditions, and Cardiac Electrical System Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Methodist Hospital and Methodist Heart Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Donovan to book an appointment.

Methodist Cardiology Clinic of San Antonio - Medical Dr Suite 120

Medical Center4411 Medical Dr Ste 120 San Antonio, TX 78229

Methodist Cardiology Clinic of San Antonio - Menger Spgs Dr

Methodist Cardiology Clinic of San Antonio - Menger Spgs Dr134 Menger Spgs Ste 1370 Boerne, TX 78006

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention Award™ See hospitals

More Cardiology Specialists at Methodist Healthcare

Dr. Donovan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Donovan

Dr. Donovan

Dr. Donovan is great. The San Antonio office I have major problems with. The Boerne location staff is super
Cynthia Laubach – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I have been kept waiting between 90-120 minutes every visit. Dr us very nice and personable but office staff and promptness are terrible.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Mrs Fjk – Jul 27, 2021
Thank you for the feedback. It will help us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Donovan for over 15 years. He has treated me for an aortic valve problem, and now, heart failure. While he is a cardiologist, he is more holistic than just focusing on the heart. In May of 2021, I went to ER for an enzyme problem that was affecting my heart. I was transferred to Methodist Hospital and Dr. Donovan was the first doctor to see me, brightening my day at 0600 with his infectious smile and manner. He worked with the hospitalist and the pulmonary doctors to get me well. And on the same day as that early visit, he also dropped by at 9:30 PM after a long day of surgery and an emergency. Some complain about his punctuality for appointments- he simply gets more into a day than anyone I know. And I’ve never felt rushed during the visit. He answered all my questions and I feel genuinely satisfied. If I were only permitted one doctor in my life, it would be Dr. Donovan.
Thomas Peacock – Jun 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
In March I was refer by my cardiologist to be part of a tricuspid valve clip repair study Dr Donovan is heading. I made it through the TTE procedure in May. While under sedation, I heard him say I would benefit greatly from the clip repair but I did not meet the qualifications. I attempted serveral times to find out the reason, but all his nurse would say was all participants had to be in a "XYZ" category and I fell in a "WXYZ" category. Never got response from Dr himself. My cardiologist tried contacting him directly and he did not recieve a response either. I was then referred to another valve specialist who reviewed my case to present to the surgical team for review. Dr. Donavan is a member of that team. Today I recieved word that I was not recommended for surgery and I have to wait for Dr. Donavan to talk with my cardiologist. I suspecting that if Dr Donavan had responded to my cardiologist in the beginning, I could have saved time and money with the second. I am waiting again.??
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Frances Altwein – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
As usual, very Professional and through. Very satisfied.
James E. Harman – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Donovan for well over 10 yrs. While I have not had any major procedures, my visits with him are always informational and enjoyable. His light hearted and relaxed approach is always appreciated. I find him kind, polite, and very knowledgable. I certainly would recommend him . He was recommended to me by my personal physician.
Frank A Arnold – Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Donovan for 10 years. I was a RN of 30+ years when I first saw him for a stress test prior to my having surgery. I ended up needing 4 stents placed. I continue to see him because he is very well qualified in cardiology. I see doctors who are the best in their field. I research them and ask colleagues for recommendations. He's rarely on time, but that's because of emergencies and his popularity. I bring a book to read. He explains procedures and heart conditions in simple terms.
Jun 24, 2020
We appreciate your taking the time to leave your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
Dr. Donovan has been my cardiologist since 2014 He is highly skilled. He really did literally save my life.
John L. Goldman – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I cannot find words of gratitude that I feel for Dr. Daniel Donovan And all his help, Dr. Donovan is a sincerely Professional and knowledgeable human being on his field of expertise With heart diseases He’s genuinely interest on May personal heart health He was charismatic and generally concerned on my heart health There’s monetary compensation that I could offer him to express my gratitude ( dr. Donovan would say that’s not true :) i’m sure he can think of a number $$$$ Hahahaha Thank you thank you thank you
Sergio Alvidrez – Apr 23, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
Dr. Donovan was the doctor that performed a valve replacement for me, while we both were active duty at Lackland AF. We reconnected years ago as civilians. He also, help my wife in 2015. As she experienced reaction to her Chemotherapy and was hospitalized. He is a caring physician while being on top of our medical care.
Johnny/Linda Rankin – Apr 13, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I enjoy my visits every time I go. They make you feel at home and so does Doc Donavan. He is very polite, kind and comical. I usually get "WHITE COAT SYNDROME " sweaty hands , and nervous. I don't get it with him and his staff. I would highly recommend him to any one with any type of heart problems. He is tops in my book. Thank you all.
Mary Ann Henke – Apr 11, 2020
We appreciate the kind words and will be sure to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
The doctor is great, but his office staff seems to be disorganized. Communication regarding changed appointments and insurance questions go un-answered. Voicemail messages are sometimes returned. This creates stress that this cardiac patient neither wants nor needs.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Mar 17, 2020
Thank you for the honest feedback. We are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
Dr Donovan has a great bedside manner and always has an up-beat attitude. Knowledgeable in his specialty. However, I believe he has too many patients because on most visits I feel rushed or he is running behind schedule.
Mar 15, 2020
Thank you for the honest feedback. We are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
He is attentive to medical needs, listens, and responds with a plan. When my appointment is over, I leave with an added feeling of comfort and a reminder that I should not only take care of my condition (whatever that might be) but also enjoy life to the max with that condition. He dispenses medicine and joy!
PK – Mar 15, 2020
We love hearing feedback like this! Thank you so...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
This was my first visit with Dr. Donovan as we have just relocated to the Boerne area. Dr. Donovan's staff was friendly and thorough in gathering my relevant medical history. Dr. Donovan's was very quick to put me at ease with this outgoing, warm, caring demeanor. I've had some wonderful doctors before, but I don't think I've ever had one that made me feel this comfortable and cared about. My only issue was that the wait time was extraordinarily long - I waited for almost and hour and a half. As this was my first visit, I'll give them the benefit of this being an unusual experience.
Barbara – Mar 09, 2020
Barbara, thank you for your feedback and positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I have been going to dr. Donovan's office for over 10 years My experience with dr. Donovan's office and staff has always been excellent. My husband and I feel like we are going to visit a friend when we go to my appointments.
Sissy – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
Dr. Donovan is the best! Very knowledgeable, simply wonderful and exceptional!!
Emma J Lowery – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
Felt very welcomed by staff and Dr. Donovan. His demeanor was very friendly and personable, confident and professional, and quite knowledgeable and informative. Mostly, he listens!
Thomas B. – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
Dr.Donovan has taken my concerns seriously and given me great advice to keep myself heart healthy. I appreciate the time he spends to thoroughly answer all my questions.
Margaret Alvarez-Calderon – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Donovan's for more than 10 years. He is caring, patient and really concerned about his patients.
Deena Borden – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Donovan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Donovan?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Donovan

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Donovan treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Donovan treats other conditions, please contact the office at (210) 967-0096.

Adult Congenital Heart Conditions

Adult congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as arrythmias and mitral valve disease, that have been present from birth to adulthood.Compare with other Adult Congenital Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Donovan is experienced in the area of Adult Congenital Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Aortic Valve Disease
Mitral Valve Stenosis
Mitral Valve Regurgitation
Aortic Stenosis

Heart Conditions

Compare with other Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Donovan is experienced in the area of Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 34 conditions and procedures

Heart Disease
Sinus Bradycardia
Hypertension
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Donovan is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Electrocardiogram (EKG)
Cardiovascular Stress Test
Echocardiography
Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair

Congenital Cardiac Conditions

Congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as septal defections and Ebstein's anomaly, that are present from birth.Compare with other Congenital Cardiac Conditions specialists.

Dr. Donovan is experienced in the area of Congenital Cardiac Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Mitral Valve Stenosis
Atrial Septal Defect
Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
Septal Defect

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Atrioventricular Septal Defect (AVSD)
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chest Pain Evaluation
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Dobutamine Thallium Stress Test
  • Ebstein's Anomaly
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Transradial Catheterization
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Unstable Angina
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Donovan accepts

Dr. Donovan accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Principal Financial Group
PacifiCare
WellCare
WellCare PPO

Dr. Donovan starts each day energized to get to work, whether it is to open an artery during an emergent heart attack, or to sit in his hypertension clinic...Read more

This physician is accepting telehealth visits. Daniel J. Donovan, MD, FACC is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology,...Read more

• Cardiology

• Cardiology
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Interventional Cardiology

University of Massachusetts Medical School - MA | Wilford Hall Medical Center Lackland Airforce Base Texas
Wilford Hall Medical Center Lackland Airforce Base Texas