Dr. Daniel Chan, MD

Dr. Daniel Chan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Daniel Chan is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic trauma surgeon who specializes in fracture care. He has specific training in the management of complex fractures such as those involving the pelvis and hip socket, fractures involving a joint surface that must be repaired precisely to minimize post-traumatic arthritis, and fractures that fail to heal or heal with an unacceptable alignment, to name a few. He also specializes in geriatric fracture care and has an interest in the management of osteoporosis. In addition, Dr. Chan performs minimally invasive and muscle sparing anterior approach total hip arthroplasty for traumatic (i.e. femoral neck fractures) and degenerative (i.e. osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and avascular necrosis) conditions. Finally, Dr. Chan also performs minimally invasive knee replacement surgery using custom, patient-specific implants and instrumentation. <br> A native of Toronto, Dr. Chan moved to the United States during high school with his family. He graduated from Cornell University with magna cum laude honors and was a member of the Golden Key National Honor Society. He subsequently attended the University of Michigan Medical School, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. His orthopaedic surgery residency was completed at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he was selected to be Administrative Chief Resident. <br> Dr. Chan completed his orthopaedic trauma fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery / Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City under the direction of David L. Helfet, MD, a world-renowned authority in orthopaedic trauma and pelvic fracture surgery. He is an Active Member of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association, serves as a faculty member for AO North America, and is a Fellow of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.

Memorial Division of Orthopaedic Trauma

1150 N 35th Ave # 130

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Memorial Healthcare System
  • Neighborhood Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Chan

I enjoy the daily challenge of caring with patients with various fractures and the unique "personality" of each injury which requires an individualized approach. Each patient is treated as if they were immediate family and I perform a meticulous work-up / pre-operative plan before embarking on any surgical intervention, regardless of complexity. I have specific training in the management of pelvic / acetabulum fractures, periarticular fractures, and nonunions / malunions.

Video

Dr. Chan's Experience

Dr. Chan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hip Bursitis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Malunion of Fracture

• Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment

• Jackson Mem Hosp/U Miami
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Hosp Special Surg-Cornell University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Chan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chan to family and friends
Dr. Chan's Performance
in Hialeah, Fl |
I'm Extremely Satisfied with the Very Experienced True Professionals of Dr. Chan and His Team, Thank You All Im Forever Greatful. Sincerely, Diego V. Cabrera Jr.
in Hallandale, FL |
I came to Miami on vacation and the first day I felt and fracture my hip. Doctors Daniel Chan did my surgery and I was very pleased with outcome. The staff in the hospital was exceptional. Thank you Dr Chan and staff
in Hollywood Florida |
He is a great Doctor! He is very caring and he is very good at what he does. The best surgeon.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr Chan is the greatest, he is the best I'm so glad that he took care of me. # 1 in my Eyes. His staff is also # 1 Thank you all!
Miami, FL |
Some people have the opportunity to do what they are born to do, and Dr Chan was born to be a surgeon. He goes about his gift as we go about having coffee in the morning, and the result shows his ability. I had knee replacement and in two weeks I was walking around.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I went to Dr. Chan for a second opinion for an anterior hip replacement. I knew before the end of my appointment that he was the surgeon for me. My surgery was nine days later. I have not felt this good in over 2 years. Dr. Chan and his staff are the most caring, professional doctors office I know. All I can say is thank you for giving me my life back!!
Newark, NJ |
Dr. Chan is an excellent surgeon. I was able to go home the same day as the surgery for my total hip replacement.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I saw Dr. Chan as soon as I was admitted. He explained exactly what my condition was and what was going to be done to repair my fractures. He made me feel at ease in an otherwise trying time. I was advised that Dr. Chan was the specialist to see to repair my fractures, and this was proven to be good advice. The follow-ups have been thorough and my healing has been complete.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Chan and his team are Amazing. They are all so caring, friendly, and professional. Dr Chan is an impeccable surgeon.
in Hallandale, FL |
Dr. D. Chan was recommended by another surgeon. We found Dr. D Chan to be attentive, empathetic and dedicated to his practice. I had a broken humorous, due to an accident, and decided to leave my care to Dr. Chan, after seen multiple doctors, and been admitted to another hospital. Dr. Chan and his entire staff treated me with respect, and concern. Two weeks had passed since my surgery. I am pleased with the results of operation and that I took the time selecting Dr. Daniel Chan, as my surgeon
in Davie, Fl |
He is a highly skilled surgeon who is also a very sweet human being. He takes his time to explain and to care.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Outstanding surgeon. Explains everything. Great bedside manner. Xray technicians refer to him as the bone whisperer and stated he is the best surgeon at Memorial. I agree.
in West park, fl |
Dr Chan is my boo !!! Great job on my ankle I'm back walking again most importantly I'm back active with my two boys love you Dr Chan and Ms.Erica is the bomb wonderful customer service great energy in the office !!!!! Happy new year you guys
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Chan provided medical treatment to me (as a victim) in June 2015 due to traumatic injuries due to a car accident. Dr. Chan thoroughly explained my injuries and the required treatments to follow to fully recover. He was patience and thorough at each office visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Chan, to others who may require his service.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Chan is wonderful. He is very professional as well the team He is working with. He takes care up to the minimum detail. I had a very good experience. I had my knee replaced 5 weeks ago and I am doing really good. Thank you very much
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr Chan is a wonderful doctor. He took his time explaining in detail all the necessary information about my procedure. He didn't seem rushed, but quite the opposite. He welcomed questions and was extremely pleasant when answering. His office staff, especially Erica, was a gem to deal with. I work in a medical office and know the importance of having a personable staff. They are excellent. I feel wonderful, my recovery is ahead of schedule and I am so thrilled Dr. Chan was my physician!
in Hollywood, Florida |
I had pelvic surgery with Dr Chan on June 20, 2016, and have only excellent things to say about my experience. My surgery was a success and after 3 months I am happy to say that I am walking on my own without a walker, and feel very good. Oh, by the way, I am 70.
in Davie ,Fl. |
I have received wonderful care all the way from the hospital stay to the after care at Dr. Chan's office . Everyone is very nice and helpful the whole way through! I can truly say that I'm very lucky to have had Dr. Chan and his staff for my broken tibia !!!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
The fact that Hollywood is a good drive from my house,I would never mind taking that drive because he make sure his patients are taken care of.thanks for taking care of me,Dr.Chan
in Miami, FL |
I appreciate his time and personal attention. Answered all my questions and treated me with respect.
in Cooper City, FL |
Dr Chan is an excellent surgeon. He repaired my broken clavicle approximately 3 weeks ago. I had very little post op pain and at my two week follow up, he was both professional and friendly. He showed me my X-rays and explained the healing process. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions regarding my progress.
in Miramar, FL |
Informed, Informed, Informed. It felt as though i was doing the operation. I knew what to expect, fast track to rehab, and confidence to enter the surgery with peace, and security!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I fell off a ladder and fractured my lower leg in 3 places. Going through the ER, I was assigned to Dr. Chan for my surgeon. It might have been luck of the draw, put I drew an ace. The near 3 hour surgery went well and 2 months later, the scars are healing beautifully. Dr. Chan explains things carefully and never makes me feel rushed in answering my long list of questions. I have never been more pleased with a doctor nor more grateful for his skills and conscientiousness.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Chan is very thorough. His bedside manner is the best I experienced EVER!. He takes the time to review what he will be doing before the surgery and after the surgery he follows up with care. What he said, happened. The pain management was minimal in comparison to others with similar surgeries. The office visits are also minimal. You are in and out of there under 1 hour including x-rays, and speaking to the doctor. Dr. Chan is amazing. He is competent, thorough, genuinely kind, respectful.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I fractured my elbow and the ER physician said I need surgery ASAP. I called several orthopedic physicians no one was able to see me. I called Dr Chan's office after researching many orthopedic physicians and his office staff were very professional and efficient and they fit me in. I was very impressed with him. Explained every step and made me feel very comfortable.
in Sunrise, FL |
Total hip replacement April 2015, back to work 2 weeks later. Now it has been just over a year with no complications /no pain-- outcome speaks for itself. That's a five star in my book!
in Plantation, FL |
Dr. Chan is an excellent orthopedic surgeon who truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to listen to their concerns and never makes the patient feel rushed. My surgery went extremely well and I thank him, his expertise and his wonderful and conscientious staff for making my experience a special one and my recovery an easier one. Thank you!.
He is prompt, courteous, compassionate, knowledgeable, highly-skilled, and friendly. In other words, he is the consummate medical professional. One of the best physicians I have ever encountered in my life.
in Wilton Manors, FL |
Dr. Chan is an exemplary doctor. He is brilliant, kind, and able to communicate in a thoughtful, clear manner. As an orthopedic trauma physician, his reputation is stellar. I am alive and mobile, in part, because of the assessment, surgery and follow-up of Dr. Chan and his Team.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Chan and staff are caring and highly professional. I have recommended him to several people already, I had right anterior total hip replacement on Feb 4, 2016 and was able to go home next day Feb. 5th. I am highly impressed and grateful for him! I will probably need my left replaced and will be having Dr. Chan do the procedure!
north miami beach, fl |
I injured myself on Sunday the 20th of December. I was not able to get to the hospital until 11:00 PM and was told by the emergency room doctors that my surgery would have to wait one to two days to get scheduled. I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Chan made the effort to come in that night and do the surgery. Besides his decision to come in at such late hours on a sunday all of his team was very professional and courteous. One month after surgery and im almost back to normal.
in Hallandale Beac |
I had total hip replacement. Surgery was December 21 2015. Went home the same day. Returned to work December 28,2015. No crutches, no cane. My work is photography. The operation was close to miraculous. I whole heartedly recomend Dr. Chan. I cannot thank him enough. S. Cruz
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr Chan It is a wonderful man a caring professional I highly recommend his practice he is an excellent professional, I did undergo the replacement of my two hips which I decide to do at once base on the trust Dr Chan inspire on me the following day I was up and walking which it was quite amazing. Month later I fell stronger and stronger walking with no help
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Chan did a wonderful surgery with my hip replacement. My surgery and recovery was relative pain free. I did not use any pain meds after the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Chan, MD?
Are you Dr. Chan?