Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Daniel Cadena Castillo, MD
Dr. Daniel Cadena Castillo, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Prescott, AZ. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Cadena Castillo is affiliated with Yavapai Regional Medical Center - West Campus.

Arizona Grand Medical Center

3773 Crossings Dr Ste C

Prescott, AZ 86305

Learn about Dr. Cadena Castillo

Excellence in Endocrinology care

Dr. Cadena Castillo's Experience

Dr. Cadena Castillo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Insipidus
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling
  • Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Universidad Industrial De San
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Cadena Castillo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cadena Castillo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cadena Castillo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cadena Castillo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cadena Castillo to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Cadena Castillo's Performance
in Dewey, AZ |
I would certainly recommend Dr. Cadena to other patients . He is always very pleasant and very friendly .He is efficient and very knowledgeable.
Prescott Valley, AZ |
Prior to Dr. Cadena's and Dr. Box's arrival, Type 1 diabetics needed to go to Phoenix for decent care. My endo there had started pawning me off on her PA, who was not helpful at all, no point in even making the trip for just an A1C test. You can't assume because someone has had it a long time that they don't need help periodically. I could tell from my first visit with Dr. Cadena that he was extremely smart, current on new technology, and aggressive in his standards. Love him!
in Prescott, AZ |
technically proficient but gets angry & impatient. He gets upset if he can't find trends in pump's data. I'm diabetic 59 years & know how to care for myself. I can live with his personality but not with his & staff screwups. I got blood test & they forgot to order A1C, then wrongly blamed it on the lab. Against my wishes, he ordered a scrip for brand name drug that has generic equivalent. My cost was $85 extra. When I complained about screwups, he dropped me as a patient, saying non-compliant.
in Chino Valley, AZ |
Best Doctor I have seen in 20 years or more. I felt I was on deaths doorstep and he listened, tested , explained and treated me. I haven't felt this good in many many years. Thank You Dr. Cadena. Love you and your staff. I was always treated with respect , dignity and genuine concern by all.
in Prescott, AZ |
I contacted the office and the receptionist was friendly, courteous and professional. When I arrived for my appointment I was greeted by the receptionist, the intake process was accomplished quickly. I was taken to a room, the nurse was friendly and professional. The doctor arrived shortly there after and was professional and courteous. He explained different tests that he wanted scheduled and the reason for each test.
in Prescott az |
Saw him twice for parathyroid issues. Didn't like him or his assistant. Typical know it all doctor and really offensive know it all assistant. Whatever I asked for was ignored. You can't talk to him on the phone. You can't email him. You have to make an appt for anything. I had surgery in Phoenix. Cadena's said it would be $10,000. It was $70,000. Also I had gained a lot of weight just prior to having the parathyroid issue. Did he once talk about metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance? No.
in Paulden, AZ |
Been my Endo for a few years. I have been places on more meds then needed. I have been ignored for things I wished to have checked. I still see him to fill meds but otherwise go elsewhere. If you can find another endo.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He made a negative comment about why is he even seeing me as a patient before entering the room. He refused to look at any of my 6 years of complex testing + results saying he has everything he needs already. He told me that my supplements are only helping me because they are a placebo and it's in my brain. He said I'm sorry you came in here looking for me to have the answer and give you a magic pill and everything would go away. He cut me off when I'd talk, no compassion or care.
in Prescott, AZ |
I went to him for high cortisol levels last year.When I was at the appointment discussing the results, he gave me false results.I had to question him about it before he gave me the correct results. He told me I do not have chronic fatigue syndrome and I am fine. After months of suffering from debilitating symptoms, I went to a new doctor who performed far more tests and diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome. I don't recommend you goto cadena. He is very rude and not knowledge able.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Cadena is very young. He's from Columbia and difficult to understand. He lectures you like a 10 year old rather than explaining. His office assistant is arrogant and uncooperative and behaves as though HE is the doctor. He makes you feel as though you are pestering him whenever you make a request. He interrupts. His mistakes he blames on you. I asked for a prescription and didn't get it. I requested reports to be sent to another doctor. It wasn't done. After 2 visits I stopped.
in Prescott AZ |
He's knowledgeable and thorough. He can seem abrupt but answers questions fully worth respect.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Cadena Castillo, MD?
Are you Dr. Cadena Castillo?

Visit Dr. Cadena Castillo