Dr. Daniel Bruning, MD

Dr. Daniel Bruning, MD

Pain Medicine  |

Dr. Bruning was born and raised in the Kansas City area. He completed his education in the Midwest, returning to KC to practice medicine and raise a family. He met his wife Cynthia Drake, a gynecologist, in residency and they married shortly after beginning their medical practices. They have 3 wonderful children that are now out of the house and have just welcomed their first grandson to the family. He is a devoted family man and enjoys spending time with all the kids.

PainCare

10501 Metcalf Ave

Overland Park, KS 66212

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Kansas, Inc.
  • Coventry Health Care of Missouri
  • Medico
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Bruning

After practicing in a hospital for 17 years, he wished to bring convenient, office based interventional pain management to the area so he founded PainCARE at 105th and Metcalf in Overland Park. Dr. Bruning is a voracious reader and continues to keep abreast of new and exciting treatments for management of pain. He also is a great resource for trusted referrals to excellent physicians when different treatments or surgery is needed to make his patients better. Recently, he is excited to add Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Regenerative injections to his practice for his patients. This new and innovative treatment has been used by elite athletes to repair torn and degenerated muscles, ligaments, tendons, and has shown promising results in treatment of some degenerative joint conditions. Learn more about this and other aspects of his practice at kcpaincare.com.

Dr. Bruning's Experience

Dr. Bruning's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Stem Cell Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Missouri at Kansas City

• Certificate of Added Qualifications in Pain Management, 1998, 2008,
  • American Board of Anesthesiology, 1986,
  • Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management, 2007
  • Top Docs of Kansas City(Pain Management), 2012

Dr. Bruning has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bruning does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bruning and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Bruning's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bruning to family and friends
Dr. Bruning's Performance
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Bruning is a miracle worker. One injection and I was back on my feet I highly recommend him
in Overland Park, KS |
This office is one of the most professional practices I've ever been in as a patient. You are greeted by a lovely young lady who is all smiles and very bubbly. The nurses are wonderful, even when you call them 20 times like I did. Dr. Bruning has no peers. He is extremely outgoing. He talks to you in plain English and has a tremendous personality. I would recommend this practice to everyone I know.
in Lawrence, KS |
Dr. Bruning has kept me active and feeling good for over a decade now. I have 3 degenerative discs in my lumbar spine that have caused pain of all sorts in my back and lower body. Sometimes it has been unbearable. EVERY TIME Dr. Bruning as known what to do and helped me return to my active life. I'm a practicing engineer and will turn 69 years old this year. Because of Dr. Bruning, I feel like I can move toward retirement with anticipation of having some great times ahead. THANK YOU.
in Olathe, KS |
I had experienced pain in my lower leg ever since I tore ankle ligaments 40 years ago. After explaining the pain symptoms to Dr. Bruning, he quickly diagnosed the problem and remedy. I can't believe I waited so long to be pain free and I can't say enough good things about this physician
Kansas City, MO |
Not only does Dr. B explain everything, he gave me sedation before the epidural which helped with my nerves about the shot. The office has a relaxing attmosphere and the staff are very helpful. My epidural at his office was way cheaper than my last one because he did it right there in the office. They made go to a day surgery for my last one.
in Paola Ks. |
Staff & Dr. Bruning very polite,smiling & reasuring. Watched me closely after shots. Always felt better after treatment
in Overland Park, KS |
I have been seeing Dr. Bruning for several years and have been very pleased with my care. He is trying PRP therapy on my hips and sacroiliac joints. He keeps up-to-date on the latest medical innovations and explains everything so I can easily understand.
in Overland Park, KS |
My prior pain doctor switched to doing his procedures in an ASC which means I would have to pay an additional $500 out of my pocket. He referred me to Dr. Bruning and I only have to pay my regular copay. Not only does it save me a lot of money but Dr. Bruning was terrific!! He took lots of time to explain my procedure and I didn't feel a thing! The office was clean and attractive and his staff are very caring.
Clean and beautiful office. Friendly staff. Great nurses who know alot. Dr. Bruning was so good at explaining my problem and what could be done to help me. I loved the sedation. It really calmed my nerves.
I had a positive experience from start to finish. I have been in a lot of pain for 7 years and Dr. Bruning took it away. His staff is wonderful and a joy to be around.
in Lee's Summit, MO |
I would recommend Dr. Bruning because he listened to me and figured out my problem when other doctors couldn't. I have had epidurals before and they were painful! His epidural didn't hurt at all!!!!! The staff is wonderful and really care.
in Overland Park, KS |
Knows how to apologize, that's his string point. Had no sympathy towards my needs what so ever. I had heard good things about him but now I see his true colors. I recommended him to several people and for that I apologize for the discomfort I'm certain I caused you. I wish I could do more than apologize but that's what Dr. Bruning's office did for me after making an appointment 3 weeks ago, confirming it yesterday and than calling me today to say we cancelled your appointment. repulsive
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Bruning, MD?
Are you Dr. Bruning?

Visit Dr. Bruning

Dr. Bruning accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
    Preferred Care Blue PPO
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Kansas, Inc.
    Coventry Health Care of Kansas, Inc. PPO