Dr. Daniel Berg, MD

Dr. Daniel Berg, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Daniel Berg received his medical degree from the University of Toronto. He completed a dermatology residency at Duke University in Durham, N.C. and a fellowship in dermatologic surgery at the University of Toronto. He also completed a fellowship in Mohs surgery at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Berg's interests include the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, including Mohs surgery. Formerly with the University of Washington as the director of dermatologic surgery and also a private Seattle based Mohs surgery practice, Dr. Berg has more than 20 years of experience in the field. He has performed more than 15,000 Mohs and reconstructive skin cancer surgeries.

1229 Madison St Ste 1090

Seattle, WA 98104

• Health Net
  • ODS Health Plan
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Providence Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Berg

See how frequently Dr. Berg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
Basal Cell Carcinoma
Skin Cancer

Dr. Berg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Berg "As a dermatologist with over 20 years of experience specializing in assessment and treatment of skin cancer, I strive every day to provide the best care possible for my patients."

• Dermatology

• Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Dermatological Disorders
  • Keloid Scar
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome

• Mole Removal
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Toronto
  • University British Columbia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Toronto
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Berg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Berg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berg to family and friends
Dr. Berg's Performance
in Seattle, WA |
I went to Dr. Berg for a skin cancer on my nose. He is both professional and friendly, and I felt as though I was in good hands. He carefully explained what he was doing at all times, and he was very concerned with giving me the best outcome possible. What was really amazing was that, when I called in late at night with a problem the first night post-op, he was the one who called me back...evidently he is always on call for his patients. He solved the problem and I am happy with my nose!
Lynnwood, WA |
Dr. Berg has treated me 2 different times. The outcome was excellent. He is also careful with the esthetics of the scars in visible areas, and takes patient concerns seriously. I highly recommend Dr. Berg - especially since his practice is so focused on the one thing that he does so well.
in Silverdale, WA |
In 2012, Dr. Berg performed Mohs surgery for squamous cell carcinoma over my left eyebrow, and the results were suberp. Totally satisfied with the results of this surgery, I sought out Dr. Berg when I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma on the helix of my right ear. Again, Dr. Berg performed Mohs surgery to removed the basal cell carcinoma, and the results are outstanding. Dr. Berg an outstanding surgeon, whose patient care is superior. I shall seek him out again, should the need arise.
in Seattle, WA |
Avoid this doctor unless you want to look like Al Pacino in "Scarface". I went in for a routine removal of a tiny spot and ended up with a huge disfiguring scar. Don't believe his before and after pictures!
I have been going to Dermatologists for 50 years. Dr. Berg is the best Mohs surgeon in the NW! His technical skill is matched by his ability to communicate with his patients. He truly cares and provides the highest level of care. He is absolutely the BEST doctor you can find!
in Seattle, WA |
Great care,wonderful staff, and personalized treatment Couldn't ask for better
in Olympia, WA |
Dr Berg did a Moh's procedure on my cheek 13 years ago at UW. He did an excellent job. He was very compassionate and communicative. He very clearly laid out my options regarding he ways he could stitch me up and what kind of scar I could expect. When I needed to have another basal cell removed, I called Dr Berg, even though I live in Olympia. Andrea is very helpful and prompt at the front desk, and Dr Berg and the rest of his staff are taking great care of me right now.
in Juneau, Ak |
I was so impressed with the level of professionalism and competence of Dr. Berg and the staff at Seattle Skin Cancer Center. He is friendly, helpful, compassionate and kind. He listens and explains as much or as little as you require. His nurse, Bridget, is also fantastic. She is courteous, has a great sense of humor, makes you feel very comfortable and cares about you. I hope I don't need these services again but if I do I will without hesitation return to Dr. Berg.
Issaquah, WA |
Caring, courteous, perfectionist
Vashon, WA |
Friendly, competent, reassuring.....great support staff as well. Results were excellent. Great office view, very good waiting room snacks!
in Redmond, WA |
Dr. Berg has been my dermatologist for over 20 years. He has managed my somewhat complicated case efficiently and thoroughly with outstanding results. He consults with plastic surgeons and radiologists regarding possible courses of action and refers me to them when appropriate. I enthusiastically recommend him.
in Seattle, WA |
I have been seeing Dr. Berg since 2012 and I think he is the best!! I have had over 8 basal cells on my face due to being a real sun lover In my earlier years. Now, I have a hard time seeing any trace of his work and I had a couple that were quite extensive. I highly recommend Dr. Berg for his excellent work and his special caring for his patients.
in Seattle, WA |
I have had three facial Moh's surgeries by Dr. Berg. All were done well and I was pleased with the procedure & results.
in Woodinville, Wa |
Dr Berg and his staff go the extra mile to make sure your visit goes smooth and relaxing. All the procedures are explained and easy to understand. Over the past 12 years I have had three skin cancer issues, all preformed by Dr. Berg. All three have turned out above my expectations. I live on the east side and prefer to battle the Seattle traffic just to know I have the best person for the job. You rock Dr. Berg. Bob Jones Woodinville
Seattle, WA |
Dr Berg has been my dermatologist of nearly 20 years. Over the course of this long association, he has been the most caring, competent and professional Dr. I've ever been associated with. This, given that I have a 30 history of medical issues, ranging from cancer surgeries and radiation therapy to multiple organ transplants. Dr. Berg gets my highest rating!!
in Auburn, Wa |
This was my first time going through this process and I couldn't have asked for a more caring, competent doctor. He understood my fear and helped me work through it. Dr Berg and staff were incredibly patient, understanding and always available if I needed them. They treated me with respect, kindness and compassion during this emotional time in my life. I would recommend them to anyone that has to go through this.
in Seattle, WA |
Very thorough and communicates all pertinent info
in Seattle, WA |
Ten years ago I contracted a nasty basal cell carcinoma that burrowed into my ear. No one in Washington, D.C., could handle it. I retreated to Dr. Berg in my home town of Seattle. He skillfully and painlessly performed ten hours of in-office surgery and coordinated additional care. His work allowed me to avoid years of discomfort and disfigurement. As far as I am concerned, he is the best Mohs surgeon in America.
in Bellevue, WA |
As a patient with melanoma history, I have a lot of experience with Dermatologists. I see Dr Berg every 3 - 4 months and he and his staff have been a pleasure to work with. From helping me through my irrational fears of minor procedures, to helping me identify the best way to minimize my risks, he has been incredible. I trust his judgement and that is so important to me. I am looking forward to partnering with him and his staff for many years to come.
in Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Berg has been treating me for almost 10 years. I have a rare condition that requires me to consult a dermatologist for cancer about every 3-4 month. I can honestly say that Dr. Berg is the best doctor that I have ever seen. In my opinion, his skill as a surgeon and care for his patients is unmatched. He truly listens and cares about you. And he gains your trust and confidence in his surgical expertise. I have had many experiences with doctors in my lifetime. Both good and bad. I can
in Bainbridge Island, Wa |
Excellent dr. Very considerate. Had a problem at home Sunday morning. He had provided his cell phone # and helped me when I least expected it. Very satisfied with his work and ethics.
in Seattle, WA |
My husband needed surgery for melanoma on his temple and I was worried because the surgery was very close to his eye. Dr. Berg addressed both my husband's and my concerns at every step. I appreciated his professionalism and his ability to explain complex ideas in an simple way. Dr. Berg was very responsive on a holiday weekend when we had concerns about an issue. He called right away after we called his service and also checked back in later that day. I highly recommend Dr. Berg.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Berg, MD?
Are you Dr. Berg?