Dr. Daniel Barton, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 50

Dr. Barton

Daniel Frederick Barton

4414 WESTLAWN DR Nashville, TN 37209

Dr. Daniel Barton, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Nashville, TN. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Barton to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Barton's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Barton's Top Procedures and Conditions

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Barton performs Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) more than 59% of his peers

Dr. Barton performs this procedure more than 59% of his peers

Dr. Barton treats this condition more than 32% of his peers

Dr. Barton's conditions and procedures:

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Barton accepts

Dr. Barton accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Barton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Barton

4.4

86.20689655172414%

Dr. Barton?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (24)
  • Explained conditions well (24)
  • Staff friendliness (24)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
This man is a literal lifesaver. I’ve been a patient for almost 4 years and has improved my life in ways I didn’t even think possible. He is kind, thoughtful, and insightful. His nurse Sandi is amazing and makes sure your visit goes well. Dr Barton makes magic happen, at least as far as I’m concerned.
Candice – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I would strongly discourage anyone from letting Daniel Barton care for their children. Years ago, I was under Daniel's care as a teenager, and I can say with confidence that he is not worthy of parents' trust. His failure as a medical professional took a bad situation and made it worse, thanks to his misdiagnosis and prescription practices (including prescribing a medication for years that worsened the same condition he claimed to treat). I hope other families can find psychiatric care that helps their children, rather than harms them through callous behavior bordering on neglect.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
When I decided to try Ketamine treatments for my chronic depression (40 years), I interviewed two Ketamine clinics, Dr. Barton's practice was one. Greatly preferred his approach which is to make sure you're an appropriate candidate and inform you of all the potential positives as well as the negatives. Have now completed my initial Ketamine treatments and want to recognize both Dr. Barton and his RN, Sandi, for the rare combination of professionalism and compassion. And, oh, BTW, the treatments have been successful in that it has moved me from about a "5" to an "8." Which is better than I've felt in 40 years.
Robby Lee – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Dr. Barton and his nurse, Sandy, are absolutely amazing. I went there for ketamine treatments after a lifetime of debilitating anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts. Dr. Barton spent a great deal of time with me, was incredibly professional, and insightful. He offered other treatment suggestions besides the ketamine that have been helpful. Sandy was so thoughtful, accommodating, and insightful as well. I went feeling at an all time low and now feel better than I have in years. I can’t say enough great things about the wonderful care I received.
Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Dr. Barton is caring, competent and has been exceptional in helping me with anxiety and depression. I have had the ketamine therapy treatments and they are helping me live my life to the fullest.
Laura Aldridge – Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Dr. Barton and his staff (Nurse Sandy!)are incredible.
May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Dr. Barton, and his nurse Sandi, treated me with respect, dignity and provided compassionate care throughout my treatments. They are consummate professionals and are deeply committed to patient advocacy. There is no better team in Nashville.
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I’ve suffered from depression for decades, received ongoing counseling for twenty plus years. Ketamine, recommended by my therapist, offered by psychiatrist Daniel Barton, whom she knew and respected, has made a profound difference for me. Following treatment, I'm the same person I was, with the same history and life problems, but somehow dislodged from the point of view from which I used to see them. The result is a sense of not “sitting” in the middle of old wounds, reduced anxiety of repeating those experiences, and more ease with myself and others. These changes may be temporary. I may fall back into that old thinking, but whether I do or not, I feel I've had the experience of how to live without it. My hope is with continued presence of mind, I'll continue to see the world from this better place. I found The Nashville Ketamine Center comfortable and safe, Dr. Barton and staff caring and professional, guiding me through this internal experience. I'm glad I went to them.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
J. Hardy – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Barton for almost 14 years. I had to work with two other psychiatrists at times c/o moves away from Nashville, and neither of them provided anything close to comparable care. Dr. Barton provides a 50 minutes session in order to have in-depth discussions of what’s been going on, which helps him give more medically sound guidance as opposed to the psychiatrists who talk to you for 15 minutes, give you a script, then send you out the door. Dr. Barton listens, is open-minded, and considers options aside from simply doling out pills. I highly recommend working with him.
Liz – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
If you are suffering through the darkness and despair of depression you should know that Dr Barton, Nurse Sandi and staff at Nashville Ketamine Center CAN help you! I strongly recommend you at least set an appointment with them to discuss options available to you. You DO NOT have to keep suffering.
Mark – Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Normally i'd want to leave a short and sweet post, but i feel like it wouldn't express how much gratitude i have for this place and Dr B ! One day i was driving and i hear on the radio that there's a new "Wonder Drug" called "Ketamine" that is now being used to treat bad stages of depression and this person on the radio was definitely preaching to the right audience. Right after i went on the internet to learn more about it and look for a clinic near me, When i went on the Nashville Ketamine website and read through all the material i thought to myself i better give this a shot which went against my past experiences. I have been suffering from depression from a young age and have been to two drs previously one which i discontinued after two visits and one which was for almost a year, that dr recommended i start taking an anti-depressant which made me feel worse than i was and ended up not wanting to take any medication, i got better but it turned out that the problem was just being
Mo Ghoneim – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Barton for a few years, and I genuinely believe he cares about his patients' outcomes. I have experienced a few psychiatrists who only want to over-medicate you and send you out the door. When you find one who really wants to get to know you and get to the root of your problem, you better hang with them! Dr. Barton is that kind of provider. If you want an advocate in your corner, give him a call.
Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Dr. Barton is very compassionate and very knowledgeable. He provides a cutting edge medication for treatment resistant depression in a caring and supportive home-like environment.
Terry in Nashville, TN – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Daniel Barton for about 2 years now. He is by far one of the best psychiatrists I have ever seen. He is patient, kind, and caring. He genuinely wants to see you do your best and will make recommendations on the steps to take to get you there. He is highly knowledgeable about addiction and other areas. I would highly recommend him.
Nashville, TN – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
After several months of sessions, Dr. Daniel Barton never once provided input on anything I said and never asked me about my history. Direct questions (which I only started asking many sessions and hundreds of dollars down the line) were always responded to with Dr. Barton lashing out and getting suddenly defensive followed by staring wide-eyed at the floor with profound childlike embarrassment on his face like he wasn’t able to control himself and was going to cry. Very weird guy.
Dec 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Barton for over 15 years and he has been a tremendous help to me. I would highly recommend him to anyone struggling with issues. He has incredible expertise in his field.
Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I highly reccomend Dr Barton.
Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
I would certainly recommend Dr. Barton to anyone in need of a well qualified and compassionate doctor. Could not speak more highly of Dr. Barton.
Nashville, TN – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
He's the best dr. I've ever been to. Life changing. I recommend him to anyone I know that is struggling with things.
Alan in Nashville, TN – Aug 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?
Dr Bartons compassion and care for his patients health is unsurpassed. His staff is friendly, efficient, professional and caring. His office is comfortable, relaxing and you'll feel like you're at home.
Beverly Floyd in Huntsville , AL – Jul 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barton?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry