Dr. Daniel Barone, MD

Sleep MedicineMaleAge 42

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Daniel Barone, MD is a Sleep Medicine Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Barone to book an appointment.

Weill Cornell Sleep Center

New Patient?
Upper East Side425 E 61st St Fl 5 New York, NY 10065
Lower Manhattan156 William St Fl 11 New York, NY 10038

• Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

More Sleep Medicine Specialists at Weill Cornell Sleep Center

Dr. Barone's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Barone

4.0

Dr. Barone?
  • Explained conditions well (17)
  • Office environment (17)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (17)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
I have been with Dr. Barone for over five years. I think him a superstar! He is personable, responsive, and caring. Five years ago, though I was reluctant to have a sleep test, he encouraged me to get one. After the test, he instantly knew what my needs were and worked with me for the best solution--a CPAP machine. I look forward to my yearly visit. He wrote a book, "Let's Talk about Sleep" which is my go to source for questions about sleep. I often first turn to his book when I have a quick question, then I turn to him for more advanced information. For established patients, he responds to email questions via the Portal. AND I particularly like telemedicine visits. It is easy to get an appointment and he is as wonderful on Zoom as he is in person.
Dr. Seth G. – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
Dr. Barone is not knowledgeable in the field of sleep medicine and he will condescend to you to make up for hi shortcomings. He will also get you in for tests and then pass you off to his nurse practitioner, Naomi Narielwala, who is not any better. Dr. Barone did not take my sleep deprivation and OSA seriously, even though I had over 50% apnea events during REM. Naomi Narielwala offered me sleeping pills, which would have most likely kept me from waking up for good. Please do not entrust your care to these people. Thankfully, I found a new doctor and I am getting the care that I need. This is the only time I was disappointed by care I received at Weill Cornell.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
I am so glad I contacted Dr Barone for sleeping difficulties. His warm personality coupled with his expertise put me at ease. He offered solid advice that worked and answered all my questions patiently. This is a professional whose experience helps people suffering from insomnia navigate out of that to better health. I highly recommend Dr. Barone.
Patient ik – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
If you like doctors who will BSing you and waste your time ceremoniously beating around the bush, then Dr. Barone is not the guy for you. Dr. Barone is one of the best doctors I have ever seen, and he will do whatever he can do help you. Narcolepsy was ruining my life (I was falling asleep at the wheel, struggling to stay awake during meetings), and very single doctor I saw before him always wrote it off as "depression" without even giving it a second thought (so much for their perfect bedside manner. Useless). As soon as I saw Dr. Barone and told him my symptoms, he immediate knew it was Narcolepsy. He sent me for a sleep study, and sure enough it was. Now that I am finally getting the correct treatment, my life has changed significantly for the better. I have gotten more done in the past year than I have in the past decade, and it is because Dr. Barone was willing to listen and get to the bottom of what was wrong. He's truly amazing. I seriously can't thank him enough.
Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
Totally unprofessional. Tells the patient he's not interested. Demonstrates ignorance in neurology and what he believes to be "neuropsychiatry." Refused to even ask around if another provider at the facility has experience in the sleep condition I'm having. Said he's not bothering to inquire and doesn't care. It was a joke: he said all he'll do is google "neuropsychiatry" even though not knowing what it refers to, and said to call the place that came up, admitting knowing nothing of the place or any doctor there or what the place offers. Turns out it's one doctor who does no work relevant to my condition. He didn't even read anything about the search result he got, he's that diligent and intellectually curious! You'll get more help using google yourself and reading the results to see if you found something relevant and helpful. First he said that there are lots of neurologists who can help then said that neurologists can't help. He said in closing he wasted his time. Shocking.
Emily – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
Saw Dr Barone twice: after my sleep study and 6 months later to check on my CPAP experience. Both times he seemed rushed, which made me uncomfortable the second time. The CPAP therapy had worked on addressing one issue but not the quality of life issue. Dr Barone made a recommendation but was unwilling to discuss and appeared upset that I would want to test the strength of his recommendation. Perhaps being a Medicare patient means to him that I should be sent away within 10 minutes; I am not accustomed to being treated this way.
Medicare Patient – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
A doctor is only as good as their office staff and if a doctor doesn’t care about how poorly their staff treats their patients they are not a good doctor. Horrible experience, rude staff, not up front about out of pocket costs, did not inform me of a cost increase on a routine test. Increase occurred less than a week after I was told over the phone how much I would have to pay. Reached out to Dr. Barone for assistance through the portal. Only response received, outside of short rude messages from the program coordinator with no real answers, was a message that he sent to me by mistake that was intended for the coordinator. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
He discovered my sleep Apnea and i finally feel rested. The place where the sleep study was conducted is beautiful and very clean. I never wait as he keeps to schedule. I like how he looks at the results and duscusses them with me.
SJL in NY – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
Dr. Barone is a top physician. He is old school in the sense that he really cares for his patients. Warm and genuinely interested in your welfare. Hard to fine such fine care these days. I am delighted to have him as my doctor. Highest possible recommendation!
Jeff Sherman in New York, NY – Sep 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
To put it simply, Dr Barone saved my life. I suffered with Restless Legs Syndrome for over 2 years before meeting this doctor and under his care I can confidently say that he has given me my life back. He is very thorough and kind and I can only hope that others that are suffering with RLS have the opportunity to see him. He saves lives.
Jorge Garcia in New York City, NY – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
Dr. Barone was very flippant, arrogant, unprofessional and unhelpful. Didn’t return phone calls or emails. I wouldn’t recommend going to him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?
had a great experience with dr. barone, he was able to help me stabilize my sleeping cycle, allowing me to be much more productive at work and manage stress.
Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barone, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barone?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Barone treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Barone's conditions and procedures:

• Essential Tremor
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Sleep Medicine Sonography
  • Sleep Study
  • Tension Headache

Dr. Barone accepts

Dr. Barone accepts the following insurance:

Affinity Health Plan
Cigna EPO
Cigna POS
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO
VNS Choice

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Daniel Barone received his medical degree from New York Medical College in 2006 after graduating summa cum laude from Fordham University...Read more

• Sleep Medicine