Dr. Daniel Barba, MD

Dr. Daniel Barba, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMaleAge 43

Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Daniel Barba, MD is an Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Escondido, CA and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine in 2007. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido and Palomar Medical Center Poway. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Arch Health Medical Group

Hidden Valley Surgical Med Group Inc.1955 Citracado Pkwy Ste 302 Escondido, CA 92029
New Patient?

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Spine Surgeons at Palomar Health

Dr. Barba's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Barba

Very easy to speak with. Recognizes your concerns
Jan 27, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barba, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Barba.
Dr Barba was very informative pre surgery and post surgery. He looked at my problem and only repaired what was necessary. I am very satisfied with the outcome of my surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking at a spinal surgery.
Willard Shatzer – Jan 26, 2023
Spine Surgery
Without Dr. Barba spine surgery a year ago I would be in a wheelchair now. I am 82 years shortly and spine surgery gave me a new life without pain. I was totally self-sufficient within a week. Physical therapy 3 times a week was VERY helpful. All appointments were on time, efficient and explained in detail with screen shot. Palomar Hospital, (beautiful) , Escondido, care excellent. If you are contemplating surgery, DONT wait. Why continue your misery without surgery if you can change within days. You are in great hands with Dr. Barba and his staff.
Elisabeth H. Crouch – Jan 13, 2023
Most comfortable.
From the beginning, we felt that Dr. Barba heard us, our fears, reservations, and concerns. Dr. Barba is very knowledgeable about the ways of creating patient-doctor confidence. This was very important to me and has proved to me that patience is best.
Peggy Puchrik – Nov 30, 2022
Surgery in 2017
I had back fusion with Dr. Barba in 2017. It took me a long time to recover from the surgery, but all along the way, Dr. Barba and his MA Joe were always so patient and understanding. Dr. Barba kept reassuring me that some people take a little longer to recover. I still have issues when I physically overdo it. My quality of life is so much better today than it was when I had my surgery. I can always recommend Dr. Barba, he is a kind gentleman with great surgical skills. I will forever be grateful to him for giving me my life back.
JH – Nov 26, 2022
Great Doctor
Dr. Barba and his staff are so kind and listen to the patients problems. I was calling almost every day for months because I had so much pain in my right leg. I could hardly walk. After the surgery the pain was gone. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor and better results.
Kathryn – Nov 26, 2022
Knows what he is doing
If you want a doctor that will explain your procedure in detail to make sure you understand, Dr Barba is a great choice. Would definitely recommend if you need any type of spine surgery.
Nov 24, 2022
L5-S1 degenerative disk disease with radiculopathy
Dr. Barba performed a L5-S1 anterior lumbar inter body fusion. Dr. Barba is very good at what he does. He is very professional, knowledgeable, friendly, trustworthy, caring and hardworking. I highly recommend Dr. Barba for any Spine issues or Spine Surgery.
C Bone – Nov 16, 2022
Fusion surgery
He is an excellent surgeon, his staff could use some help.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nov 12, 2022
Great team!
I always get wonderful care from Dr. Barba and his staff. He is a great surgeon and has given me a new lease on life.
Nov 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barba, MD?
Enough with Sciatic Nerve Pain.
In 2021, I started seeing Dr. Barba for a herniated disc at L5 S1. My visit’s went well because he actually listened as I spoke about my symptoms of sciatic nerve pain from my back down to my left foot. Dr. Barba explained in full detail the cause of my pain and what would happen overtime with my herniated disc. I really liked that he was patient and took all conservative steps before recommending surgery. Dr. Barba later performed my surgery and it went well. I am walking better and doing great in Physical Therapy. Thank you Dr. Barba
Caroline Kelly – Oct 19, 2022
My experience with Dr. Barba
My first appointment with Dr. Barba was in June 2021. He explained the only way to correct my situation was surgery. I was terrified, but very optimistic after he explained the procedure in language I could understand. Surgery was October 1, 2021 and one year later I am 100% back to normal life with no pain. Dr. Barba is a very caring, no nonsense, and an amazing doctor that I would recommend to anyone who is suffering with back pain and issues!
Oct 14, 2022
Excellent! Brilliant Clinician; Caring Human Being
Dr. Barba performed spine surgery on me in July 2021. He is a brilliant clinician and a caring human being. My surgery was a success, and I always felt as if he were listening to me and was interested in my health and well-being. The entire process—from my first appointment to pre-op preparation to the actual surgery to post-op care—was top notch. His office is run like a well-oiled machine, with all of the staff members organized and on the ball. Every contact I had with the office was positive, with every staff member always available to answer questions and address my concerns with care and consideration for me. I highly recommend Dr. Barba. Many thanks to him and his staff. Great job!
Mark – Oct 09, 2022
Excellent! Brilliant Clinician; Caring Human Being
Mark – Oct 08, 2022
A Doc I Trust!
Started seeing Dr. Barba about a year ago for serious back issues, he performed proper evaluation, provided the solutions, worked on the eliminating the problem and finally we had the surgery and have addressed the pain. Straight forward, honest talking, appreciate the integrity!
Lou W – Sep 29, 2022
all good
Dennis Macdonald – Sep 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barba, MD?
I trust him completely. He is extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Mindy Kane – Sep 16, 2022
Dr.Barba is the best!!!
I recently had spinal fusion surgery on my L4/L5. Dr. Barba provided me with the best care. He gave me a multitude of information and left the decision for surgery completely up to me. I'm so glad I chose surgery and that I chose Dr. Barba to perform it. My surgery was a great success. I had struggled with constant chronic pain for years and now I am virtually pain free, so much so that I rarely have to take any pain meds, even then it's nothing more than acetaminophen. I am so grateful to Dr. Barba for giving me a new pain free lease on life. Dr. Barba is an amazing surgeon as well as an amazing person. Thank you again Dr. Barba you're awesome.
Jeanine – Sep 02, 2022
I would highly recommend Dr. Barba for spine surge
Dr. Barba and his staff are very professional and treat their patients with kindness. They are excellent at explaining the patient’s condition and what is needed to solve the problem.
Aug 23, 2022
Excellent outcome
In May 2021 I went to Dr Barba with severe pain in my lower back. I could barely walk. x-rays revealed that I had a herniated disc between my L4 and L5 that was compressing on my sciatic nerve. We tried cortisone and epidural injections. This is when the doctor and I decided that surgery would be my best step forward. We did my surgery on July 1st 2021. And by October 21st I was back to work with some slight limitations. I just had my yearly and everything is healing fine and I have not been experiencing any of the pain or discomfort that I had before surgery. My surgery has made a huge difference and has given me my quality of life back. It took a bit of effort and physical therapy but I am feeling wonderful and I am ecstatic about the results of my surgery. Everyone in the office we're wonderful. From the receptionist to the nurses to the X-ray technicians. Everyone was amazing and did all that they could to help me recover as quickly as possible. I am so grateful and so thankful.
Barbara Basinger – Aug 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Barba, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barba?