Dr. Dane Hansen, DO

Dr. Dane Hansen, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Dane Hansen, DO is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Saint Paul, MN and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from Des Moines Univ Coll Of Osteo Med & Surg in 2010 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

280 Smith Ave N Ste 500

Saint Paul, MN 55102

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Learn about Dr. Hansen

See how frequently Dr. Hansen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
high
Knee Sprain
high
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Hansen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hansen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hansen "Dr. Dane Hansen may have left Minnesota to pursue his medical studies and fellowship in hip and knee arthritis and joint replacement, but he'll be the first to tell you that the Twin Cities are home. "I grew up playing sports here in Roseville, and played baseball while attending college at Bethel," he smiles. "My wife grew up in Mahtomedi, and we are delighted to be back in Minnesota. I think that my straightforward approach to medicine reflects my personality. I take the time to educate my patients about their condition, so we can identify treatment options and decide together what needs to be done, and how I can help them through the process." Dr. Hansen's practice is focused on hip and knee arthritis and joint replacement for patients ranging in age from teenagers to active grandparents. "When I started my training, I thought I would go into sports medicine," he remembers. "But as a resident, I had a rotation in joint replacement that opened my eyes and broke down my own stereotype about arthritis as an old-age disease. In my residency, I saw how arthritis can affect active people in their 30s and 40s. I treated marathon runners, downhill skiers, and other dedicated athletes. This was not the patient population I expected to see with arthritis—and that piqued my interest." The challenge of treating arthritic conditions led Dr. Hansen to a fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction, where he learned minimally invasive surgical techniques to limit tissue and joint trauma, and gained extensive experience treating complex cases. "My fellowship was a great experience," he explains. "To give people the best care, you want to offer a depth of expertise. My goal is always to treat patients conservatively with medication and other therapies before considering surgery. Some people can function adequately with arthritis for decades, and may not ever need surgery. For others, if they can't ride their bike 50 miles a week, they want to know about surgical options that will help them stay on their bike. My job is to help patients understand all of their options so they can make choices that will get them back to the life they love." Education is at the center of Dr. Hansen's approach to patient care. "Patients are intelligent and want to make their own decisions," he says. "They want to find the doctor who will do the best job at making them feel comfortable. My job is not to convince people that they need surgery. My job is to educate my patients about their condition, so they understand what arthritis is, what the prognosis is, and what their options are. "It all comes down to quality of life. Everyone has different lifestyle goals. No matter how old or young we are, all of us have something we are passionate about. Getting my patients to the point where they can do the things they love? That is what's rewarding for me.""

This content was provided by Dr. Hansen "Arthritis patients have high expectations for their activity level. With advanced training in minimally invasive surgical techniques and quick-recovery joint replacement, I strive to help my patients return to their fully active lifestyle as quickly as possible."

Dr. Hansen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pyogenic Arthritis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Des Moines Univ Coll Of Osteo Med & Surg
    Medical School | Graduated 2010

Dr. Hansen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hansen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hansen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hansen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hansen's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hansen to family and friends