Dr. Dana Wiley, MD

Dr. Dana Wiley, MD

Psychiatry  |
Male
Dr. Dana Wiley, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Piedmont, SC. He has been practicing for 31 years.

102 Commons Blvd Ste C

Piedmont, SC 29673

Learn about Dr. Wiley

See how frequently Dr. Wiley performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Major Depressive Disorder
ADHD and-or ADD
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Wiley's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wiley "Psychiatry should be about talking to patients and not just prescribing medication"

• Psychiatry

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Wayne State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Wayne State University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Detroit Psychiatric Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Wiley has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wiley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wiley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wiley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wiley to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Wiley's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Anderson, SC |
Very pleased with the care. I've seen the staff handle some difficult people and still be professional. They gave me samples until I could get my insurance to pay for my pills. They take time to explain things which is important to me
in Starr, SC |
I've been a patient of Dr wileys,for more than 10 years. I have seen a large rotation of office managers and staff changed Through The Years. I'll have been helpful except for that nurse in Easley or Central. But now I see Jessica Waters PA c a psychiatrist assistant and she certified . Her and dr. Wily work together on my diagnosis is to help medicate me and make me functional again. I am now working in society as everyone else Yes. And I have not done that in five years. I highly recommend!!
Practitioners are great but staff is subpar. Policies in place lead to poor treatment of patients.
Norwood, NC |
Charges $30 for prior authorization. $50 fee for missed appointments and will NOT allow patients to jer or make new appointments if there is ANY kind of balance owed. Treats patients like cattle. No sense of empathy or compassion for patients.
Charleston, SC |
HORRIBLE STAFF!!
Anderson, SC |
Very good doctors there. The staff is nice and they listen to your needs.
Simpsonville, SC |
Basically told Dr. Wiley, would no longer handle my illness, as I was too much work!? Office manager/nurse, is either trying to jeopardize patients health, or Dr. Wiley's practice. I, on two seperate occasions, left a message for nurse/office manager to call me regarding prescriptions and my insurance company. Neither phone call was returned. When confronting her, she said I was "out of control", and she was busy managing three offices!? Extremely, uncaring human being! Horrible experience
Anderson, SC |
I was referred to see a psychologist (Dr. Lockard) in the office and after a few visits she thought I might need to see Dr. Wiley. He took his time to discuss my issues and didn't make me feel like my only option was to take medication. I did start on some medication and have felt much better. I like that Dr. Lockard works in the same office so if there is an issue they can discuss it and give me recommendations. Very pleased with my progress and the people who work there.
Seneca, SC |
When I went to the office the staff told me they had been very busy because some other psychiatrists closed shop and they were getting a lot of new patients. When I go to my visits the people in the waiting room always say good things about how nice the doctors and staff are. I'm glad he actually takes the time to listen to his patients and explains what he is doing.
in Anderso,South Carolina |
I was referred to Dr. Wiley by another physician. I called the office and got an appointment. The wait was a little long, I didn't mind because when I got to see Dr. Wiley, I didn't feel rushed. I was able to ask a lot of question and he took the time to answer all of them. He put me on the right medications and I am glad I was referred to him. I felt like he cared about his patients.
in Greenville, SC |
started with a pa thinking he was a psychologist and found out after 23visits then saw dr Wiley once and he told me he would be seeing me from now on, had a scheduled appointment, waited for around 1 1/2 hours and the the office manager came to the window and tol me dr wiley can not see me today. he could have told me himself but sent the office manage out instead. this office does not care abour patience only about there money. been to his office 5 times and seems like theres problems everytime
Seneca, SC |
My doctors office closed and I was referred here. Dr. Wiley took time to discuss my treatment and the main thing I liked is that he didn't change all of my meds around. The staff is very friendly. Sometimes it is hard to get through but they always return my calls. I feel like they care about the patients.
Anderson, SC |
Spent about 15 min with him for initial visit, got prescriptions, appt 3 mos out. Saw the nurse practitioner 2nd visit after 30 min wait. It was just ok. The waiting room was uncomfortable bc felt like we were just cattle, that it was kinda sleezy. The Dr was ok, the nurse was ok, but nothing special and certainly nothing I plan on going back for.
in Simpsonville, SC |
Re-located to SC,we had not been able to find a doctor who seemed to care about us as we are on disability. Friend did not recommend any helpful doctor that was empathetic to our physical, emotional or financial situation. We were frustrated & tired, then we found Dr. Wiley! He truly is a professional, caring & empathetic doctor. We will not see anyone else. He is exceptionally helpful & has recommended drs to help our needs.We couldn't have done iThank you Dr. Wiley & staff you're the best!
Have you seen Dr. Dana Wiley, MD?
Are you Dr. Wiley?