Dr. Dana Weinkle, MD

• Medico
  • MVP Health Care
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Weinkle

Dr. Weinkle and his staff are dedicated to providing the best care to all patients. They are committed to the best technology in vision correction to provide patients with improved eyesight and quality care.

Personal Bio

A native Floridian, I grew up in Coral Gables. I was introduced to the great outdoors at an early age, while fishing in the Everglades and the Gulf Stream and exploring Biscayne Bay. Many summers were spent at Sleep-Away camp in the mountains of North Carolina. After attending Coral Gables High School, I entered Princeton University and graduated in 1976 with a BSE in Chemical Engineering. After completing medical school at Harvard in 1980, I moved to San Francisco for a one-year internship. I then finished a three-year residency in Ophthalmology at Stanford University in 1984.

Dr. Weinkle's Experience

Dr. Weinkle's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Harvard Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Mount Zion M C University Ca
  • Stanford University Hospital

Dr. Weinkle has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weinkle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weinkle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Weinkle's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weinkle to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Weinkle's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
The entire staff was professional yet warm and caring. I was very nervous even though I had heard this cataract surgery was so easy and quick. Well Dr. Winkle and his staff made every effort to see that I was taken of completely and with great care. I would most certainly recommend Dr. Winkle to anyone needing eye surgery. Thank you Dr. Winkle and to your staff for your kindness and your great job I am very pleased!
in North Port, FL |
After my exam today by Dr. Wenkle, I went to the receptionist who advised me of a $40 charge for a Refraction, an assessment to determine whether you need a new prescription and glasses. First, I was never told there would be a $40 charge, and never ask I wanted to pay for this part of the exam. I told the receptionist that it is the doctor's office that is responsible to advise patients of all applicable charges. Dr. Weinke never mentioned that I needed new glasses. Why not!!
in Sarasota, FL |
He is personable, very clear on description of surgery, IOL and expectations after with the new lenses. Office and surgical staff were very friendly and professional. Overall it was an excellent experience; it was what I had hoped for and expected.
in Bradenton, FL |
I had a great experience. Dr. Weinkle was very professional. His nurses and staff were very nice. I haven't needed any glasses since my operation. Fantastic results!
University Park, FL |
Dr. Weinkle has the ability to put you at ease. He explains everything and takes time to be sure you understand. He is very particular and thorough with his testing. He is an excellent surgeon with a caring manner. His staff and office personnel are all friendly, upbeat and well trained. I would recommend him to anyone in the Sarasota area who is looking for a very capable ophthalmologist.
in Bradenton, Fl |
Dr. Weikle isn't very knowledgeable, thorrow, and compassionate surgeon. I was referred to him by a very dear friend. I am so pleased ANS have already referred several friends. To his office which wil.l be making appointments in the near future. I have even told several people I when I was out shopping how excellent a Surgeon he is. VERY PLEASED.
in Longboat Key, FL |
Although I knew cataract surgery was very common, I was nervous since years ago I had Lasik surgery in addition to having an astigmatism. Dr Weinkle?s knowledge, experience and reassurance always put me at ease. His surgical expertise is top notch and my restored vision feels like a miracle. Also, the staff at his Sarasota office and surgical center were very attentive and knowledgeable.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Weinkle is very knowledgeable and experienced.
in Bradenton, Florida |
From my first interaction with Dr Weinkle, I knew I made the right choice to entrust him with one of my most valuable possessions, my eyes ! Dr Weinkle went to great lengths to explain all options available for my eyes .He explained exactly what to expect before, during and after surgery...the next morning I felt a miracle had happened! Clear vision in a colorful world! HIGHLY recommend Dr Weinkle, he's the expert you want! Dr Weinkle cares about this patients! His patients care right back !
in Venice, FL |
Extremely knowledgeable & professional!
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Weinkle did my cataract surgery. I have lazy eye, astigmatism and mono vision - have worn mono vision contacts for 30 or 35 years - had bifocals in grade school. However, with all those problems, Dr, Weinkle said with confidence, We can fix you up! ... and he did! I can read and drive with no glasses - it is wonderful. He is a very caring, talented surgeon. He also did my husband's cataract surgery. We recommend Dr Weinkle to our friends.
in Sarasota, FL |
I presented to Dr. Weinkle with complex opthalmic issues which he addressed with the utmost care and professionalism. He is a incredibly competent practitioner who far exceeded my expectations with an excellent surgical result. In addition, his office staff is efficient, kind and courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Weinkle without hesitation.
Have you seen Dr. Dana Weinkle, MD?

Visit Dr. Weinkle