Dr. Dana J. Weinkle, MD

Dr. Dana J. Weinkle, MD

31 reviews

Ophthalmology | Male

A native Floridian, I grew up in Coral Gables. I was introduced to the great outdoors at an early age, while fishing in the Everglades and the Gulf Stream and exploring Biscayne Bay. Many summers were spent at Sleep-Away camp in the mountains of North Carolina. After attending Coral Gables High School, I entered Princeton University and graduated in 1976 with a BSE in Chemical Engineering. After completing medical school at Harvard in 1980, I moved to San Francisco for a one-year internship. I then finished a three-year residency in Ophthalmology at Stanford University in 1984.Read more

Palm Coast Eye Center PA

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Weinkle and his staff are dedicated to providing the best care to all patients. They are committed to the best technology in vision correction to provide patients with improved eyesight and quality care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Weinkle's Experience

See how Dr. Weinkle's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Weinkle

Dr. Weinkle accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Weinkle has admitting privileges.

Dr. Weinkle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weinkle to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Weinkle
Dr. Weinkle's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in North Port, FL |
After my exam today by Dr. Wenkle, I went to the receptionist who advised me of a $40 charge for a Refraction, an assessment to determine whether you need a new prescription and glasses. First, I was never told there would be a $40 charge, and never ask I wanted to pay for this part of the exam. I told the receptionist that it is the doctor's office that is responsible to advise patients of all applicable charges. Dr. Weinke never mentioned that I needed new glasses. Why not!!
in Sarasota, FL |
He is personable, very clear on description of surgery, IOL and expectations after with the new lenses. Office and surgical staff were very friendly and professional. Overall it was an excellent experience; it was what I had hoped for and expected.
in Bradenton, FL |
I had a great experience. Dr. Weinkle was very professional. His nurses and staff were very nice. I haven't needed any glasses since my operation. Fantastic results!
University Park, FL |
Dr. Weinkle has the ability to put you at ease. He explains everything and takes time to be sure you understand. He is very particular and thorough with his testing. He is an excellent surgeon with a caring manner. His staff and office personnel are all friendly, upbeat and well trained. I would recommend him to anyone in the Sarasota area who is looking for a very capable ophthalmologist.
in Bradenton, Fl |
Dr. Weikle isn't very knowledgeable, thorrow, and compassionate surgeon. I was referred to him by a very dear friend. I am so pleased ANS have already referred several friends. To his office which wil.l be making appointments in the near future. I have even told several people I when I was out shopping how excellent a Surgeon he is. VERY PLEASED.
in Longboat Key, FL |
Although I knew cataract surgery was very common, I was nervous since years ago I had Lasik surgery in addition to having an astigmatism. Dr Weinkle?s knowledge, experience and reassurance always put me at ease. His surgical expertise is top notch and my restored vision feels like a miracle. Also, the staff at his Sarasota office and surgical center were very attentive and knowledgeable.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Weinkle is very knowledgeable and experienced.
in Bradenton, Florida |
From my first interaction with Dr Weinkle, I knew I made the right choice to entrust him with one of my most valuable possessions, my eyes ! Dr Weinkle went to great lengths to explain all options available for my eyes .He explained exactly what to expect before, during and after surgery...the next morning I felt a miracle had happened! Clear vision in a colorful world! HIGHLY recommend Dr Weinkle, he's the expert you want! Dr Weinkle cares about this patients! His patients care right back !
in Venice, FL |
Extremely knowledgeable & professional!
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Weinkle did my cataract surgery. I have lazy eye, astigmatism and mono vision - have worn mono vision contacts for 30 or 35 years - had bifocals in grade school. However, with all those problems, Dr, Weinkle said with confidence, We can fix you up! ... and he did! I can read and drive with no glasses - it is wonderful. He is a very caring, talented surgeon. He also did my husband's cataract surgery. We recommend Dr Weinkle to our friends.
in Sarasota, FL |
I presented to Dr. Weinkle with complex opthalmic issues which he addressed with the utmost care and professionalism. He is a incredibly competent practitioner who far exceeded my expectations with an excellent surgical result. In addition, his office staff is efficient, kind and courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Weinkle without hesitation.
Have you seen Dr. Dana J. Weinkle, MD?

Dr. Weinkle says...

Dr. Weinkle's Care Philosophy

Dr. Weinkle's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Weinkle has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Weinkle's Board Certifications

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

HARVARD MED SCH

Graduated in 1980

Mount Zion M C University Ca
    Stanford University Hospital

Dr. Weinkle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weinkle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology