Dr. Dana Sands, MD

Colorectal Surgery •  Female • Age 49

Dr. Sands

2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd Weston, FL 33331

Dr. Dana Sands, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Weston, FL and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sands has more experience with Colorectal Surgery and Transplant Surgery than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Hahnemann University medical school in 1996. She is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Florida. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sands to book an appointment.

Compare with other Colorectal Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Sands with our nearby Colorectal Surgery Specialists at Plantation General Hospital.

Make an appointment at Plantation General Hospital today at (954) 228-6028.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Plantation General Hospital.

Dr. Sands' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sands

4.4

Dr. Sands?
When you need the best. you should found her !!
Ada DeLeon – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
I have been a patient since july,last yr.having tests,Mri,flex sigmoid x3. Dr Sands took the timeexplaining my procedures,the risks,and gave me my options for surgery,Ichose with her expertise,in TAMIS,she highly recommended thisthe surgery was successful,with a excellent clinical-surgical outcome.and nov 7 had my last flex sig,no mass good news,a f/u in feb 20/20.Her compassion to all her pt's and to me,her patientance,calmness,very trustworthy,she handels and deals with her pt'sin a caring way,knowlegable,and ispersonable dedicated professtional,and goes beyond her call of duty,a one of a kind human being, My life was saved,cleveland clinic weston hospital,is worldclass and nationaly ranked #1foe Colorectal,Gi Surgery,Gastroenterology.I came here,because this procedure surgery was only done in Weston,a hr away north where I live. I am very thankful,gratful to my Drwho is gifted,talented,and the best of the best in the world. I highly recommend this superior Dr.a real Hero. RE.wpb
R.E West Palm Bchi – Nov 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
Dr. Sands was part of a team that operated on me at Cleveland Clinic. She was in charge of my discharge. She didn't ask me what pain medicines worked for me and wrote a script to one that makes me nauseous, thus when I arrived home I had no pair medications that I could take and was in great distress. All she had to have done was ask me about what pain medications I did well on. This oversight caused me great pain and distress and was totally unnecessary. Guess she couldn't have been bothered.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
Dr Sands is an incredible surgeon and women with angel wings attached to her surgical hands. Having had surgery 2x with Dr Sands, I felt confident in her professional care and trusted her with really no doubts or concerns that I'd be in the best hands. She addressed any questions and explained any recommendations with calm and patients. I'm grateful to have her as a healthcare advocate and believe she really looks out for my best interest when discussing my healthcare and related options. TY TY
Jill in lake worth – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
NEVER BEEN WAITING FOR WEEKS FOR TEST RESULTS.. EVERY TIME I CALL CAN NEVER GET A ANSWER
MARIAH – Dec 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
Dr. Sands is not just a gifted surgeon but is extraordinarily compassionate with her patients.
Georgy in Miami, FL – Jul 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
Dr. Sands and her team were amazing. She took the time to really walk through the procedure with me and the office was always very caring and responsive with all of my post-op questions. I generally have a lot of anxiety with doctors and she made me feel at ease.
Shannon in Delray Beach, FL – Jul 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
Dr. Sands turned an unpleasant medical situation into a much appreciated experience. The entire experience was handled by a wonderful staff and facility. I cannot begin to express my appreciation for Cleveland Clinic and all of the personnel working there. They convinced me that everyone involved truly cared. Thank you.
Wayne L Edwards in Sunrise, FL – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?
It was my first time seeing Dr. Sands. I thought she was extremely knowledgeable. I had to travel an hour to see her, and it was well worth it. Although the body part that needed diagnosis made me feel very anxious about seeing a doctor, the visit with Dr. Sands couldn't have been any better. In the end she made me feel like it was no big deal. Just love her! I will highly recommend her to my family and friends.
Beth in Boynton Beach, FL – Jul 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Sands, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sands?

As an academic medical center, Cleveland Clinic Florida provides world class care. Our mission is to provide better care of the sick, investigation of their problems, and further education of those who serve. We strive to provide Best-in-Class patient experiences and superior clinical outcomes.

• Colorectal Surgery