Dr. Dana Saltzman, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Dr. Dana Saltzman, MD
Dr. Dana Saltzman, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Saltzman is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center .

Dr. Saltzman's Care Philosophy

Finding a primary care doctor who listens and understands your issues is no small feat in NYC. It is difficult to try a new physician; you never know if the chemistry is going to be right. The ordeal of taking time from work, going through a tedious registration process only to meet with a physician who you can't talk to, interrupts you, only to have a prescription pushed into your hand before you are shown the door. When you come to Midtown Health and Wellness, you will be greeted by friendly, well-trained staff. Our waiting area has a waterfall and soothing sounds so you can use your time here to take a much needed break from the stress of the city. Registration is completed on an electronic pad. We make the process fast and easy so that there are no long waits.

Dr. Saltzman's Experience

See how Dr. Saltzman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Saltzman

Dr. Saltzman accepts 39 insurance carriers

Dr. Saltzman is now accepting new patients
    Dana Jane Saltzman MD LAc33 W 46th St Fl 5
    New York, NY 10036
    Evening
    (212) 586-7830Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Saltzman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Saltzman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Saltzman to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Saltzman's Performance
    in Bronx, NY |
    Very possibly the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. Never able to remember a thing about me, tries to treat me pharmaceutically for conditions that are secondary to the disease I will be having surgery for AND THE SURGERY MAKES PHARMACEUTICAL TREATMENT A MOOT POINT AS IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT SURGERY RESOLVES THE SECONDARY AILMENTS. This is something I was easily able to understand by reading current research... but ditzy Dana decided to try to act like these were all separate illnesses...
    New York, NY |
    I've been looking for PCP since i moved to nyc and haven't had much luck. Dr. Saltzman was a great find and she's right near my office in midtown. It's so great that i can drop by on my lunch break or after work - she stays late!
    Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. S rocks! great bedside manner, friendly and helpful staff, great space. She spends time with me to hear me out. Also great for well-woman visits, she does it all!
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. S is awesome! I'm so lucky to have found her - a really special doc right in midtown. The office is so nice, staff is great and of course the doctor is very attentive and really spends time with you. I go every week for accupuncture from dr. s and it's changed my life - no more back pain!
    in new york, ny |
    This is a one stop shop and I highly recommend dr. saltzman to anyone looking for a primary care doc who goes above and beyond! Her office staff is friendly and organized and the doc takes her time with you and isn't alarmist about my health, rather she is very calm and listens. She also does acupuncture and that has helped so much with pain and stress.
    New York, NY |
    The best and most caring doctor around
    in New York, NY |
    The office is beautifully kept and has a relaxing waterfall in the waiting area. The staff is friendly and professionally. They answered all my questions with exceptional concern. Dr. Saltzman is a breath of fresh air-- personable and concerned. She does not just grab her prescription pad to get you out of the office but gets to the core of issues. She treats holistically and incorporates alternative medicine ie acupuncture, herbs and homeopathy into her practice.
    in New York, NY |
    The Santos family is greatly indebted to her and her wonderful care. I wouldn't see any other doctor as none could ever compare.
    in New York |
    This is a top notch office with professional staff whether it's admin or medical assistants. The doctor is superlative. No joke. I came in with a complex problem and it turned out that I had been given bad no wrong! advice by too prior physicians. I'm back on track now thanks to Dr. S!
    in New York, NY |
    The entry of the acupuncture needles was a little discomforting at first but once they were in and I relaxed, I felt my consciousness slowly dissipating away. I actually became so comfortable that I fell asleep and when I awoke at the end of my session I felt a lot happier and refreshed almost. Like right now as I am writing this review have a happier demeanor from the time I enter Dr. Saltzman's office. I believe I would like to have it done again at some point especially if my stress and anxie
    in Manhattan |
    I've been going to Dr. Saltzman for several months and knew right away that she actually cares about her patients' health and well being. Her practice has number of services and she is very good about accommodating people with busy schedules like myself. I primarily participate in drug counseling and the suboxone treatment program. Suboxone treatment is not something that many doctors have much experience or expertise with or do very well, but she really knows what she's doing.
    in New York, NY |
    The most amazing staff. The doctor was so helpful and genuinely cares. I'm absolutely blessed to have her as my doctor. since ive been to her my life has changed. i suffer from severe back pain. I was in a horrible accident where i broke 3 vertebra and since i started treatment ive felt 1000% better. The counseling with Gary is second to none. I go to her office and im treated with respect and i feel this overwhelming sense that the staff genuinely care. i recommend her and this office to any pe
    in New York, NY |
    This office is a breath of fresh air. The staff are genuinely helpful and concerned. The doctor is first rate, she tells it like it is. I appreciate getting the real story on my health and she explained what I needed to do and why. The front desk was great about my complicated insurance situation and explained my benefits to me in detail. It is located near Rockefeller center and I can be back at my desk within an hour!
    in Greenwich, CT |
    My daughter has heart failure, wears a lifevest 24-7 as she is at risk for sudden death. Dr. Saltzman (Dr. S) recommended/performed acupuncture on my daughter. Acupuncture does not resolve her heart issues; it helps support and strengthen the organs that support the heart. Her treatment has made a difference not only in her physical but also in her mental and emotional well being. Dr. S also prescribed ferrofood pills which have helped her as well. THANK you Dr. S. for all you have done!
    Have you seen Dr. Dana Saltzman, MD?
    Are you Dr. Saltzman?

Dr. Saltzman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Saltzman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Asthma

Hunter College City University Of New York
    • Other Education
      Acupuncture New York Medical College

Completed in 2000

Dr. Saltzman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Saltzman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Acupuncture