Dr. Dana Correale, MD

Practices Dermatology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 2.5 after 43 reviews.
Author:
Avoid this practice at all costs! I had a ruptured cyst that Dr. Correale removed through a small incision. My co-pay for the surgical procedure was $150.00. I went back to Dr. Correale for a wound check about 1 month later because the area was not healing properly. She told me that she may have missed a few pieces of the cyst and that, if the area was not completely healed, to come back so she could make another incision to clean out the remainder. Dr. Correale charged me for the wound check visit - another $40.00 co-pay - bringing the total for this cyst up to $190.00. The office refuses to waive the $40.00 co-pay and told me that Dr. Correale wrote in her report that the wound was healing properly. This is not what she told me in the office. If Dr. Correale had done her job correctly the first time I would not have a horrible scar and would not have to have another surgical procedure done to correct her mistake. This second surgical procedure is going to cost me another $15
Author:
I was able to get an appointment within 3 weeks of my call which I found reasonable. I came in at lunch time and there were a few other people in line ahead of me but I was checked in and into an exam room within 5 minutes. Dr Correale entered less than 5 minutes later, examined the growth, and removed it in under 10 minutes. I am very happy with the care I received and would certainly come back.
Author:
Wish I read the reviews of Dr. Correale before wasting my time and money seeking her so called professional advice. Like so many other reviewers, I found her to be both abrasive and condescending. What's more, she spent all of 30 seconds looking at my skin before misdiagnosing me (the rash she declared acne cleared up a day after I saw her) and prescribing a medication with severe side effects. Yeah, she's basically everything you don't want in a doctor: incompetent and rude.
Author:
Had my first visit. Dr Correale was very pleasant, caring and informative. Courteous staff. Had an appointment in less than a week. Very short waiting time.
Author:
I have been to Dr. Correale several times, most recently to have her check a lesion that I thought had changed. I found her very warm, friendly, and easy to talk to. She clearly explained what the lesion was and that it was not serious. I would most definitely recommend her to others who are seeking a good dermatologist.
Author:
While I was highly appreciative of the office scheduling an appointment for me in one day, unfortunately, echoing the sentiments of the other reviewers here, I found Dr. Correale to be dismissive of my concerns. She spent about 3mins with me--that's including her cursory glance over my problematic areas & then offered her assessment to the medical assistant to input into her notes. My visit felt rushed. This is my 2nd time visiting this practice & I will not be returning.
Author:
Needed an appointment for an allergic reaction, and I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Correale. I was a bit scared after seeing some reviews here, but I had a great experience! She has a very "matter-of-fact" personality (some said she was rude - I disagree), but she listened well, gave me a clear opinion and plan, and was polite and friendly. I was out of the office within 50 minutes; 50% of that was spent in the waiting room completing necessary paperwork. I would recommend her!
Author:
beyond disappointed with my experience with Dr. Correale. She lacks compassion and comes off extremely harsh and cold. when asking questions she comes off condescending and made me feel foolish to even consider other alternatives. she was quick to tell me that ALL of my other moles were okay, when she had only looked at one part of my stomach and back--pretty bold statement. she actually made me not want to seek help in the future.. some doctor. HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU SEEK OTHER DOCTORS.
Author:
I am switching to another practice because this office is impossible. I called in February for a routine skin cancer screening and was told I could not be seen until the summer. I had another issue that was hardly an emergency, but the first appointment was a month from now. Every time I go there, I am there 1.5-2 hours although only 10 minutes of that is with the doctor. I never found the doctor to be condescending or rude as others have described here, but it is very rushed and unpleasant.
Author:
Waited 3 months for an appointment that was supposed to be with Dr. Bevilacqua. No explanation as to why I ended up with Correale. Appt was very rushed. Dismissive, condescending, not clear with instructions. Never called in my rx. Called twice to clarify the instructions and still don't have an answer and they don't plan on getting me one. Will not be going back.
Author:
Dr Correale is extremely rude and speaks to you as if you are a child. I felt my appointment with her in her mind was a waste of her time.
Author:
I have been to Dr. Correale 3 times and each time has been unpleasant. At my most recent appointment, I showed up at 10:20 for a 10:30 appointment. The secretaries were wonderful and helpful, but I waited 25 minutes to be brought into the room, and another 25 for the doctor. My appointment lasted less than 3 minutes, and Dr. Correale was very abrasive and unkind, telling me my acne wasn't that bad and there wasn't anything else she would do but give me dangerous meds. Would not recommend.
Author:
Being in the medical field, I tend to be very lienant with care. I overlook some behaviors and understand how stressful and difficult seeing patients can be. Dr Correale did not seem to be interested in my concerns or my care. She spoke in a condescending tone and dismissed my questions. I thought maybe my first experience was the result of a tough day but I stuck with her for 5 visits hoping the treatment would work or her attitude would improve. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
Author:
The staff was okay. The doctor was cold, rushed, and I felt did not ask any questions or show any interest. I felt if I asked any questions she would look down on me. I will not be back. Waste of gas for 5 min session where nothing was done and will probably get a thousand dollar bill.
Author:
Dr. Correlate is compassionate, calming and spends an appropriate amount of time with me taking care of my dermatological issues. She is a perfect fit for me as a physician.