Dr. Dana Correale, MD

Dermatology ·  Female · Age 44

Dr. Correale

Paula M Bevilacqua MD

677 S Main St Ste 3 Cheshire, CT 06410

Dr. Dana Correale, MD is a dermatologist in Cheshire, CT and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from Thomas Jefferson U, Medical College in 2003 and specializes in dermatology.

Dr. Correale's Reviews

48.83720930232558%

Dr. Correale?
Dr. Correale's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dana Correale, MD
Avoid this practice at all costs! I had a ruptured cyst that Dr. Correale removed through a small incision. My co-pay for the surgical procedure was $150.00. I went back to Dr. Correale for a wound check about 1 month later because the area was not healing properly. She told me that she may have missed a few pieces of the cyst and that, if the area was not completely healed, to come back so she could make another incision to clean out the remainder. Dr. Correale charged me for the wound check visit - another $40.00 co-pay - bringing the total for this cyst up to $190.00. The office refuses to waive the $40.00 co-pay and told me that Dr. Correale wrote in her report that the wound was healing properly. This is not what she told me in the office. If Dr. Correale had done her job correctly the first time I would not have a horrible scar and would not have to have another surgical procedure done to correct her mistake. This second surgical procedure is going to cost me another $15
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
I was able to get an appointment within 3 weeks of my call which I found reasonable. I came in at lunch time and there were a few other people in line ahead of me but I was checked in and into an exam room within 5 minutes. Dr Correale entered less than 5 minutes later, examined the growth, and removed it in under 10 minutes. I am very happy with the care I received and would certainly come back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
Wish I read the reviews of Dr. Correale before wasting my time and money seeking her so called professional advice. Like so many other reviewers, I found her to be both abrasive and condescending. What's more, she spent all of 30 seconds looking at my skin before misdiagnosing me (the rash she declared acne cleared up a day after I saw her) and prescribing a medication with severe side effects. Yeah, she's basically everything you don't want in a doctor: incompetent and rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
Had my first visit. Dr Correale was very pleasant, caring and informative. Courteous staff. Had an appointment in less than a week. Very short waiting time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
I have been to Dr. Correale several times, most recently to have her check a lesion that I thought had changed. I found her very warm, friendly, and easy to talk to. She clearly explained what the lesion was and that it was not serious. I would most definitely recommend her to others who are seeking a good dermatologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
While I was highly appreciative of the office scheduling an appointment for me in one day, unfortunately, echoing the sentiments of the other reviewers here, I found Dr. Correale to be dismissive of my concerns. She spent about 3mins with me--that's including her cursory glance over my problematic areas & then offered her assessment to the medical assistant to input into her notes. My visit felt rushed. This is my 2nd time visiting this practice & I will not be returning.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
Needed an appointment for an allergic reaction, and I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Correale. I was a bit scared after seeing some reviews here, but I had a great experience! She has a very "matter-of-fact" personality (some said she was rude - I disagree), but she listened well, gave me a clear opinion and plan, and was polite and friendly. I was out of the office within 50 minutes; 50% of that was spent in the waiting room completing necessary paperwork. I would recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
beyond disappointed with my experience with Dr. Correale. She lacks compassion and comes off extremely harsh and cold. when asking questions she comes off condescending and made me feel foolish to even consider other alternatives. she was quick to tell me that ALL of my other moles were okay, when she had only looked at one part of my stomach and back--pretty bold statement. she actually made me not want to seek help in the future.. some doctor. HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU SEEK OTHER DOCTORS.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
I am switching to another practice because this office is impossible. I called in February for a routine skin cancer screening and was told I could not be seen until the summer. I had another issue that was hardly an emergency, but the first appointment was a month from now. Every time I go there, I am there 1.5-2 hours although only 10 minutes of that is with the doctor. I never found the doctor to be condescending or rude as others have described here, but it is very rushed and unpleasant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?
Waited 3 months for an appointment that was supposed to be with Dr. Bevilacqua. No explanation as to why I ended up with Correale. Appt was very rushed. Dismissive, condescending, not clear with instructions. Never called in my rx. Called twice to clarify the instructions and still don't have an answer and they don't plan on getting me one. Will not be going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dana Correale, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Correale?

• Dermatology

2007
2004
2003

Dr. Correale accepts

Dr. Correale accepts the following insurance:

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
Emblem Health
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
MagnaCare
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Correale's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Correale's Top Procedures and Conditions

Skin Infections

Dr. Correale treats Skin Infections more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Correale treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

Benign Tumor

Dr. Correale treats Benign Tumor more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Correale treats this condition more than 94% of her peers

Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Correale treats Moles (Benign Skin Lesions) more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Correale treats this condition more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Correale's conditions and procedures:

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Acne
  • Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Kaposi's Sarcoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Parapsoriasis
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Warts

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Correale treats patients.

70% Patient experience rating, 1% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)