Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 70

Dr. Steinfink

Bent Tree Health Professionals

16800 Dallas Pkwy Ste 150 Dallas, TX 75248

Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 41 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 1973 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Steinfink accepts

Dr. Steinfink accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Steinfink's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Steinfink treats this condition more than 78% of his peers

Dr. Steinfink's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Steinfink was born in Texas, and grew up in Austin. He attended the University of Texas and then went to Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He completed his residency in adult and child psychiatry at Parkland Memorial Hospital and Children's ...

• Psychiatry

4.1

Dr. Steinfink?
Dr. Steinfink's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD
Dr Steinfinck is a pleasant person and listens to you which is important as a patient. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Steinfink...always took my appointment time to resolved Robert Joyner personal, professional and family problems with his comments i tried to ignored but...anyway. I ONLY like my pills and i get my prescription from him and thats it!!! I have no clue if he is good
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I sincerely feel like Dr Steinfink is listening to me and helping me reach my goals! I'm already taking less medications that I have in years prescribed by a different Dr and I feel like I'm on the right track FINALLY. I highly recommend Dr Steinfink and the facility is also beautiful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I have seen Dr. Steinfink off and on for about 5 years for depression, anxiety and ADD. He is patient, kind, and professional. He is not outwardly empathetic, but I appreciate that, since I can be completely honest with him as he is not quick to respond with opinions or emotions. Dr. S also strongly encourages therapy, good eating and sleeping habits, exercise, etc; and always asks about environmental factors in the visit. Never have a problem scheduling or waiting, or changing meds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Super smart and efficient!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Steinfink for 21 years. I need him to never retire because he's been really greay and understanding. He listens, is reasonable, thoroughly explains things, and I think that's important in mental health. I definitely recommend him. Please
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr. Steinfink truly has helped me. Today, when I was at the lowest of the low, he saw me last minute to help me. He’s kind, warm, inviting, and doesn’t make you feel less of a person because of how you are feeling and what you are going through. Dr. Steinfink truly is one of the best doctors I have ever seen, and if you’re looking for an outstanding individual to be your doctor he is your guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr Steinfink is knowledgeable and makes me feel at ease and comfortable discussions my mental health care with him. I strongly recommend him as your psychiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Great follow up appointments to review medications. We check in about things going on in my life that may be contributing to symptoms and also some non-medication recommendations, like exercise and group therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr. Steinfink knows what he’s doing. He is very dry and to the point but who cares about that when he is competent and capable. He became my doctor by chance and it has been the best thing that ever happened to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr Steinfink is a good doctor, but can be abrupt. His 20 minute appointments are usually only 10 minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr. Steinfink is always caring, he listens, he is easy to speak with, and that he’s nonjudgmental. Those are the qualities I look for in this type of Physician. I feel comfortable with him, and I am very glad that he is on my caregiving team..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I was referred to Steinfink by my current psych for his "neuro solutions" TMS procedure. He rudely told me that I wouldn't receive any benefit from it, and gave me some handouts totally unrelated to the reason I was there! Then he arrogantly got up from his chair (with great difficulty) and pointed to the exit sign and told me that's the way out! Maybe his "neuro solutions" is a scam, or he is a very unhappy person, or it was Inauguration Day...or perhaps all three! Either way, run far away!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I've known Dr. Steinfink for over 25 years. I trust him and I admire his ability to understand what I mean even when I haven't found exactly the right way to say it. I've always felt comfortable with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I recommend Dr. Steinfink highly: an excellent and effective psychiatrist, determined to achieve optimal results, not just "good enough" results. I find him very caring about me and my well-being. He is also very to-the-point and not one to dawdle, so I can see how some people might be put off by his manner or feel rushed. He expects the patient to do his/her part in getting better, and if you are looking to feel "coddled" he may not be for you. But I'll bet he can help you feel better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
we went to see him for over a year. Keep changing medicines ba, cold sed on our input from internet. Very rude, cold, abrupt, robotic and glacial human being with no empathy. He is old and appears to be trying to rake in as much money as he can before he retires
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr. Steinfink is very knowledgeable yet approachable. He creates an atmosphere of openness and a willingness to listen and talk things over. I never felt rushed and felt like he listened to everything I said. This is very hard to find especially with a psychiatrist who takes health insurance. The only thing I didn't care for was the receptionist's attitude. He didn't explain things unless asked and was rude which isn't helpful for a new patient. I'm glad I had already met other employees first
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
I saw him for almost a year and he was always very rude with me every visit. The only reason I didn't switch is because my preferred psychiatrist was fully booked. Very rude and dismissive!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?
Dr. Steinfink is like one of the guys, he's that good!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dan Steinfink, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Steinfink?

Compare Providers