Dr. Dan G. Sewell, MD

Dr. Dan G. Sewell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 49 years old

Dr. Sewell specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Salem, OR. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Sewell? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Sewell's Experience

See how Dr. Sewell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sewell

Dr. Sewell accepts 42 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sewell has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Sewell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sewell to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sewell
Dr. Sewell's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (181)
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Sewell was prompt, concise and thorough with his examination of my knee as well as explaining what was wrong and the steps we could take to correct it. Eventually I will need a partial knee replacement but Dr. Sewell was able to alleviate my immediate pain with a cortisone shot. I am relieved to have a clear understanding of what is wrong with my knee and a good understanding of how Dr. Sewell will guide the path to recovery. He gave me hope and for that I am very grateful.
in Turner, oregon |
Dr. Sewell has my total trust in him. He is knowledgeable above and beyond who his expertise is. he has a very nice and calming beside manner but is efficient with a "get this done attitude". i highly recommend Dr. Sewell to anyone looking for a competent surgeon.
in Salem, OR |
From the moment Dr. Sewell came into the room, he exuded genuine caring and concern. He took the time to not only explain my upcoming procedure (hip replacement), but showed me my x-rays and the model of the hip joint, explaining everything about the need for, and process of, the procedure. He thoroughly explained options, risks, recovery, and potential complications, listened attentively and answered all of my questions, and reassured me that I was an active participant in my own care plan.
in Albany, OR |
On Nov 10, 2016 Dr Sewell did Arthroscopy on my left knee. I'd had one done by another doctor in 2011 but it never turned out the way I'd hoped. I was told by the first doctor that I'd need my knee replace in 2016. I felt another opinion was needed. Dr Sewell was highly recommended by a close family member. Upon seeing Dr. Sewell, he felt "I didn't need my knee replaced", just a little touch up to finished what was missed. I AM HEALING GREATLY AND HAVE LITTLE TO NO PAIN. IT IS NOW 11/14/2016
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Sewell was very quick but thorough in his exam of my knee and clearly laid out treatment options, including doing nothing. He explained the options and the ramifications of the choices. He answered all my questions. His approach was professional and, at the same time, personable.
in Dallas, OR |
I was so impressed with Dr. Sewell's knowledge of my shoulder issue, his efficient and complete assessment and the diagnosis of Impingement syndrome rather than torn rotator cuff and the plan for treatment and followup. I would recommend him highly to others. I was thankful that he accepted me as a patient even though I had a prior scheduled appointment with another doctor at the clinic. I appreciated having a printout of the visit to refer to later.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Sewell was very friendly, and very knowledgeable. He explained my injury in a way that made sense, and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend him.
in Salem, OR |
Friendly, approachable.... pays attention to your comments....efficient.....provided good information and outlooks on injury recovery.........good refreshing attitude
in Salem, OR |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sewell's since early this year. He evaluated my hip pain, the treatment from all professionals at Hope Orthopedic has been exemplary, today I had my final pre-op visit at willamette surgery center and hope orthapedics for my planned total hip replacement in two weeks. My wife and I had all of our questions answered, we are so comfortable with the team at Hope Orthopedics, I am looking forward to quick recovery, and I am at ease with the proposed surgery.
in Salem, OR |
Well informed. Easy to talk with. No pretentions. Very professional.
in Salem, OR |
Friendly, knowledgeable, direct, efficient. Figured out my problem quickly.
in Salem, OR |
Excellent explanation of my medical diagnosis and surgery needs.
in Salem, OR |
In one visit, years of pain were relieved. Issues well explained, future possible course of action explained
in Salem, OR |
Dr sewell is very personable and really genuinely cares about his patients. I always felt comfortable and he got me through my total knee replacement quickly and efficiently. I am so thankful for Dr sewell answer his team. They changed my life!!
in Salem Or |
We want to give a big thanks to Dr. Dan Sewell, Brenda, and the amazing staff at Hope Orthopedic for two complete knee replacements. I had almost no pain after either one of the surgeries. Also want to thank the post op and recovery team at the Salem Hospital. They are so friendly and great to deal with.
in Stayton, OR |
Check in at the kiosk was easy and there was someone there to assist if needed. Very little waiting time. Staff took the time to answer all questions and were helpful. Dr. Sewell explained all the options and went into detail regarding my procedure. You have a very professional staff and well organized facility. I am impressed. Thank you
in Salem, OR |
He was very thorough and explained options in a very constructive and understandable way. He spent all the time necessary to answer all of my questions. He is the greatest!!
in Keizer, OR |
He thoroughly explained possible causes of pain, a route towards relief, and a very caring bedside manner. He gave me cortisone shots in both knees, step one in our plan.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Sewell does a wonderful job listening to things a patient says and probably more importantly, the things a patient doesn't think to say.
in Salem, OR |
Dr Sewell was very thorough in examining my knee problem and very compassionate to my concerns. He suggested a treatment option for my left knee. A steroid injection, just like I had my right knee that worked great. He calmed my concerns about having osteoarthritis. I felt relieved when I left his office to continue my normal activities. I highly recommend to anyone.
in Stayton, OR |
Dan is very personable and does listen to your symptoms and concerns. He is very busy but when he is with you, he truly gives you his time and does not cut corners. Above all else, he is a very capable and excellent surgeon. Aftercare is concerned and complete.
in Salem, OR |
I had my first appointment for knee pain today with Dr. Sewell . I arrived early, had an easy check in (on their new self check in computers!) and was called back within 5-10 minutes of arriving. The entire staff was friendly and made me feel comfortable right away. Dr. Sewell was efficient, performed a complete examination of my knee and thoroughly answered all my questions, including showing me the MRI. Surgery was recommended and so arrangements were discussed to get this scheduled.
in Salem, OR |
On my first visit, Dr. Sewell was very, very thorough, explained my options, explained his recommendation that my hip warranted replacement, and set the stage for a very good surgical outcome. I went directly from the appointment with him to the scheduling staff, and left Hope Orthopedics that day with a surgical date, a schedule of appointments preceding surgery, and great hope that I would find relief from pain through the surgery. Brenda, his PA, was also excellent!
in Dallas, OR |
DR. Sewell takes his time and explains everything very well during the visit. Dr. Sewell is very understanding and a excellent doctor.
in Salem, OR |
He is a great DR, and person. He replaced my knee and I recently went to him for my knee and shoulder. HE changed my life with a new knee.
in Dallas,Oregon |
Dr Sewell is always professional but very full of energy and glad to see you. He gets to the point and makes sure we understand exactly what is going on during his examining. He makes sure you know what you should be doing next when you walk out the door. This time I saw him for my right knee; he already has replaced my left knee. I feel like it was the BEST surgery and accurate follow up information to get me back on track in record time. I would highly trust and recommend him. Nice smile too
in Salem, Or. |
Dr. Sewell is very thorough & infomative in his care. This allows his patients to make informed decisions about their health care. He has a great bedside manner that is really appreciated .
Salem, OR |
Very professional. Very concerned with achieving the reults I wanted as the patient.
in Salem, or |
He made you feel comfortable. I saw the PA, Patrick, more than I ever saw Dr. Sewell though.
in Salem, Or |
My experience with Dr Sewell today was like it always is: efficient, respectful, thorough, informative, positive, with time for questions and never feeling hurried.
in Salem, OR |
Great care and treatment! Excellent experience, thanks
in Salem, OR |
Listens to his patients, very caring and considerate while being totally professional.
in Willamina, Oregon |
I was treated with kindness and experience. Every phase of the surgery was gone over in layman's terms. My needs were taken care of. Thank you to Dr. Sewell and his great staff.
Have you seen Dr. Dan G. Sewell, MD?
Are you Dr. Sewell?

Compare Dr. Sewell

Dr. Sewell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Operated on Bill Clinton when he was President of the United States

Dr. Sewell has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sewell's Board Certifications

National Naval Medical Center

Completed in 2000

Whitman College

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Sewell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sewell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery