Dr. Damon Watson, DDS

Dr. Damon Watson, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |

D. Omar Watson, D.D.S.,M.D., F.A.C.S., was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan. After college, Dr. Watson attended University of Michigan School of Dentistry. He was the first student to receive the Ida Gray Award for encouraging multicultural ideals within the dental school. After graduating from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, he was blessed to pursue his aspiration to be an oral surgeon. He was accepted in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery residency program at Detroit Receiving Hospital of the Detroit Medical Center. The program was very demanding, but Dr. Watson was able to complete the program while also obtaining a Medical Doctorate degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine and finishing an internship in General Surgery. Dr. Watson works out of our Brandermill and Southside offices in Midlothian. Dr. Watson is a diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. In addition, Dr. Watson is a member of the Richmond Academy of Medicine (RAM). Furthermore, as a board member for the Virginia Dental Association Foundation (VDAF), he often participates in Mission of Mercy projects. Dr. Watson has been named “Top Doctor” for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in both Richmond Magazine in 2013, 2015, 2016 and Virginia Living magazine in 2016. Dr. Watson has also received first place for the “Bedside Manner Award” for Our Health Magazine in 2015 & 2016. When not at work, Dr. Watson balances his life by spending time with his wife and two beautiful children. He also has developed a love for running, loves good music, travel, sports, time with family/friends, and church activities.

Virginia Oral and Facial Surgery

6031 Harbour Park Dr

Midlothian, VA 23112

Learn about Dr. Watson

See how frequently Dr. Watson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies
TMJ

Dr. Watson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Watson "It is our distinct pleasure to welcome you to our practice. Our doctors and staff are committed to Excellence in Oral / Maxillofacial and Cosmetic Facial Surgery and we work very hard to make your surgical experience as pleasurable as possible.

Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires up to 6 additional years of hospital based surgical and anesthesia training. As oral and maxillofacial surgeons, Dr. Niamtu, Dr. Alexander, Dr. Keeney, Dr. Harris, Dr. Metzger, Dr. Dymon, Dr. Wlodawsky, Dr. Watson or Dr. Agnihotri manage a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions.

Each surgeon practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from cosmetic facial surgery to corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal. Our surgeons also diagnose and treat facial pain, facial injuries and TMJ disorders, and perform a full range of dental implant procedures.

The surgical staff is trained in assisting with I.V. sedation within our state of the art office settings. Patients are continuously monitored during and after surgery. All surgical staff are ACLS, BLS and PALS certified. "

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Orthognathic Surgery
  • Root Canal
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Western Michigan University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • University of Michigan / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Wayne State University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Detroit Receiving Hospital/Detroit Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Watson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Watson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Watson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Watson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Watson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Watson to family and friends
Dr. Watson's Performance
in Midlothian, VA |
Smart and competent... Dr. Watson did a wonderful job with me. My general dentist referred me due to my rare brittle bone disorder and a need for an extraction. I was very impressed that Watson had experience with my disorder. He treated me very well. He was kind, patient, explaining every step to me. I felt very comfortable and safe while under his care. I will return to his practice and recommend him to friends and family needing oral surgery. Thank you Dr. Watson!
Thank you for your kind words, LaParisienne! We are so pleased you had a great experience with us and that we were able to help you feel better. Hope you have a wonderful day!
in Chesterfield , VA |
Where do I begin, Dr. Watson was so great with my 73 years old mother. He made her feel comfortable which took away her anxiety of having a total extraction. He was very patient and kind. I would recommend him to anyone needing oral surgery.
Thank you for the kind words, Michelle! We're happy to hear you had a great experience with us.
in Richmond |
Dr. Watson is a really professional professional. At first I thought his demeanor to be starch and cold but that is not the case. He became concerned, warm, understanding and patient about my fear of being in a dental chair. He explained procedure thoroughly before and during procedure. I would return as his patient when necessary. I have no reservations on recommending him to any others who have dental phobias. Total office atmosphere is friendly.
Thank you for the kind words, Karen! We are pleased you had a great experience with us and that we were able to ease your anxieties. Hope you have a wonderful day!
in Chesterfield, VA |
Dr. Watson was recommended to me by my dentist , who saw a spot on my tounge, that was worth a second set of eyes. Going to an oral surgeon for a spot on your tounge is scary enough, it helped me a lot that Dr Watson is so NICE ! I loved his personality right away! Very much a people person. Also very, very professional, the perfect doctor for my scary moment. Dr. Watson just has a great spirit about him, and has an ability to make you feel " unburdened " for a moment. Who doesn't need that?
Thank you for your kind words, Sandi! We are so pleased you had a great experience with Dr. Watson. Hope all is well. Happy Holidays!
Midlothian, VA |
Dr.Watson is a very kind and caring doctor who is very skilled at his profession. I definitely recommend this Dr.
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad you had a great experience with Dr. Watson. Have a great day!
in Cumberland , VA |
I would deffiently recommend Dr.Watson he was very good at making you comfortable and less nervous about the procedure. He was also very funny and made every visit really enjoyable
Thank you for your kind words, Kristine! We are pleased you had a great experience with Dr. Watson. We hope you are healing up nicely!
in Richmond, VA |
Where do I start? Dr. Watson is a incredibly friendly and super cool surgeon. I'm currently in the process of getting a tooth implanted, and I feel completely safe and comfortable in his care. After the first surgery for the procedure, Dr. Watson called to make sure I was doing well. He really cares for his patients and even makes the process of administrating sedation a blast (very important if you despise needles like myself)! Overall, I highly recommend him and definitely have no complaints.
in Richmond, VA |
As soon as Dr Watson entered the room I felt automatically comfortable with him, he was so warm & friendly. The day I had my tooth extracted I was alittle nervous about how uncomfortable it was going to feel afterwards. Dr Watson numbed my mouth just enough without over numbing it, I felt no pain whatsoever, and it took him literally a minute to remove my tooth, with very little bleeding, I never had to fill my pain prescription. The night of my surgery Dr Watson called my home to see how I was
in Richmond, VA |
I love the bedside manners of the entire staff. Dr. Watson is the best!!!!
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Watson is a outstanding surgeon and caring individual. He removed both of my grandchildren wisdom teeth. He did an excellent job of putting them at ease about the procedure during their first visit. Each procedure went went very well and my grandchildren were very pleased. I was very impressed with Dr. Watson and in need of oral surgery myself. Dr. Watson was my first choice to perform my surgery based on my total satisfaction of the treatment of my grandchildren. Minnie L. White
in Richmond |
The visit was for my 14 yr old. She had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Dr. Watson called us to make sure she was healing properly. Professional Dr. Who made this process easy. Staff was great also.
Have you seen Dr. Damon Watson, DDS?

Visit Dr. Watson

Richmond, VA 23225
Johnston-Willis Hospital
1401 Johnston Willis Dr
North Chesterfield, VA 23235

More Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialists at Virginia Oral and Facial Surgery