Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Damon Petty, MD
Dr. Damon Petty, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Lebanon, TN. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Petty is affiliated with University Medical Center and Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital.

1616 W Main St Ste 300

Lebanon, TN 37087

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Petty

Dr. Petty's Experience

Dr. Petty's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Tommy John Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • American Sports Med Institute
  • Cleveland Clinic Fndn

Dr. Petty has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Petty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Petty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Petty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petty to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Petty's Performance
in Celina tn |
Above and beyond the BEST orthopedic doctor!!!!
in Lebanon TN |
I love dr Petty. He really have good personality as a doctor. He listen what I said even I can not speak English very well. I had knee surgery back in March 2017, And I am glad he has office in Lebanon TN. Overall he is a good and professional doctor... I will keep recommend him to everyone one who need orthopedic help.
in Lebanon, TN |
I am so very thankful to have re-united with Dr. Petty. After a terrible fall And injuring my knee he and his staff welcomed me in. My issues were promptly addressed . I have joint/connective tissue disordersand Lupus.I am hopeful that He is my answer/resolve to years of unnecessary pain and disregard by many physicians. My life has been altered and negatively affected for approx 4 years. I trust this man and am in Constant prayer and hopeful to regain stability and less pain! I want mylife bk
Nashville, TN |
Went and seen Dr. Petty a few years back after I had ACL reconstruction and the Doc hopped town after my surgery. Knee gave me problems after surgery and I seen Dr. Petty. He didn't want an MRI or anything and said it felt perfect and my instability was because of quad weakness. Went to a different Dr. and found out the graft had stretched plus I had a torn Posterolateral Corner. He won't spend more than 5 minutes with you, and don't question his judgement because he will get hateful.
in Nashville, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Petty for my knee. He cleaned it up and I was doing pretty good. He offered options for knee injections to avoid a knee replacement, which have worked great. He stated I would probably need a knee replacement but he doesn't push for 'replacement parts'. I appreciate a doctor that doesn't rush into surgery.
in Gallatin |
Replaced both of my hips , did a good job on them and I would use him and recommend him to everyone
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Petty has now treated me for Shoulder injury with a SLAP repair and helped me CMC Thumb arthritis with two PRP (Platelet) injections. His professionalism, care and concern made me at ease to have shoulder surgery which was quite the undertaking. He was knowledgeable and listened to what I had to say. I am completely recovered from my SLAP repair one year out and so thankful he was my doctor. I have recommended several people I know to see him and would tell you to consider his services.
Lebanon, TN |
My name is Ronald C. Wilson a patient of Dr. Petty and have had one knee replacement with which I am very satisfied. I am about to have the second. Dr. Petty is very cordial & takes time to explain every thing in detail. His staff has also been professional, friendly and helpful. Could not ask for better care.
in Brentwood, TN |
Excellent experience, was highly recommended and I would do the same.
in Lebanon, TN |
Been seeing Dr Petty for a couple of years for both preventive and corrective work. I am very appreciative to have a doctor who spends the amount of time with each patient as well as being thorough. When I found him years back it was a referral but I did my own research and found he was a highly renowned orthopedic surgeon and had credentials and experience with high profile people who are also discerning with who they allow to work on them. My experience has been nothing short of exceptional.
in Lebanon, TN |
Dr Petty takes the time to talk with me and see exactly what is going on medically. I'm sure he takes time with each patient and I do not mind waiting a little longer to get to see him. Also, I did not have to wait for months to see him, got an appointment very quickly as they had openings. Very good doctor, I am glad my pcp sent me to him. I will certainly recommend him to friends and family.
in Antioch tn |
Dr. Pandy is a great doctor I've been going to him since October due to a workers comp injury he's a very caring doctor always on time he answers any of my questions and I have even after hours The staff is very knowledgeable and very friendly just not a normal I would say it's more like a family there
in Goodlettsville, TN |
"99 percent of doctors wouldn't take you seriously" That's what Dr. Petty said to me. I have ptsd and am being treated for severely painful domestic violence injuries, his bedside manner is robotically cold. I felt he was sexist and biased towards me. Several visits he wanted to talk about my hair or my tattoos...I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously, he was offended that I told him how I felt, instead of apologizing, or asking me why I felt that way, he kicked me out after a 3 hr wait.
in nashville tn |
Dr. Petty might be a good surgeon, and I say might because I'm still in the healing stage . Also, his bedside manner SUCKS! He is sending me back to work after 10 days out of surgery with instructions not to use my right hand. He was very aloof during the visit and obviously does not care about my well being because I certainly can't drive to work since the surgery was on my dominant hand/shoulder. I had to read it in the paper that he was sending me back to work. This is Workman's Comp
My apologies to this nice lady, but her complaint is really with the Work Comp laws in Tennessee and her employer. I have to follow the rules pertaining to her care since she is being treated under Work Comp. Those rules include describing her restrictions, which in her case are "no use of the right arm at work until further notice". If her employer insists she return to work under those restrictions, that is within their rights. I cannot change that. She is upset about those rules,
in Lebanon, TN |
What I liked: Dr. Petty is overall straight to the point which I love. At first he recommended me to get physical therapy but after I told him I did ample therapy already and it did not help, unlike other doctors who insisted my keep going, Dr. Petty said scratch that idea. The surgery went great and the incisions made were very small. He is an expert in his field and I would recommend him to my family. What I disliked: Some of the wait times were almost an hour in the waiting room.
in Lebanon, TN |
Initial visit. Was scheduled. I arrived early and submitted all requested medical and insurance information. I was escorted from waiting area to patient care area where there was another waiting area. There I sat for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I not only did not see the doctor I did not talk to a nurse. Observed that it was a high volume office. I got up and left.
Have you seen Dr. Damon Petty, MD?

Visit Dr. Petty