Dr. Damon Adamany, MD

Dr. Damon Adamany, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

The CORE Institute 14520 W Granite Valley Dr Ste 210 Sun City West, AZ 85375 Get Directions

I believe in a patient focused, shared decision-making model when treating my patients. I always like to present the potential positives and pitfalls when making decisions.  Additionally, as I like to treat patients as if they were my own family member, I will often suggest what recommendation I would make to my loved one if presented with the same medical decision as the patient.

Damon Adamany, MD is a board certified and fellowship-trained specialist in hand and upper extremity surgery and is certified in basic microsurgery with The CORE Institute. Dr. Adamany completed his fellowship training at the University of New Mexico in hand and upper extremity surgery with advanced microvascular training. Prior to his fellowship, he completed his residency at Mount Carmel Medical Center in Ohio, where served as Vice President of the Mount Carmel Residency Forum, addressing issues that affect young physicians, while developing a curriculum for multidisciplinary grand rounds. Dr. Adamany earned his medical degree at the University of Arizona, where he graduated in the top quarter of his class. He obtained his bachelor's degree, magna cum laude, in physiological sciences at the University of Arizona. Dr. Adamany has written and contributed several articles in academic journals, including the Journal of Hand Surgery. He has also given numerous professional presentations as well as a poster presentation for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. In addition, he is committed to community service and education, through volunteering with organizations such as Commitment to Underserved People, where he worked in various pediatric clinics including a rural pediatric orthopedic clinic in Arizona.

Dr. Adamany's Experience

See how Dr. Adamany's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Adamany

Dr. Adamany accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Adamany has admitting privileges.

Dr. Adamany's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adamany to family and friends
Dr. Adamany Says:

Patients' perceptions of the quality of care and services they receive at our practice provide valuable information and data on which to build improvement efforts.

Dr. Adamany's Performance
in Surprise, Az. |
I have never left Core, after seeing Dr. Abamany, without feeling secure that my visit was above excellent. His staff is always kind, courteous, and helpful. I do recommend Dr. Adamany to anyone having hand or arm problems if you want the best. He listens to your symptom complaints without ever making you feel ridiculous and also doesn't ever act like your taking up his time for being there. My husband and I both feel fortunate to have him here when we need him. Mrs. Dorothy Sexton
in Sun City West AZ |
Excellent explanation of treatment for my deputrens' issues...talked me through a painful procedure which was extremely helpful!
in Sun City West AZ |
So pleased with CORE and Dr Adamany and the level of care and truly caring about their patients and patients needs. Dr. Adamany truly gives quality care and takes the time to explain injury and necessary treatments to heal injury.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Dr. Adamany clearly knows what he is doing and what type of treatment the patients needs. I travel from the City of Maricopa, 1 1/2 hour drive to see him. He is very knowledgable in field of medicine. Will continue to see him.
in Prescott, Az |
I had transferred a medical condition from another state to Dr Adamany's pratice. Early morning appointment and 100 mile drive I was pleasantly met by a smiling staff. My medical records were supposed to be delivered to Dr. A's office by my insurance company before my appointment....this did not happen. Dr. Adamany went into my visit uninformed to my condition. Dr. Adamany was very attentive, pleasant and most proffesional while I described my condition and examination. Very pleased.
in Buckeye, AZ |
Met him just before surgery and found him attentive, sincere, and ready to perform the task.
Goodyear, AZ |
Great doctor! Excellent bedside manner and very skilled and knowledgeable.
Surprise, AZ |
good man! had pain problems in both hands with trigger finger which i figure happens when you are 86. couple of well located shots and most of pain was gone. i most certainly recommend him. wally welsch,retired old guy.
in Sun City West, Arizona |
Doctor Adamany fixed my right and left carpals and my hands don't fall a sleep anymore. There wasn't any pain and the whole procedure was flawless. I'm trying to come up with some other body parts he can operate on. Perfect in all aspects, keep up the good work.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Dr. Adamany was very pleasant, informed and helpful. I feel he was extremely helpful in working on my problem arthritic hand without extreme procedures.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr.Adamany is an extremely intelligent, compassionate and caring person. We are totally satisfied with the procedure and follow -up care we received. We highly recommend Dr. Adamany and Core Institute to anyone who may need this type of care. John & Bonnie Rigsby
in Phoenix, AZ |
When my son smashed his finger last year, Dr. Adamany and the Core institute took such good care of us. He's friendly and kind and we really felt he did his best to make sure his finger healed properly. Two surgeries later, my son's finger had healed up great!
in Sun City West, AZ |
I was asked my pain level when I signed in. At that point it was one. However, it had been at 9 on and off. I did not have any xrays, MRI or other tests to see what was wrong. Dr. Adamany spent no more than 5 minutes with me. He told me because of my previous carpal tunnel surgery there was only a 50% chance that surgery would help. He did not suggest therapy or anything else to relieve my condition
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Adamany is an outstanding doctor and my experience with him was nothing less than stellar! I would highly recommend him and The Core Institute!
in Surprise, AZ |
Highly skilled. I highly recommend Dr. Adamany.
in Surprise AZ |
I was very pleased with everything that entailed my carpal tunnel surgery I was very happy with the short wait time at each appointment with Dr. Adamany. The results of my surgery are excellent.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Adamany immediately put me at ease by explaining the procedure for my surgery. His follow through after the surgery was comforting and everything went as scheduled including the healing.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Adamany and staff at CORE consistently provide no less than outstanding respectful, courteous, and professional service. I spent 26 years as health care provider and an administrator. This is the staff I wold like to have working with/for me.
in Surprise , AZ |
Very satisfied.
in Sun City West |
I couldn't be more satisfied with Dr Adamany. My husband had hand surgery done by Dr Adamany & was very pleased. A friend had hand surgery by another Dr & wasn't happy with the outcome so my husband told her to see him & she is good as new now, so what does that say about this Dr. I am due to have my surgery in about 4 wks. I am looking forward to him fixing my trigger finger & my carpal tunnel.
in Glendale, AZ |
Core is really top shelf from the appearance of the building to all the staff and doctor. I had a great experience and am going back for my other carpal tunnel surgery.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Dr. Adamany and his PA Brad are a great team. My surgery (trigger finger) was the easiest surgery I have ever had! It was virtually pain free and I have complete range of motion without locking in the joint.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr Adamany and I go way back to fifteen years of various hand, wrist and finger care. He is first class all the way and I consider him a friend as well as the keeper of my hands.
in Surprise AZ |
I highly recommend Dr Adamany. In two different situations (broken right wrist and tendonitis in left wrist) where I found him very knowledgeable and willing to listen. Great bedside manner.
in Sun City, Az |
Dr Adamany was very friendly and encouraging with my hand diagnosis. His time with me, although quick and appropriate, was extremely efficient and educational. He has a wonderful personality and bedside manner.
in Blaine WA |
Satisfied with treatment. Worked on my wife's wrist 4 yrs ago and three finger amputations on me.
in Sun City West, AZ |
I would not hesitate to refer Dr. Adamany to anyone who is seeking a Doctor who is caring, spends time answering questions and explaining everything. Hu just makes you feel comfortable.
in Sun City, AZ |
I found my visits with Dr Adamany very informative. He answered all my questions and explained all my options and then made his recommendation. My surgery was scheduled at my convenience and any questions were answered my his friendly and helpful staff. My experience with Core had been very satisfactory.
in Surprise Az |
All excellent.
in Wickenburg, AZ |
Went for a trigger finger. He was very realistic with his diagnosis and prognosis. He gave me several options. Then I went again for the same hand and again, he was very honest and gave me options. I have no problem referring him.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr Adamany is courteous...explains everything in layman terms and made me feel comfortable with my surgery and treatment...yes i will recommend him to my family and friends!
Mesa, AZ |
X-ray tech was inexperienced and lacked training to take x-rays of my wrist and hand. I had to give suggestions based upon prior x-rays taken. Dr. Adamany was unprofessional in his demeanor towards the reason for my visit. He did not go over the x-rays nor did him perform any sort of a physical examination of my wrist/hand. After waiting 20-30 min to see the doc, he ushered us out five minutes later after telling me "wait for your wrist to fail, then come back and I'll have something to fix."
Thank you for your comment. The CORE Institute has a dedicated Patient Advocate who addresses patients concerns or questions. He can be reached at 623.474.3733.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Adamany was the physician on call when my father needed emergency surgery. He was attentive, personable and skilled. His bedside manner is excellent. He demonstrated that he really cared about the my father's outcome and went above and beyond to assist his healing. Exceptional physician!
in Avondale, AZ |
He is very,very, good. Explains everything in detail that a regular person can understand. He has helped me each time I have visited. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
in Sun City West, AZ |
I had two separate surgical procedures done to my wrist. Following surgery, I have not experienced any pain, only minimal discomfort from time to time. Both incisions seem to be healing quite nicely with minor scarring . Dr. Adamany's demeanor is pleasant and professional.
in Sun City West, AZ |
had one visit and one follow-up. condition is greatly improved.
in Litchfield Park, AZ |
Dr. Adamany was kind, listened to my concerns and outlined possible options for my condition. He took the time to explain his recommendations and the process that I could expect moving forward.
It was very good.
in Sun City West, AZ |
He was very honest in his assessment of my concern and his recommendation made good sense to me. At this time, he advised me to do nothing unless I have any further problems with the bump on my wrist!
in Surprise, AZ |
Discussed my finger situation fully. All options of doing or not doing the procedure were explained. He made me feel like he cared and wanted me to be able to make what I thought was the right decision.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Very friendly and honest regarding surgical expectations as to outcome.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Adamany is very efficient and professional. He makes you feel at ease right away. He takes the time to answer your questions and explains your condition. I never felt rushed.
in Webster City IA - Sun City West AZ |
I was cared for with the utmost kindness and was informed exactly what the process for my surgery would be. I am completely satisfied.and thank you Dr. Adamant!
in Surprise, AZ |
Very professional, concerned and a good listener. The Core Institute is exceptional in helpfulness in every area and has physical therapy on lower level. Very happy with the doctors and staff employed at Core Institute in Sun City West.
in Sun City West, Az |
Being an M.D. myself, I have dealt with physicians for over 50 years. I was extremely well pleased with every aspect of my experience at your office.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. adamant is genial and friendly in a very professional way. He is knowledgeable and clear in his explanations to a non-medical way which is helpful and inclusive. He gave me all my options and discussed them with me so that I could make a good choice for treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Damon Adamany, MD?

Compare Dr. Adamany

Dr. Adamany's Care Philosophy

Dr. Adamany says...

I am fellowship trained in hand and upper extremity conditions. I have additional microvascular training and expertise. I have a very busy practice in which I treat almost any disorder related to the hand and upper extremity. Additionally, many of the procedures that I perform (i.e. endoscopic carpal tunnel release) are less invasive than they once were.

Dr. Adamany says...

Common procedures that I treat include carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger fingers, hand arthritis and hand/wrist fractures.

Dr. Adamany says...

Dr. Adamany's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Adamany has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Adamany's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University of New Mexico / Main Campus

Completed in 2007

University of Arizona

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Adamany does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adamany and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery