Dr. Damien Mallat, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 53

Telehealth services available
6750 Hillcrest Plaza Dr Ste 200 Dallas, TX 75230

Dr. Damien Mallat, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Mallat has more experience with Pancreatic Disease and Esophageal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Lebanese U Fac Med Scis medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities Medical City Children's Hospital and Medical City Fort Worth. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mallat to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Gastroenterology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Mallat is affiliated with Medical City Children's Hospital Dallas, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Mallat

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Mallat treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Mallat treats other conditions, please contact the office at (972) 404-4709.

Pancreatic Disease

Pancreatic disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the pancreas, such as pancraetitis.Compare with other Pancreatic Disease specialists.

Dr. Mallat is experienced in the area of Pancreatic Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

Treatments
Similar Providers
Pancreatitis
Normal
High
Very High

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Mallat is experienced in the area of Esophageal Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

• Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Eosinophilic Esophagitis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders
  • Wireless pH Testing

Dr. Mallat accepts

Dr. Mallat accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mallat

2.9

1.2820512820512822%

Dr. Mallat?
  • Staff friendliness (35)
  • Appointment scheduling (34)
  • Wait times (14)
  • Long wait times (28)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (20)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (15)
Dr. Mallat is a wonderful doctor! He is very very highly intelligent and knowledgeable. Yes, his bedside manner may not be as expected but his care and treatment are far superior. He was the gentlest and most attentive doctor I have had the pleasure of being treated by. He treated me in 2017. Thank you!
Shaila Bonner – Jul 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Terrible bedside manner. He is cold and very stand offish. Doesn’t take the time to explain your procedure, talk to the family after. More focused on how many patience he can go through instead of explaining what is going on with your body. I never met him prior to my procedures or after. All I got was a 2 minute phone call that gave me no information. Guess he’s just too busy for any interaction with his patience.
Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Horrible doctor. Rude, dismissive, cold and uncaring. Has absolutely no bedside manners whatsoever. DO NOT GO TO HIM! He should not be allowed to practice medicine.
SM – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I'm currently seeing him for pancreatitis and I am in unbearable pain and he refused to give me any medication. He says that they won't let him. I keep asking him who they are and he refuses to answer that. Pancreatitis is a very painful diagnosis but hospital will hospitalize you if you are in pain. Why does this doctor enjoy patients being in pain I've checked with my pharmacy and insurance and they tell me that there is no laws preventing him from pain treatment. I've been on a waiting list for 3 years to see pain management with no luck. Sometimes suicide seems like the only answer. Please Dr mallet you are in charge and have nothing to be afraid of if you have a diagnosis that requires pain treatment. Stand up for your calling as a doc6
Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. Mallat has treated my pancreatitus for more than 3 years. He is the best in this area. He and his staff are true careing professionals.
Russ Work – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
My wife and I have known Dr. Damien Mallat for more than eight years. We first met him while my wife was a patient at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. After one GI doctor informed my wife that she had less than two weeks to live, her admitting surgeon finally brought in the best GI doctor he knew—Dr. Damien Mallat. He said that he would recommend Dr. Mallat to treat his own grandchildren under similar conditions. Dr. Mallat’s demeanor that first visit was very professional as he came into my wife’s room and introduced himself. We were immediately impressed with him and looked forward to his next visit. He assured us that he could help improve both the longevity and the quality of her life. After he began working my wife’s case we saw immediate improvements in her overall health. Today, under Dr. Mallat’s care, my wife’s health and quality of life continues to improve. The medical profession is a kinder, gentler place thanks to Dr. Mallat. Both he and his staff rate five stars.
Julie Pike (by Tom Pike) – Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Awful doctor!!!!! Do not recommend does not Care to do anything extra, cold, and does not care!!...my father your patient of two years Went to you for help and you misdiagnosed with colitis and told him he was fine and gave him pills ...did no care he was suffering and weighted almost 100 pounds! My family just lost him because of An emergency surgery in his stomach /intestines and his Intestines were shot, colon, and small mass were discovered all around his digestive tract ...my dad Was so desperate he cameToMexico To see another doctor and he couldn’t believe nothing was found and how he was treated! Doctors are supposed to go above and beyond for their patients thanks for nothing
Awful – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
My child’s mother went in for an eus(?) procedure and Dr. Mallat switch it to an ERCP(?). He placed a stint on her pancreas! The EUS was because she was having constipation issues. That was Thursday morning. Thursday evening she was in the ER diagnosed w/ pancreatitis. Now it’s Saturday, Dr. Mallat is still at the same hospital she’s in preforming procedures at he’s too busy to stop by! She wasn’t ate since Wednesday night! And still constipated, not to mention in a whole lot of pain! To be con
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
After reading all the negative reviews I find it interesting that the majority of the complaints are because they don’t think Dr Mallat is “friendly” enough. He’s in high demand people! I’ve been in his office until 6:00 on a Friday night and he was still seeing patients..and running from Dallas to Ft Worth. How many doctors do that? If you have a serious GI problem he will diagnose it when others can’t . He knows his medicine and is determined to help his patients. He’s been our doctor 15 yrs.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I tried to make an appt for follow up after colonoscopy, the phone number was not a working number for days. I finally sent an email to office saying I was going to go to ins co about their office. Person from office finally called me saying how they were understaffed. Made an appt, on day of appt I called just to be sure and there was no appt for me that day. Very unorganized office.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
By far the most ridiculously rude doctor I have ever visited! First, I get a call to come to my appointment 2 hours early... only to sit in the office for nearly 3 hours. Dr. Mallat had the nerve to walk in with an attitude. After I got called back into his office... no greeting, no hi, no hello, nothing welcoming... for someone who is putting money in your pocket. He asked me "Why am I here?"... in the driest tone you can possible think of. Spent all of 3min in his office for him to tell me to
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Louis in Dallas, TX – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
While he doesn't have the best bedside manner, this doctor knows what he is doing. He is wanted by so many hospitals to be on their staff so that proves he is very good. I'll take his knowledge and performance over his mannerisms anytime!
MarthaS in Dallas, TX – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I can't speak for his treatments, bc I couldn't get past the first appointment. We walked into his formal office with him on the computer. No eye contact for a minute or two. Quickly asked my symptoms/issues. When I asked a question he told me he doesn't have a magic ball. I get he needs to do procedures to determine what is going on, but considering most of us there are nervous about what is happening even an ounce of care or even a welcome handshake would be nice. Felt like a number.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
HJV in Dallas, TX – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
What a bully Dr mallot is.. I would never ever recommend him to anyone
May 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr.Mallat is very knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Mallat takes the time to hear what your needs are. Very good bedside manner. Darrell Harrison
Darrell Harrison in Fort Worth – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I am very impressed with the effeciency and friendliness of his office staff. I was extremely impressed with the knowledge, professionalism, and courtesy Dr Mallat extended to me during my appointments and subsequent surgeries. During my two week follow-up appointment today, Dr Mallat took time to explain his findings and recommendations. I found Dr Mallat very compassionate and genuinely concerned about my health. I highly recommend him for any gastro/intestinal problems!! Dr Mallat is A+!
Lynne E Machado in Burleson – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr Mallat saved my life. Dr in Ftw sent me to Dr Mallat. Dr Mallat has been my Dr for over 18 years. I had become jaundice and Dr in Ftw couldn’t get the stones out. Dr Mallat has performed numerous percedures on me since. I would highly recommended Dr Mallat. Best of the best. Highly intelligent man. Gets straight to the point and tells you what the plan is.
Daniel Peterson in Crowley,Tx – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Mallat for Going on 4 years now!!!!! He is extremely knowledgeable and straight to the business at hand!!! He has helped me get back to a normal life when several other doctors including er doctors could not!!!! Is he sometimes late...yes!!!! Folks he’s a Dr...that’s what they do!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Mallat and hope he can help you like he did me!!!!
Randy – Mar 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. mallat has been my doctor for 15 years he understands and listens about my pain he does not do unnecessary treatments he listens to the person and I will continue to go to Dr. Mallot s moore.
Stacy moore in Dallas tx – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
This guy is so rude and arrogant. Without an exam, he scheduled me for two invasive procedures that were completely unnecessary. He just wants money.
Feb 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mallat?

• Gastroenterology