Dr. Damien Mallat, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Mallat

Dr. Damien Mallat, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from American University-Beirut and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Mallat accepts

Dr. Mallat accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Mallat's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

47.76119402985075%

Dr. Mallat?
Dr. Mallat's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Damien Mallat, MD
My child’s mother went in for an eus(?) procedure and Dr. Mallat switch it to an ERCP(?). He placed a stint on her pancreas! The EUS was because she was having constipation issues. That was Thursday morning. Thursday evening she was in the ER diagnosed w/ pancreatitis. Now it’s Saturday, Dr. Mallat is still at the same hospital she’s in preforming procedures at he’s too busy to stop by! She wasn’t ate since Wednesday night! And still constipated, not to mention in a whole lot of pain! To be con
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
After reading all the negative reviews I find it interesting that the majority of the complaints are because they don’t think Dr Mallat is “friendly” enough. He’s in high demand people! I’ve been in his office until 6:00 on a Friday night and he was still seeing patients..and running from Dallas to Ft Worth. How many doctors do that? If you have a serious GI problem he will diagnose it when others can’t . He knows his medicine and is determined to help his patients. He’s been our doctor 15 yrs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I tried to make an appt for follow up after colonoscopy, the phone number was not a working number for days. I finally sent an email to office saying I was going to go to ins co about their office. Person from office finally called me saying how they were understaffed. Made an appt, on day of appt I called just to be sure and there was no appt for me that day. Very unorganized office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
By far the most ridiculously rude doctor I have ever visited! First, I get a call to come to my appointment 2 hours early... only to sit in the office for nearly 3 hours. Dr. Mallat had the nerve to walk in with an attitude. After I got called back into his office... no greeting, no hi, no hello, nothing welcoming... for someone who is putting money in your pocket. He asked me "Why am I here?"... in the driest tone you can possible think of. Spent all of 3min in his office for him to tell me to
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
While he doesn't have the best bedside manner, this doctor knows what he is doing. He is wanted by so many hospitals to be on their staff so that proves he is very good. I'll take his knowledge and performance over his mannerisms anytime!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I can't speak for his treatments, bc I couldn't get past the first appointment. We walked into his formal office with him on the computer. No eye contact for a minute or two. Quickly asked my symptoms/issues. When I asked a question he told me he doesn't have a magic ball. I get he needs to do procedures to determine what is going on, but considering most of us there are nervous about what is happening even an ounce of care or even a welcome handshake would be nice. Felt like a number.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
What a bully Dr mallot is.. I would never ever recommend him to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr.Mallat is very knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Mallat takes the time to hear what your needs are. Very good bedside manner. Darrell Harrison
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I am very impressed with the effeciency and friendliness of his office staff. I was extremely impressed with the knowledge, professionalism, and courtesy Dr Mallat extended to me during my appointments and subsequent surgeries. During my two week follow-up appointment today, Dr Mallat took time to explain his findings and recommendations. I found Dr Mallat very compassionate and genuinely concerned about my health. I highly recommend him for any gastro/intestinal problems!! Dr Mallat is A+!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr Mallat saved my life. Dr in Ftw sent me to Dr Mallat. Dr Mallat has been my Dr for over 18 years. I had become jaundice and Dr in Ftw couldn’t get the stones out. Dr Mallat has performed numerous percedures on me since. I would highly recommended Dr Mallat. Best of the best. Highly intelligent man. Gets straight to the point and tells you what the plan is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Mallat for Going on 4 years now!!!!! He is extremely knowledgeable and straight to the business at hand!!! He has helped me get back to a normal life when several other doctors including er doctors could not!!!! Is he sometimes late...yes!!!! Folks he’s a Dr...that’s what they do!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Mallat and hope he can help you like he did me!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. mallat has been my doctor for 15 years he understands and listens about my pain he does not do unnecessary treatments he listens to the person and I will continue to go to Dr. Mallot s moore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
This guy is so rude and arrogant. Without an exam, he scheduled me for two invasive procedures that were completely unnecessary. He just wants money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. Mallat really cares about his patients. He took the time to listen to what I had to say and was very straightforward and insightful with his assessment and responses, which I appreciated. He really takes into consideration what his patients are saying. He is extremely knowledgable and was able to recommend a few different treatments for me right off the bat in my first appointment. Very timely and responsive to special circumstances. His staff is dedicated, very friendly, and helpful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
This guy is So Rude and his attitude is so Arrogent . He doesn’t even know what is physician’ etiquette . His manner is horrible. He doesn’t treat you like a human being and doesn’t show any respect to a patient . I would give him - 10 star if there was a option . Do Not Go to him. He is a BAD doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I’m a patient of Dr. Damien Mallat I just wanted to give him an excellent review for the medical attention that he provided for me since being under his care he performed surgery on my pancreas and did and excellent job In not in so much pain as much I am truly appreciative So Thank You Dr. Mallat and your Staff ...! Sincerely Sylvia Clardy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
It was time for me to do a colonoscopy and I was super nervous. Dr. Mallat made me feel much better after he assured me it will be quick and easy. Everything went as plan. Great doctor, I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Great doctor and great service from the staff. Highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Beware of this doctor. He is too busy to take care of his patients. His bedside manner is horrible. He is rude and uncaring. Does not even know your name or what he has done when you go in . He misdiagnosed my husband and almost let him die. Treated him for 11 months for Chronic Pancreatitis a condition he did not have. If we had not gone to another doctor he would have died. He lost 45 lbs and 9 months of his life because of this doctor. He has achalasia which if treated 11 months ago he wo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Best doctor in his area of practice. Top of the line in research coming from a nurse of 20+ years. He saved my life when no one else could figure me out. Down to the point, he gives you a diagnosis if it’s in his area and makes appropriate referrals if not. If his visit is quick , it’s because he knows what he’s doing. Not the kind of doctor to bring you back for unnecessary visits. My kind of doc! He’s a very busy man.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Mallat?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mallat treats patients.

Compare Providers