Dr. Damien Mallat, MD

Gastroenterology •  Male • Age 52

Dr. Mallat
Telehealth services available
6750 Hillcrest Plaza Dr Dallas, TX 75230

Dr. Damien Mallat, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Mallat has more experience with Pancreatic Disease, Esophageal Disorders, and Gallbladder/Bile Duct Diseases than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Lebanese U Fac Med Scis medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities Medical City Children's Hospital and Medical City Fort Worth. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mallat to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Gastroenterology Specialists in your area

See similar Gastroenterology Specialists in Dallas

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Mallat accepts

Dr. Mallat accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Pancreatic Disease

Pancreatic disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the pancreas, such as pancraetitis.Compare with other Pancreatic Disease specialists.

Typically treats 99% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

Pancreatitis

Dr. Mallat treats Pancreatitis more than 99% of their peers

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 73% more than their peers

Dr. Mallat treats Esophagitis more than 99% of their peers

Heartburn

Dr. Mallat treats Heartburn more than 99% of their peers

Gallbladder/Bile Duct Diseases

Gallbladder/bile duct disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as gallstones, biliary atresia, and biliary cholangitis through procedures including medications, lithotripsy, and surgery.Compare with other Gallbladder/Bile Duct Diseases specialists.

Typically treats 60% more than their peers

Cholelithiasis

Dr. Mallat treats Cholelithiasis more than 40% of their peers

Dr. Mallat treats this condition more than 40% of their peers

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 66% more than their peers

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Damien Mallat, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Mallat's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mallat

3.0

Dr. Mallat?
I'm currently seeing him for pancreatitis and I am in unbearable pain and he refused to give me any medication. He says that they won't let him. I keep asking him who they are and he refuses to answer that. Pancreatitis is a very painful diagnosis but hospital will hospitalize you if you are in pain. Why does this doctor enjoy patients being in pain I've checked with my pharmacy and insurance and they tell me that there is no laws preventing him from pain treatment. I've been on a waiting list for 3 years to see pain management with no luck. Sometimes suicide seems like the only answer. Please Dr mallet you are in charge and have nothing to be afraid of if you have a diagnosis that requires pain treatment. Stand up for your calling as a doc6
Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. Mallat has treated my pancreatitus for more than 3 years. He is the best in this area. He and his staff are true careing professionals.
Russ Work – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
My wife and I have known Dr. Damien Mallat for more than eight years. We first met him while my wife was a patient at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. After one GI doctor informed my wife that she had less than two weeks to live, her admitting surgeon finally brought in the best GI doctor he knew—Dr. Damien Mallat. He said that he would recommend Dr. Mallat to treat his own grandchildren under similar conditions. Dr. Mallat’s demeanor that first visit was very professional as he came into my wife’s room and introduced himself. We were immediately impressed with him and looked forward to his next visit. He assured us that he could help improve both the longevity and the quality of her life. After he began working my wife’s case we saw immediate improvements in her overall health. Today, under Dr. Mallat’s care, my wife’s health and quality of life continues to improve. The medical profession is a kinder, gentler place thanks to Dr. Mallat. Both he and his staff rate five stars.
Julie Pike (by Tom Pike) – Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Awful doctor!!!!! Do not recommend does not Care to do anything extra, cold, and does not care!!...my father your patient of two years Went to you for help and you misdiagnosed with colitis and told him he was fine and gave him pills ...did no care he was suffering and weighted almost 100 pounds! My family just lost him because of An emergency surgery in his stomach /intestines and his Intestines were shot, colon, and small mass were discovered all around his digestive tract ...my dad Was so desperate he cameToMexico To see another doctor and he couldn’t believe nothing was found and how he was treated! Doctors are supposed to go above and beyond for their patients thanks for nothing
Awful – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
My child’s mother went in for an eus(?) procedure and Dr. Mallat switch it to an ERCP(?). He placed a stint on her pancreas! The EUS was because she was having constipation issues. That was Thursday morning. Thursday evening she was in the ER diagnosed w/ pancreatitis. Now it’s Saturday, Dr. Mallat is still at the same hospital she’s in preforming procedures at he’s too busy to stop by! She wasn’t ate since Wednesday night! And still constipated, not to mention in a whole lot of pain! To be con
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
After reading all the negative reviews I find it interesting that the majority of the complaints are because they don’t think Dr Mallat is “friendly” enough. He’s in high demand people! I’ve been in his office until 6:00 on a Friday night and he was still seeing patients..and running from Dallas to Ft Worth. How many doctors do that? If you have a serious GI problem he will diagnose it when others can’t . He knows his medicine and is determined to help his patients. He’s been our doctor 15 yrs.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I tried to make an appt for follow up after colonoscopy, the phone number was not a working number for days. I finally sent an email to office saying I was going to go to ins co about their office. Person from office finally called me saying how they were understaffed. Made an appt, on day of appt I called just to be sure and there was no appt for me that day. Very unorganized office.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
By far the most ridiculously rude doctor I have ever visited! First, I get a call to come to my appointment 2 hours early... only to sit in the office for nearly 3 hours. Dr. Mallat had the nerve to walk in with an attitude. After I got called back into his office... no greeting, no hi, no hello, nothing welcoming... for someone who is putting money in your pocket. He asked me "Why am I here?"... in the driest tone you can possible think of. Spent all of 3min in his office for him to tell me to
Louis in Dallas, TX – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
While he doesn't have the best bedside manner, this doctor knows what he is doing. He is wanted by so many hospitals to be on their staff so that proves he is very good. I'll take his knowledge and performance over his mannerisms anytime!
MarthaS in Dallas, TX – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I can't speak for his treatments, bc I couldn't get past the first appointment. We walked into his formal office with him on the computer. No eye contact for a minute or two. Quickly asked my symptoms/issues. When I asked a question he told me he doesn't have a magic ball. I get he needs to do procedures to determine what is going on, but considering most of us there are nervous about what is happening even an ounce of care or even a welcome handshake would be nice. Felt like a number.
HJV in Dallas, TX – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
What a bully Dr mallot is.. I would never ever recommend him to anyone
May 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr.Mallat is very knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Mallat takes the time to hear what your needs are. Very good bedside manner. Darrell Harrison
Darrell Harrison in Fort Worth – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I am very impressed with the effeciency and friendliness of his office staff. I was extremely impressed with the knowledge, professionalism, and courtesy Dr Mallat extended to me during my appointments and subsequent surgeries. During my two week follow-up appointment today, Dr Mallat took time to explain his findings and recommendations. I found Dr Mallat very compassionate and genuinely concerned about my health. I highly recommend him for any gastro/intestinal problems!! Dr Mallat is A+!
Lynne E Machado in Burleson – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr Mallat saved my life. Dr in Ftw sent me to Dr Mallat. Dr Mallat has been my Dr for over 18 years. I had become jaundice and Dr in Ftw couldn’t get the stones out. Dr Mallat has performed numerous percedures on me since. I would highly recommended Dr Mallat. Best of the best. Highly intelligent man. Gets straight to the point and tells you what the plan is.
Daniel Peterson in Crowley,Tx – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Mallat for Going on 4 years now!!!!! He is extremely knowledgeable and straight to the business at hand!!! He has helped me get back to a normal life when several other doctors including er doctors could not!!!! Is he sometimes late...yes!!!! Folks he’s a Dr...that’s what they do!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Mallat and hope he can help you like he did me!!!!
Randy – Mar 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. mallat has been my doctor for 15 years he understands and listens about my pain he does not do unnecessary treatments he listens to the person and I will continue to go to Dr. Mallot s moore.
Stacy moore in Dallas tx – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
This guy is so rude and arrogant. Without an exam, he scheduled me for two invasive procedures that were completely unnecessary. He just wants money.
Feb 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
Dr. Mallat really cares about his patients. He took the time to listen to what I had to say and was very straightforward and insightful with his assessment and responses, which I appreciated. He really takes into consideration what his patients are saying. He is extremely knowledgable and was able to recommend a few different treatments for me right off the bat in my first appointment. Very timely and responsive to special circumstances. His staff is dedicated, very friendly, and helpful!
Dallas, Texas – Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
This guy is So Rude and his attitude is so Arrogent . He doesn’t even know what is physician’ etiquette . His manner is horrible. He doesn’t treat you like a human being and doesn’t show any respect to a patient . I would give him - 10 star if there was a option . Do Not Go to him. He is a BAD doctor.
Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?
I’m a patient of Dr. Damien Mallat I just wanted to give him an excellent review for the medical attention that he provided for me since being under his care he performed surgery on my pancreas and did and excellent job In not in so much pain as much I am truly appreciative So Thank You Dr. Mallat and your Staff ...! Sincerely Sylvia Clardy
Sylvia Clardy in Fort Worth,Texas – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Damien Mallat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mallat?

• Gastroenterology

Jersey City Medical Center
1993
Lebanese U Fac Med Scis

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Mallat communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Mallat offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Mallat offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Mallat have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Mallat offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Mallat offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (972) 404-4700