Dr. Dale Wallington, MD

Dr. Dale Wallington, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Resilience Health Care 1216 Farmington Ave Ste 303 West Hartford, CT 06107 Get Directions

I believe in educating my patients about the treatment options available so they can make good decisions for  themselves.

I was raised in Alaska and schooled at Northfield Mount Hermon before Wesleyan, UCONN and Yale prepared me to practice psychiatric medicine for 24 years so far.

Dr. Wallington's Experience

See how Dr. Wallington's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wallington

Dr. Wallington accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Wallington's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wallington to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Wallington's Performance
Windsor, CT |
Dr. Wallington is a wonderful doctor, who cares about his patients and goes the extra mile to make sure they get good care. Dr. Wallington drove me to the Hartford hospital emergency room to make sure I was hospitalized at the IOL as opposed to using an ambulance (from his office) to UCONN medical center. He is amazingly smart and keeps up to date on new medications and other treatments to mental illness. He has always treated me with respect and kindness. I owe him my life.
Hartford CT |
Dr. Wallington is the consummate psychiatric professional. He is a brilliant practitioner who is also down to earth and unbelievably supportive; going to great lengths to care for his patients. As far as I'm concerned, he sets the bar for psychiatric providers in Greater Hartford! This review is given with much gratitude.
Thank you so much. I especially appreciate being lauded for being down to Earth.
Enfield, CT |
Excellent doctor, Dr W is very good at what he does and I would highly recommend him to family and friends. His office staff is very friendly also.
in Simsbury, CT |
Great doctor, very pleasant with a calming demeanor. Looking back over my life I wish I had found Dr Wallington 20 years ago as he gets right to the point and has been 100% correct with his advise.
in Avon, CT |
He was pretty good for a while. However, toward the end upon my terminating treatment with him, he was definitely losing it. He started making snide, inappropriate comments. I was a student taking three courses and working up to forty hours a week. I recall he said something stupid to my mom once, too. He like snottily replied to her and was like, "not really." I'd recommend just going to Uconn in Farmington. Maybe no co-pay and no attitude--problem solved. Private practice is tricky.
I welcome criticism so I can adjust my behavior to optimize our treatment re our treatment relationship. Just tell me what isn't working and I'll adapt. I regret that I was disrespectful to "R". UCONN Farmington does provide good care so I'm pleased "R" is in care there (I don't know which of my former patients this is). Is only One Star really appropriate for the staff and office
in CT |
Due to pharmacy error, I had to contact Dr. Wallington on a Sunday. He responded to my call within hours FROM MEXICO, and helped to straighten out the problem. He has consistently gone above and beyond to help me with my medical issues. Would recommend him in a heartbeat.
in Granby, CT |
EXPERIENCES - Have been a patient for many years He has been very successful at treating my depression and has been highly helpful in assisting me to work with ADD. To add to this, over the past 21 months, we have been facing a grim diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer, stage IV-B. He has been incredibly supportive, helpful, and thoughtful throughout this time. He has become a definite ally as we work through this latest adventure. He gets a 10 out of ten rating on my "WOW**" scale. **WALKS ON WATER
Have you seen Dr. Dale Wallington, MD?

Compare Dr. Wallington

Dr. Wallington says...

Dr. Wallington's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wallington says...

Dale Wallington MD is a solo practitioner of Adult Psychiatry in West Hartford, Connecticut. His office based practice provides psychiatric care and assessment and treatment of substance use disorders including dependence on nicotine, alcohol, opiates and sedative hypnotics through presciption/ administration of medication, collaboration with LADC counselors and intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Dr. Wallington's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Wallington has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wallington's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder

Completed in 1993

Yale University School Of Medicine

Completed in 1990

Wesleyan University

Dr. Wallington does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wallington and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry