Dr. Dale Landry Jr, MD

Dr. Dale Landry Jr, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. Landry grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, where at Louisiana State University he earned a Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Biological Engineering as well as completed his premedical studies. He then went on to earn his medical degree at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. After medical school, he went on to complete an internship and his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Landry chose to undergo additional subspecialty training in the form of a fellowship in spine surgery at The Spine Institute of Arizona in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Landry joined Orthopaedic Associates in September 2015 and is now accepting and actively treating patients with neck as well as back problems.

Orthopaedic Associates

1034 Mar Walt Dr Unit 100

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Dimension Health

Learn about Dr. Landry Jr

Dr. Landry has a conservative approach to neck and back pain and will only recommend surgery as a treatment of last resort. Dr. Landry will maximize a patient’s non-operative treatment utilizing non-narcotic medications, home-based exercise programs, formal physical therapy, chiropractic therapy, acupuncture/dry needling, and targeted injection therapy. When these non-operative modalities fail to provide significant symptom relief, Dr. Landry has an extensive skill set of both minimally invasive as well as traditional techniques to return a patient to their desired level of function. Dr. Landry specializes in the surgical treatment of neck and back pathology utilizing minimally invasive techniques, many of which have not been available in the area until now. Ultimately, his treatment approach is aimed at preventing progression of neurological dysfunction, decreasing a patient’s pain to tolerable levels, and returning a patient to their desired level of function as soon as possible.

Dr. Landry Jr's Experience

Dr. Landry Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Landry Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Head and Neck Conditions

• Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • The Spine Institute Of Arizona
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Landry Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Landry Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Landry Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Landry Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Landry Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Landry Jr to family and friends
Dr. Landry Jr's Performance
in Niceville, FL |
I will definitely recommend Dr. Landry, Jr. to family and friends. He is a kind and considerate man and seems to be very knowledgeable in his field.
in Destin, FL |
Dr. Landry suggested a conservative approach to helping my back and leg pain.. With some degenerative issues involved he recommended 8 weeks of physical therapy to help strengthen the muscles. After 8 weeks his treatment plan was the correct one. I have learned how to avoid situations that aggravate my condition and have learned what exercises help it to improve..
in Niceville, FL |
Doctor Landry is a great surgeon. He is very compassionate & kind. He takes the time to explain & then he follows up with his amazing surgical skills. I'm so grateful to him.
in Panama City, FL |
I am very pleased with the care that I received from Dr Landry. Dr Landry did surgery on my cervical spine on May 19, 2017 and my recovery was amazing. I did not realize the urgency of my surgery but I do now. I highly recommend Dr Landry for anyone who needs surgery. My recovery is miraculous.
in Defuniak Springs, FL |
Wouldn't dream of going to another Dr. Dr. Landry has always taken the time not only to explain everything but to also listen and answer all questions. Dr. Landry performed my fusion last year and I would recommend him to everyone. He's awesome!!!
Destin, FL |
Dr. Landry took a conservative approach with my severe back/leg pain by sending me to PT. When PT did not give me any relief, he next recommended a steroid shot in my L3-L4 region with conscious sedation. The shot was very effective and relieved most of my pain. He was very patient and informative during every one of my office visits.
in Destin, FL |
Dr. Landry is an intelligent surgeon that takes his time with his patients to determine what is going on & the best course of action to take. His bed side manner goes above & beyond for his patients. Very professional & trusting. I went through PT, injections & finally lower back surgery for my degenerative disc disease. Dr. Landry was very informative & made sure I was comfortable with my decision. I've seen Dr. Landry 20x since March 2016 & never second guessed my choice in a surgeon.
My wife waited 1.5 hours to see this Dr. today more than half the time she was isolated in an exam room. No one made the effort to explain the Dr's tardiness. This lack of cocern exhibits what can only be described as arrogance. It certainly does not bode well for the well being of his patients
in Shalimar, FL |
I have seen Dr Landry twice for my back. After the first visit I was sent to physical therapy, this greatly help stabilize my back. Today the Dr. told me the next step would be an injection into my back if the pain is bad enough. I told him I believe I can do without that right now. He is a doctor that allows the patient a lot of input into the care, which I like very much
in Niceville fl |
Dr.landry performed my neck surgery.i am now pain free I am so thankful I had the surgery.thank you dr.landry for giving me back quality of life pain free..
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Anterior and Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (2 day surgery) at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Dr. Landry is/was awesome in every way. Once I got home, my heart rate went up and I went to Sacred Heart ER and was admitted overnight, he came Thanksgiving day to check on me. He is a very caring doctor. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center was wonderful.
in Walton County, FL |
Dr. Landry delivers highly skilled, patient focused care. When conservative therapies were no longer effective, Dr. Landry developed a treatment plan that addressed my spinal defects and the functionality I hoped to regain. He is a compassionate healer from the first consultation to your final recheck. I would recommend this doctor to anyone who believes their spine problems are a lost cause.
in Ft Walton Beach, FL |
I had experienced excruciating back pain for the first time at the age of 35. After my visit, I was informed that I, basically threw my back out. Dr. Landry was amazing and attentive to my needs as a patient. He was clear and thoughtful with walking me through the Dr. speak, and explained it to where I could understand and felt comfortable with understanding it. I highly recommend everyone see Dr. Landry.
in Walton County, FL |
Dr. Landry is a highly skilled, kind and, compassionate surgeon. He does not take unnecessary risks. Reviews all the data available and performs surgery only after more conservative treatments have failed. Dtr. Landry has the ability to calm fears and offer hope to patients struggling with back pain. I would recommend without reservation.
in Freeport, FL |
First impressions are a huge thing for me when it comes to doctors . I've recently started seeing Dr. Landry for my back and I can say, he made me feel like a person, not a number, he was very insightful with information, let me ask 50 thousand questions, and by the end of my appointment, I felt pretty confident with my decision of using him. Even though I'm a new patient, would recommend him to anybody.
in Freeport, FL |
Over the last ten years I have participated numerous non-surgical treatments for my progressively deteriorating lumbar spine. When life slowed to a crawl and daily pain was managing me, my doctor recommended a consult with Dr Landry. Dr. Landry listened, studied my images, gave a thorough exam and discussed treatments as well as risks of spine surgery. He is a highly skilled, patient centered surgeon. From scheduling to recovery, Dr. Landry was there for me every single step of the way!
in Freeport, FL |
Best Dr. we have delt with in 25 years. Great bedside manner, attentive and compassionate care giver. Dr. Landry will sit with you and answer all of your questions. Other Doctors could learn from his great patient care.
in Niceville, FL |
Poor bedside manner. Does not LISTEN to patient, or get full picture, condescending.Claims to want to do the right thing regardless or whether patient is able to accomplish this, so it's not the right thing if patient cannot comply. Too quick to discard other doctor's interpretation of tests and recommendations. He ordered a medication that I had taken regularly years ago and had been ineffective then,and sporadically since then, and still ineffective, but since studies show it work.
Have you seen Dr. Dale Landry Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Landry Jr?

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Sacred Heart Hospital On the Emerald Coast
7800 US Highway 98 W
Miramar Beach, FL 32550

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Landry Jr at Orthopaedic Associates

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist