Dr. Dale Horne, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 61

Dr. Horne
350 Thomas More Pkwy Ste 160 Crestview Hills, KY 41017

Dr. Dale Horne, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Crestview Hills, KY and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Bethesda North Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Horne to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Horne with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Horne's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Horne

3.7

Dr. Horne

Dr. Horn is an excellent surgeon. He spent all the time I wanted and thoroughly explained by condition and the procedure he recommended for me. Dr. Horn is knowledgeable and carefully explains the procedure. He is a caring and compassionate surgeon.
Henry Vinson JD – Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Dr. Horne, has done two surgery one on my neck and another on my lower back. Both surgeries were very successful. All the pain I had is gone Dr. Horne is the best.
Jill in Cincinnati, OH – Jun 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Dr. Horne and his staff were excellent to work with. They helped me get things scheduled and they worked hard to move up my schedule to help get me back to work. Dr. Horne did a great job informing me of what my problem was before surgery and after surgery he was very professional and clear talking with my family. Thank you Scott Cluxton
Scott Cluxton in Georgetown, Ohio – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Back surgery is a scary thing. My first meeting with Dr. Horne, I expected the usual "I can help you and everything is OK". To my surprise, Dr. Horne had actually reviewed the x-rays, MRI, and history prior to my visit, and proceeded to go into detail with me and my wife as to what the actual problem was, how he proposed dealing with it, and detailed the risks involved in the surgery. After surgery, he personally followed up with hospital visit and aftercare instructions, (no intern). A-OK!
Robert Ginter in Wilmington, Ohio – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Dr. Horne did extensive lumbar surgery on me three years ago. This time he helped me avoid surgery by recommending injections and PT. I return to work in a week because of this. Dr. Horne listened to me and took all the time I needed to answer our questions and explain what was happening. Dr. Horne is one of the BEST doctors I've EVER had in my life caring for me and if I need cutting on, I want him and his team doing the work! Kay and Rob are also VERY helpful, caring and understanding!
A Brown in Warsaw, KY – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Honestly, the first time I met Dr. Horne I was a bit disappointed in his 'bedside manner.' He wasn't very friendly and was maybe even a bit sour, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went back to see him again. I'm very glad I did! Not only did the surgery Dr, Horne performed on my back (L4-L5 spinal fusion) work to relieve the daily shots of pain down both legs, I was able to see a side of his personality that was kind, compassionate and very caring. Thank you, Dr. Horne! KF Cincy
Kim in Cincinnati – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Dr. Horne and his surgical team are absolutely amazing, as well as Kay who makes all his appointments.My husband's recovery was unbelievable and all his follow up appts have been GREAT news! WE would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone. We give him an A+++
Dennis & Iris Rasp in Fairfield OH – Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Horne to family friend and anyone else who may inquire. We found Dr. Horne to be extremely thorough in his evaluation and testing. He explained the procedure very well and what to expect following surgery. We found him to be both understanding and compassionate with my spinal history and problems.
Steve Verssen in Cincinnati , Ohio – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Summer 2016, I was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis. Did my homework, Dr. Horne was the obvious choice. We started with conservative measures for a year, until my legs stopped working due to further slippage. Aug. 2017, he performed a 2 stage fusion and I walked out of the hospital 2 days later! I am virtually pain free with a new lease on life. My gratitude and respect for Dr. Horne are immeasurable. Advice..if you want the best help available, see him, answer his questions and listen.
Lori Howell in Milford Ohio – Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
First off let me thank you for giving me my life back! I'm a little over 4 months post op. I would highly recommend Dr. Horne to family and friends. Had a check up today 01/22/2018 and everything is healing great! Thank you again! BTW Kay is great also.
Kimberly Smith in Cincinnati ohio – Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Dr. Horne performed lumbar spine surgery on me for a ruptured disc. He has always been very professional and very friendly to me and my family. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor to perform the surgery on me and treat me after the surgery. I highly recommend him.
Larry Marler in Seven Mile – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Dr Horne is an excellent doctor and neurosurgeon. I have been extremely pleased with the care I have received. I was referred to Dr Horne when I had lumbar spine issues. He works very closely with the patient and is extremely thorough in his diagnosis and treatment. He started with conservative treatment however I have a degenerative condition which ultimately required lumbar spinal fusion. The surgery was a great success. I put my complete trust in Dr Horne.
Veronica in Cincinnati – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
My wife and I were recommended to Mayfield Clinic Dr. Horn she had surgery five years ago and woke up paralyzed and could not talk we went through therapy for 3 1/2 years so she could walk with a cane we We found out she had more tumors after x-rays so we went and seen Dr. Horn we felt very comfortable and very trusted he did the surgery when she woke up she could speak to us myself and all the family was so happy we were on cloud nine I want to thank Dr. Horn and Dr. McPherson thank you
Darrell cole in Milford,Ohio – Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Worst Experience! I went in for a second opinion. I filled out a mountain of paperwork, had all my records sent to him, gave more information to his nurse, yet he NEVER took the time to review any bit of my case. After waiting 2 1/2 hours, he asked me to tell him all the information that was sent to him. He never opened my file. He never put my MRI or X-rays on th screen to discuss and review. Instead, he ordered more tests. Dont schedule an appointment with him. Go elsewhere!
West Chester, OH – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Not only did he misdiagnose me but he was rude! I think he or his staff or his friends are leaving the nice reviews on here. PLEASE be carful everyone of where you go!! Don't go to him- there are so many other neurosurgeons who care and don't make you feel the way Dr. Horne did. I am young and had major back surgery by a wonderful surgeon.... so things do happen for a reason - but seeing Dr Horne was a terrible experience- don't waste your time!!!! Take it from me- go somewhere else.
Fairfield, OH – Oct 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
Amazing Doctor! Very straight forward guy but definitely cares about his patients! He did my surgery May of 2016
Chandra in Salem IN – Apr 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
I too have experienced Dr. Hornes rudeness and uncaring nature. He actually performed a brain surgery on me in 2002. He didnt tell me I was his FIRST Chiari surgery. It would have been nice to know he was tottally guinea pigging me., He was always rude and short, and never listened to what I was trying to say. I was also having akot of lower back issues after the Chiari surgery, but because I didnt opt for surgery right away, he was angry. Went thru nurses fast also,cause he was mean.
Patti in Corydon, Indiana – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
By far the worst, mean, nastiest doctor I have ever seen in my life. He treats patients lifelike are one. He answers no questions. And for you question anything he says he treats you even more poorly than did when in the exam room. Seen this man twice and both times he was so incredibly rude and treated me as I my life didn't matter. Please seek care some where else with a really docool who actually care about. I have worked for many many doctor's none evendors close to as bad as him!!!!
Samantha in Hamilton, OH – Jan 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
I have Chiari malformation and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. I went to Dr. Horne for a second opinion and it was a huge waste of time. Not only was he rude,but he made me feel as if I was a big waste of his time. He told me to do things that other doctors told me never to do. He never looked over my medical history, even though I was on the phone for an hour with his nurse . He was a huge waste of time, and I was being nice with the one star. Not a pleasant experience to say the lea
Q in dayton ohio – Jul 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?
After a failed @ level cervical fusion 3 years prior by a different Neurosurgeon in another city, Dr. Horne was quick to diagnose the problem, treating me with compassion and the utmost respect. He offered a comprehensive second opinion and promised to get to the root of my problem. I appreciate his wilingness to listen and take the time to order further testing, treatments and epidural blocks while finding what the continued problem was. I would highly recommend him.
Beavercreek, OH – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dale Horne, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Horne?
Provider explaining information to patient