Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD

Dr. Bassen
Telehealth services available

Daisy Bassen, M.D.

340 Broadway Providence, RI 02909

Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Providence, RI and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Rochester medical school in 2002. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bassen to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Adolescent Psychiatrists & Pediatric Psychiatrists in your area

See similar Adolescent Psychiatrists & Pediatric Psychiatrists in Providence

Dr. Bassen accepts

Dr. Bassen accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Check Dr. Bassen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bassen's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Schizophrenia
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Bassen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bassen

2.6

Dr. Bassen?
What People Say About Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD
A compassionate, responsive psychiatrist that is very effective and caring. Prompt and detail-oriented. Definitely recommend.
Faith Bradbury – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Very professional and a great doctor. I would recommend to any family who wants a responsible, caring, psychiatrist for their child.
Wilson Douglas – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
We have been seeing Dr Bassen monthly for about 2 years. My daughter (the patient) was not a fan of her bedside manner. In our first appointment we talked about symptoms, prior diagnosis, and our own research (via Mayo Clinic and NAMI). Dr Bassen told us in no uncertain terms that she was the one who graduated med school and we would take what she prescribed or find another doctor. She backed up her recommendations with ample research and shared the information with us, and while it takes time to find the right regimen I believe that she provided us with good care and recommendations despite the abrasive demeanor. However we recently left the practice due to an inflexible policy regarding tardiness. After 2 years of being on time to our monthly appointments, we were late for an appointment (by 12 minutes) due to an environmental factor beyond our control. The doctor refused to see us, and we were told that we would be booked $75 for missing the appointment. Deal breaker.
Perry – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Terrible - will never be back! The glowing reviews are so obviously planted by her staff (who are equally rude) and/or people she begged to help her improve her terrible ratings. Thanks for the laugh. This woman is in the wrong line of work and there was a reason why she was the one psychiatrist we could actually get an appointment for our son with - because she’s awful and clearly has ample time on her hands. She was rude, very condescending, lacks active listening skills, acted like a know-it-all and was disparaging of other professionals who are part of our son’s care team. She must’ve slept through the bedside manner course in med school and lacks emotional intelligence and basic compassion. What a loser. If I were you, I would retire from this profession. Yes we are in a mental health crisis, but what we need more quality providers to provide care - not people like you. Good riddance.
Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. Bassen is an exceptional child psychiatrist and an asset to Rhode Island's children and families. She is brilliant, kind, and effective. If she is firm with her boundaries and office policies, it is because this is absolutely necessary. She has to stay in business in order to continue to serve her patients and those who need her but have not yet gotten in to see her. There is a national mental health crisis due to the shortage of quality child psychiatrists available. Dr. Bassen is a gem.
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. Bassen is exceptional. She is smart, talented and supportive. She answers questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. She sets patients and parents at ease. She is definitely an awesome child psychiatrist
Nicole – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. Bassen is very client focused. She listens and cares about the needs of the client and family. I’d highly recommend her.
Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
No one could be more compassionate and capable than this doctor. She is attentive to detail, experienced with children, and PATIENT with patients/family members. Dr. B. was recommended to us, and we are truly grateful.
Florence R. in Providence, RI – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. Bassen was referred by someone. Being a professional myself with childhood behavior, she dismissed ANYTHING I had to say regarding my child.. Told him to eat dark chocolate or somethimg bad tasting if he.had a bad thought,. no meds except low dose antidepressant. (Which turned out to be the med that.worsened his disorder) I'm not big on meds myself, but sometimes it can help you over the initial hump to adjust and realign yourself and mind, if truly needed
Riverside – Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Started out fine. But within a few appts. very unprofessional. Also schedule issues. On one occasion we had a scheduling conflict at school due to standardized testing. We informed the office ahead of time that we would be 10 min. late and were told to come anyway it was not problem. We drove 30 minutes to see her, arrived as we had told them-10 minutes late, and she refused to see us. She was sitting in her office with no patient. Just wouldn't see us. And charged us a missed appt.
Fall River, MA – Aug 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
I have never delt with a more disorganized practice. They have moved appointments with out letting me, cancelled with out telling me and then proceeded to charge me $75 for "missing appointments." Today i went in at noon for my appointment that the doctor had wrote on a post it for me. They said it was moved and i was informed, which NEVER happened. they are constantly messing up everything and blaming the patient. She even dropped me as a patient once for missing an appointment (proof it's all
Johnston, RI – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
We have been seeing Dr. Bassen for anxiety. She spends <5 minutes with us, going quickly down a list of questions (which my teen felt rushed to answer - "no side effects? Sleeping okay?"). If it weren't a requirement to see a patient to prescribe meds, she might as well email us a survey. I'm glad insurance covered all but $10 of the $100 - and I'm not sure that was even worth it. Unfortunately there is a shortage of mental health professionals (esp psychiatrists) in RI so we're stuck.
May 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
My son has high functioning aspergers. He's seen Dr. Bassen for approx. 2 yrs. She started out supportive but just recently started treating us poorly. She even questioned my parenting and put blame on me almost like she was desperate for answer.She has rushed us on every appointment and seems very agitated lately. After a few appointments like this, coupled with rude comments from her, I decided to fire her. She is NOT an empathetic doctor by any means & treats her appointments like a #.
Ann in RI – Mar 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. & staff are rude & condescending. Final straw: they left a voicemail that my daughter's (patient of 3 yrs) upcoming appointment needed to be rescheduled. We assumed it was cancelled and I had forgotten to call to reschedule. Another VM was left on the day of the original appt. stating we missed the appt. & we owed a $75 no-show fee. I pleaded for a 1-time professional courtesy waiver of the charge due to apparent miscommunication. Dr.unwilling to budge, yet wanted to reschedule apt!!
Wakefield, RI – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
She never new what to do with my son. Everytime we went she always wanted to put him inpatient or partial. At one poiny ahe told us ahe didint know what to do anymore and sent us to a new doctor
East Providence, RI – Sep 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
The others who left bad comments are I believe someone who is out to get Dr. Bassen. She is a wonderful Doctor. She has helped our family tremendously. She may seem to be in a hurry at times, but that is because she probably is! There is a massive shortage of child psychiatrists in RI I believe she is seeing as many people as she can possibly get in. She is a gem of a doctor, probably the best psychiatrist for young people in RI. She is a great doctor, also just a really nice person
Providence RI – May 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Was very rude and condescending. Spoke so incredibly fast that it made it seem she was being inconvenienced by us being there.
Providence, RI – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
A caring, thoughtful, insightful Doctor, who is also has a great sense of humor. My daughter has vastly improved since seeing Dr. Bassen. We have been through the mental health wringer in RI, but she is the best, a real find. Naturally, like all great doctors she is in demand so appointment scheduling can be a little tough and she can get behind leading to some unexpected waits.
Bristol, RI – Apr 28, 2016
Rude. Inconsiderate.
Mar 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
She doesn't listen well at all times. She does not stay consistent with recommendations. She does not the best recall when it comes to recommendations given previously. Her staff are abrupt and cold.
Feb 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bassen?

Learn more about Dr. Bassen at http://www.daisybassenmd.com.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

University Of Rochester
1998
Princeton University

More Information

• Does Dr. Bassen communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bassen communicates via email

• Does Dr. Bassen offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bassen offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Bassen offer an online patient portal?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Bassen have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bassen has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Bassen offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bassen offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Bassen offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bassen offers evening visits