Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Female

Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD
Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Providence, RI. She is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

Dr. Bassen's Care Philosophy

Learn more about Dr. Bassen at http://www.daisybassenmd.com.

Dr. Bassen's Experience

See how Dr. Bassen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bassen

Dr. Bassen accepts 2 insurance carriers

Dr. Bassen is now accepting new patients

Dr. Bassen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bassen to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Bassen's Performance
    FAIR
Fall River, MA |
Started out fine. But within a few appts. very unprofessional. Also schedule issues. On one occasion we had a scheduling conflict at school due to standardized testing. We informed the office ahead of time that we would be 10 min. late and were told to come anyway it was not problem. We drove 30 minutes to see her, arrived as we had told them-10 minutes late, and she refused to see us. She was sitting in her office with no patient. Just wouldn't see us. And charged us a missed appt.
Johnston, RI |
I have never delt with a more disorganized practice. They have moved appointments with out letting me, cancelled with out telling me and then proceeded to charge me $75 for "missing appointments." Today i went in at noon for my appointment that the doctor had wrote on a post it for me. They said it was moved and i was informed, which NEVER happened. they are constantly messing up everything and blaming the patient. She even dropped me as a patient once for missing an appointment (proof it's all
We have been seeing Dr. Bassen for anxiety. She spends <5 minutes with us, going quickly down a list of questions (which my teen felt rushed to answer - "no side effects? Sleeping okay?"). If it weren't a requirement to see a patient to prescribe meds, she might as well email us a survey. I'm glad insurance covered all but $10 of the $100 - and I'm not sure that was even worth it. Unfortunately there is a shortage of mental health professionals (esp psychiatrists) in RI so we're stuck.
in RI |
My son has high functioning aspergers. He's seen Dr. Bassen for approx. 2 yrs. She started out supportive but just recently started treating us poorly. She even questioned my parenting and put blame on me almost like she was desperate for answer.She has rushed us on every appointment and seems very agitated lately. After a few appointments like this, coupled with rude comments from her, I decided to fire her. She is NOT an empathetic doctor by any means & treats her appointments like a #.
Wakefield, RI |
Dr. & staff are rude & condescending. Final straw: they left a voicemail that my daughter's (patient of 3 yrs) upcoming appointment needed to be rescheduled. We assumed it was cancelled and I had forgotten to call to reschedule. Another VM was left on the day of the original appt. stating we missed the appt. & we owed a $75 no-show fee. I pleaded for a 1-time professional courtesy waiver of the charge due to apparent miscommunication. Dr.unwilling to budge, yet wanted to reschedule apt!!
East Providence, RI |
She never new what to do with my son. Everytime we went she always wanted to put him inpatient or partial. At one poiny ahe told us ahe didint know what to do anymore and sent us to a new doctor
Providence RI |
The others who left bad comments are I believe someone who is out to get Dr. Bassen. She is a wonderful Doctor. She has helped our family tremendously. She may seem to be in a hurry at times, but that is because she probably is! There is a massive shortage of child psychiatrists in RI I believe she is seeing as many people as she can possibly get in. She is a gem of a doctor, probably the best psychiatrist for young people in RI. She is a great doctor, also just a really nice person
Providence, RI |
Was very rude and condescending. Spoke so incredibly fast that it made it seem she was being inconvenienced by us being there.
Bristol, RI |
A caring, thoughtful, insightful Doctor, who is also has a great sense of humor. My daughter has vastly improved since seeing Dr. Bassen. We have been through the mental health wringer in RI, but she is the best, a real find. Naturally, like all great doctors she is in demand so appointment scheduling can be a little tough and she can get behind leading to some unexpected waits.
Rude. Inconsiderate.
She doesn't listen well at all times. She does not stay consistent with recommendations. She does not the best recall when it comes to recommendations given previously. Her staff are abrupt and cold.
Have you seen Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Are you Dr. Bassen?

Compare Dr. Bassen

Dr. Bassen's Care Philosophy

Learn more about Dr. Bassen at http://www.daisybassenmd.com.

Dr. Bassen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Rhode Island not available

Dr. Bassen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bassen's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Bradley Hosp/Brown U

Completed in 2008

Princeton University

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Bassen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bassen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Family Psychotherapy