Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 43

Dr. Bassen

Daisy Bassen, M.D.

340 Broadway Providence, RI 02909

Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Providence, RI and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from University Of Rochester in 2002 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and adult psychiatry.

Dr. Bassen accepts

Dr. Bassen accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Rhode Island

Check Dr. Bassen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bassen's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Schizophrenia
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Learn more about Dr. Bassen at http://www.daisybassenmd.com.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

2.4

Dr. Bassen?
Dr. Bassen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD
Dr. Bassen is very client focused. She listens and cares about the needs of the client and family. I’d highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
No one could be more compassionate and capable than this doctor. She is attentive to detail, experienced with children, and PATIENT with patients/family members. Dr. B. was recommended to us, and we are truly grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. Bassen was referred by someone. Being a professional myself with childhood behavior, she dismissed ANYTHING I had to say regarding my child.. Told him to eat dark chocolate or somethimg bad tasting if he.had a bad thought,. no meds except low dose antidepressant. (Which turned out to be the med that.worsened his disorder) I'm not big on meds myself, but sometimes it can help you over the initial hump to adjust and realign yourself and mind, if truly needed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Started out fine. But within a few appts. very unprofessional. Also schedule issues. On one occasion we had a scheduling conflict at school due to standardized testing. We informed the office ahead of time that we would be 10 min. late and were told to come anyway it was not problem. We drove 30 minutes to see her, arrived as we had told them-10 minutes late, and she refused to see us. She was sitting in her office with no patient. Just wouldn't see us. And charged us a missed appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
I have never delt with a more disorganized practice. They have moved appointments with out letting me, cancelled with out telling me and then proceeded to charge me $75 for "missing appointments." Today i went in at noon for my appointment that the doctor had wrote on a post it for me. They said it was moved and i was informed, which NEVER happened. they are constantly messing up everything and blaming the patient. She even dropped me as a patient once for missing an appointment (proof it's all
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
We have been seeing Dr. Bassen for anxiety. She spends <5 minutes with us, going quickly down a list of questions (which my teen felt rushed to answer - "no side effects? Sleeping okay?"). If it weren't a requirement to see a patient to prescribe meds, she might as well email us a survey. I'm glad insurance covered all but $10 of the $100 - and I'm not sure that was even worth it. Unfortunately there is a shortage of mental health professionals (esp psychiatrists) in RI so we're stuck.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
My son has high functioning aspergers. He's seen Dr. Bassen for approx. 2 yrs. She started out supportive but just recently started treating us poorly. She even questioned my parenting and put blame on me almost like she was desperate for answer.She has rushed us on every appointment and seems very agitated lately. After a few appointments like this, coupled with rude comments from her, I decided to fire her. She is NOT an empathetic doctor by any means & treats her appointments like a #.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Dr. & staff are rude & condescending. Final straw: they left a voicemail that my daughter's (patient of 3 yrs) upcoming appointment needed to be rescheduled. We assumed it was cancelled and I had forgotten to call to reschedule. Another VM was left on the day of the original appt. stating we missed the appt. & we owed a $75 no-show fee. I pleaded for a 1-time professional courtesy waiver of the charge due to apparent miscommunication. Dr.unwilling to budge, yet wanted to reschedule apt!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
She never new what to do with my son. Everytime we went she always wanted to put him inpatient or partial. At one poiny ahe told us ahe didint know what to do anymore and sent us to a new doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
The others who left bad comments are I believe someone who is out to get Dr. Bassen. She is a wonderful Doctor. She has helped our family tremendously. She may seem to be in a hurry at times, but that is because she probably is! There is a massive shortage of child psychiatrists in RI I believe she is seeing as many people as she can possibly get in. She is a gem of a doctor, probably the best psychiatrist for young people in RI. She is a great doctor, also just a really nice person
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
Was very rude and condescending. Spoke so incredibly fast that it made it seem she was being inconvenienced by us being there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
A caring, thoughtful, insightful Doctor, who is also has a great sense of humor. My daughter has vastly improved since seeing Dr. Bassen. We have been through the mental health wringer in RI, but she is the best, a real find. Naturally, like all great doctors she is in demand so appointment scheduling can be a little tough and she can get behind leading to some unexpected waits.
Rude. Inconsiderate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?
She doesn't listen well at all times. She does not stay consistent with recommendations. She does not the best recall when it comes to recommendations given previously. Her staff are abrupt and cold.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daisy Bassen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bassen?