Dr. Dahlia Irby, MD

Dr. Dahlia Irby, MD

Neurology  |

Dr. Dahlia Irby, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Turnersville, NJ. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

Kennedy Health Alliance

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Irby

Video

See how frequently Dr. Irby performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Tremor
Headache

Dr. Irby's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Irby "After earning her medical degree from Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Dr. Dahlia J. Irby completed her internal medicine internship at Lankenau Hospital in Wynnewood, PA. She completed her residency in neurology at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA, where she also completed her clinical neurophysiology fellowship in 2002.

Dr. Irby has been practicing general neurology in private practice since 2002, most recently with her own practice, Comprehensive Neurology Services. In addition to practicing general neurology in the private practice setting, Dr. Irby also holds faculty appointments in hospitals throughout South Jersey, including Kennedy University Hospital in Washington Township and Inspira in Vineland.

Dr. Irby has contributed research in the area of Alzheimer's disease to publications including the American Journal of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias."

• Neurology

Dr. Irby does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ataxia
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Spina Bifida
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Georgetown University
  • Medical College Of Pennsylvania
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Medical College Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Irby has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Irby has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Irby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Irby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Irby to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Irby's Performance
Sicklerville, NJ |
Came off as a professional pill pusher and nasty. Came in looking for answers. Instead, she screamed at the computer and cell phone while telling me the wrong patient chart was on the screen. When she found out I am a lawyer, she was even nastier. After ten minutes, she told me my issue is not what I thought, but never suggested a possible problem. Then stated if she could not prescribe me narcotic medications not to come back. I will be contacting BOME. Good luck!
in Pitman, NJ |
I'm pretty surprised by all these negative reviews, because I found Irby and her office staff to be helpful and friendly. I waited maybe five minutes for every appointment I've had. I switched to Irby because I was unhappy about the brusque treatment from my previous neurologist, and I found her to be kind, frank, and a perfectly competent neurologist.
Williamstown, NJ |
Rude, insensitive, robotic
She has no clue what she is saying how can she be called a "neurologist"? The wait time was 2 and a half hours, yes you read that right 2 and a half hours for mediocre care that a primary care doc can do. I called Kennedy to complain but they don't even have a customer service line. They also charged my insurance for not waiting for 2 and a half hours will be sending a insurance fraud tip to my insurance. Kennedy health alliance is one of the worst heal systems out there.
Washington Township |
Dr. Irby's demeanor is unprofessional to a point where It's almost inconceivable that someone would employ her let alone allow her to work with patients. I can absolutely attest to the validity of the poor reviews of her on this site. I generally would feel that the only criticism here should be that of professional, but Dr. Irby's character deserves far worse than that. During a visit one can expect Dr Irby to be egregiously late, abrupt, rude, unhelpful,and more often that not just plain mean
in Mullica Hill, NJ |
I've read the posted reviews about Dr. Irby and either I'm sicker than I thought or those people need to be on stronger meds. This woman made my day. I was so scarred going to a neuro doctor, not knowing what to expect. She was such a soothing, caring person. She was patient, understanding, and encouraging. Looking forward to our next meeting. Stella M
Sewell, NJ |
Dr. Irby is an extremely incompetent physcsian, she does not evaluate the real problem in which the patient is being seen for. I'm not sure what Medical School she blew through, however; she should think of a new career choice. Dr. Irby does not listen to problems or concerns of the patient. Makes rude and condescending comments. I believe she is there for the salary, it is clear she lacks confidence in her specialty. She uses a database to check prescriptions unlawfully. Wait time 2 hours.
Dr. Irby has a terrible bedside manner. I felt as if she was present but not interested in what I had to say or how I felt. She seemed "robotic" in her approach to treatments. She abruptly left the visit without a "have a nice day" or "nice to meet you" I don't recommend her to anyone.
in Woodbury, NJ |
You don't know who you are going to get when you visit Dr Irby..It might be Dr Jykell or Dr Hyde. She was my physician and my Sons. It was our first time being there and it was our first appointment. We was a little late finding them. She was angry and went off. It did not stop there. I was with my Son at his appointment and like us mothers do at times we answer questions for our children (younger and older) she was very nasty with me. I understand her not wanting me to answer. Be NICE.
in Stratfrord, NJ |
horrific bedside manor. Diagnosed my mother with early Alzheimers and proceeded to tell her that she was stupid for someone with a masters degree. Didn't offer any resources for help and gave no insight as to what the next step would be besides prescribing medication. Completely awful experience during a time when we needed guidance.
Woodbury, NJ |
Waited 2 and a half hours and walked out (we were told it would be at least another half hour). NEVER again!
Have you seen Dr. Dahlia Irby, MD?
Are you Dr. Irby?