Dr. Dafnis C. Carranza, MD

Dr. Dafnis C. Carranza, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dermatology/Skin Cancer Cnsltnt 701 Medical Park Dr, Humboldt, TN 38343 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Carranza's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Carranza's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Dermatologynull

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Carranza

Dr. Carranza accepts 16 insurance carriers

16 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Carranza has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Carranza

Dr. Carranza's Review Details
      3.9 based on 15 responses
      Experience with Dr. Carranza
      Dr. Carranza's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (15)
      Dr. Carranza says

Dr Carranza, Recently I visited Reelfoot Arts Festival. While there I talked to some friends that I hadn't seen in several months. They were discussing my new hair style. One person commented that the new style made me look younger. My question is, was it my hair or was it the work you did on my face with BellaFill? Thanks a million for a more youthful appearance that you gave me!

Love, LR

"Doctor Carranza:

"I wanted to thank you and your staff, as we together (all of you and myself) work through my many skin problems.

"The feeling of confidence you and your staff give, the feeling of reassurance you and your staff provide, the atmosphere of simple pleasantness continually shown by you and your staff, the professionalism of you and your staff is relaxing and comforting.

"It is rare that a patient feels or sees a benefit before the actually healing, and those of us who face things we have never faced before in our lives are blessed beyond our being able to even state verbally to you and your staff.

"All from the moment we are greeted coming thru the front door, ushered into the hall way to a treatment room, then on to the waiting room, where even there you are thinking of our comfort.

"Few offices make the leaving an enjoyable experience, but once again it is as if you entire staff has gone through a Dale Carnegie Sales program.

"My being from management before my retirement, I understand well that a person in marketing is told that the first impression and the last impression are the most important, they are the first and last impression of any experience.

"Few realize - as it is always what is remembered by the object or person of the point of treatment or recipient of a service or as in your case - a treatment and / or procedure.

"As to the procedures and the kind comments given even as we get ready to leave, all a good experience.

"I thank you Doctor and all of your staff as well.

"From the top of my head that is sore right now (while healing) to my bottom of my heart again thank you."

Blessings, LS

"Dear Mrs. Lewis,

"Through much research and trial and error, I have been able to identify; from the results of the Little Rock patch tests results; the ingredients in the products I use. At first I had to use the ProTopic once a week, then 10 days, then 2 weeks, and right now I have not used it in almost 4 weeks with NO rash, anywhere. I gradually added back some of the "possible" causes, and have done well.

"The 2 worst causes are; phenoxyethanol and cocamidopropyl betaine!

"I cannot thank you enough for getting right down to finding out the source of my 1 1/2 year rash, by doing a biopsy the first day I came to your office, then sending me to Little Rock, where I was tested with 95 patches, 40 of which were from my own products.

"I was really getting in a mess, and it feels great to have a normal life back!!"

JB, Milan Tn.

"Dr. Carranza thank you so much for doing what you did for me. Providing me with free medication. Otherwise I would not have been in a situation to buy. God bless you and again thank you"

L. R.

"We are so happy you chose Humboldt to move your business to. Have a great year. We hear very good reports from our friends and neighbors, we needed you"

S and DC M

"Couldn't let the year pass without letting you know how wonderful you have been to both John and I. Your staff is tops! May you have a great New Year also see you in Feb! Our love and best wishes always"

J&C Cole

"Dr. Carranza, I wanted to thank you for the excellent care you have given me. Over the last several years I have seen numerous Doctors for my heart problems and fibromyalgia, many of them have forgotten or maybe never knew how to treat patients as a person and not a paycheck. Your caring manner and your thoroughness in explaining things is very reassuring. The surgery you performed on my back yesterday was the most gentle procedure I have had done where a needle was involved. In addition I have seen 2 other dermatologist on the dry patches on my palms and none of their methods worked. Yours did in just a few days. Again, I say thank you."

Patient - CM

I believe that Humboldt & the surrounding area is very fortunate to have this clinic in our area. I saw Dr. Lucas & was well pleased with the care & concern that I received. I have already recommended her & the staff about the care that you receive. Thanks again to everyone that is involved at this clinic. Keep up the great work!

Patient - BB

Thanks for providing such a clean facility, professional and kind staff and excellent medical care!

Patient - KS

Pleasant and practically painless procedure. I will definitely use this clinic for all of my dermatology needs and will tell others about your excellent services.

Patient - SW

"Everyone at the office was very helpful. The atmosphere was very comfortable. Dr. Carranza listened to all my concerns and diagnosed my problem. She explained all the symptoms and proper treatment. After just two weeks of treatment I can tell a difference. I would highly recommend Dr. Carranza to anyone needing a dermatologist."

Patient - DH

"DR. Carranza has a glowing personality and makes you feel right at home while she is treating you."

Patient - JV

"It's great to have a quality business such as Dermatology and Skin Cancer Associates right here in the small city of Humboldt. No need to go to Jackson or Memphis for quality care."

Patient - JE

"Dr. Lucas was extremely caring and courteous. She made sure to address each of my long list of concerns. I will defiantly come back again if I need any dermatology help."

Patient - JC

"It was nice to see someone who seem concerned about my needs and took care of them promptly and with respect!"

Patient - SS

"Couldn't have asked for a better experience."

Patient - NC

"I was very pleased with my visit. The staff was extremely courteous and Dr. Lucas explained in detail her findings and the treatment plan. I will return to their clinic for future needs."

Patient - BC

"I was very impressed with Dr. Carranza's level of concern for me. She even sent an e-mail at midnight to follow up on our conversation. I have NEVER had another doctor make that level of effort."

Patient - KM

"I wanted to tell you again how much I appreciate the fine work you did on my ear. I have had several comments on how unnoticeable it would be to someone who didn't know about my surgery."

Patient - J.W.

"Thank you so much for working me in to your schedule last Tuesday. I could still be waiting and worrying!

"I appreciate your sharing your expertise not only with me but with my readers as well. I'm hearing positive comments. I trust you are too."

Patient - G

"Thank you for the care I received during and after my aunt's surgery. You and your staff made me feel very comfortable during a stressful situation.

"The Jackson area is fortunate to have you in our community. Welcome to TN!

"God bless you, your nurses and other staff members. I wish all of you sunshine and joy today!"

Patient - C.W.

"Dr. Carranza is very thorough and considerate. She takes time to make sure all questions are answered. Always makes me feel comfortable."

Patient – C.R.

"Dr. Carranza, Thank you so much for the care and professional way you have treated me and my family during this experience. You have made a very unpleasant experience more pleasant. Thanks so much!"

Patient – J.S.

"Dear Dr. Carranza, Thank you for all you've done for me. Your skill and caring put my worries to rest and I will always be grateful."

Patient – R.B.

"Dr. Carranza, We had to get you something for Valentine's Day because you have got the biggest heart, care & compassion for your patients. We are truly grateful for you!"

Patient – S.F.

"Dr. Carranza, I just wanted to thank you and all the crew that has helped me so much. All of you are the greatest. We are so lucky to have someone like you here. I hope all of you have the best and happiest Christmas and a wonderful New Year. You have sure helped make mine much better. May God bless you all."

Patient – J.D.

"Although we scheduled our appointment before the clinic even opened, I was contacted in a very professional manner to get everything arranged. Great first week. My Dad is 86 years old and he was treated with much respect and great care. It was a very good experience for both of us. We could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you to Dr. Carranza and the entire staff."

-Patient

Dr. Lucas is awesome. She is informative every step of the way. None better."

Patient - RT

"I had a wonderful experience. I was a little hesitant about coming with the amount of sun damage I had. My experience exceeded my expectations. Our two year old daughter had to come to the appointment with me, the staff was so very welcoming and kind to her. They took plenty of time with me and answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable throughout my whole appointment."

Patient - SB

"Dr. Carranza,

"I meant to email you last week about my experience when I came to visit your clinic as a patient last Thursday afternoon, but time got away from me. In short, the service I received was exceptional, and you and your team deserve to be commended.

"When I scheduled my appointment, originally, I was not going to be able to get in until July, which isn't ideal when there's a spot of concern. But the scheduler took the time to review the calendar for cancellations and noticed an open spot for me the same day. In fact, it was less than four hours from my phone call until I checked out. In and of itself, that is remarkable.

"Once I arrived, the check-in process was friendly and efficient. And though it may seem like a minor detail, the fact that the nurse approached me and let me know it was time to come back to the exam room rather than simply announcing my last name made the visit feel very personalized – to be honest, I've already stolen that detail and am starting to use it in my facility. Truly, it's the little things that count.

"Jeannie Lewis handled my visit and biopsy, and she seems to be a treasure. She was equally concerned about my odd nose spot and still lighthearted enough where potentially getting a cancer diagnosis didn't seem like such a downer (epilogue: my biopsy came back normal). She worked well and quickly, and the office staff had me in and out in under 30 minutes. I don't think I can get a pizza that fast anymore.

"Overall, my experience at your clinic was great, and because I know we usually only hear the bad things, I wanted you to hear from someone who had a much different story. Please feel free to share my email with others in your group who participated in my care and deserve a pat on the back. Also, you can be sure I am going to share my story with friends and colleagues, so I hope I can help to grow what is already a great practice.

J. Neal Rager, CMPE Administrator Physicians Surgery Center

Have you seen Dr. Carranza?

Compare Dr. Carranza

• Dermatology

Why It Matters: Dr. Carranza's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
      • Acne
      • Actinic Keratosis
      • Athlete's Foot
      • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
      • Basal Cell Carcinoma
      • Lichen Planus
      • Lipomas
      • Lyme Disease
      • Melanoma
      • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
      • Nail Diseases

• Skin Surgery
      • Venous Sclerotherapy
      • Wart Removal
      • Wart Treatment

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles

Completed in 2008

UCLA

Graduated in 1997

×

Dr. Carranza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
      • Board certified in Dermatology
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Carranza

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Carranza's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Carranza

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Carranza says...

Dr. Carranza moved to Jackson in 2008 and became the first fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgeon to practice in this area. She has years of dermatologic surgical experience and has performed thousands of Mohs cases.

She was raised in Los Angeles California and attended UCLA where she earned a bachelor's degree in physiological sciences. At graduation she was awarded the Chancellor Service Award for her commitment to community service. She obtained her medical degree from the prestigious David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA where she was recognized with the Edith and Carl Lasky Memorial Award for excellence in melanoma research. She continued her education at UCLA where she completed a dermatology residency and served as chief resident. After residency she obtained additional surgical training by completing a Mohs micrographic surgery fellowship at UCLA. She is a fellow of the American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery. For her continued dedication to serving others in 2009 she was awarded the President of United States Volunteer Service Award.

Dr. Carranza has received numerous honors and awards for her contribution to the field of Dermatology and Dermatologic surgery. She has been published multiple times in peer-reviewed medical journals, book chapters and has been invited to give presentations at academic dermatologic meetings in the US and abroad.

Dr. Carranza takes pride in providing excellent service and dermatologic care to her patients. She treats patients for all skin related conditions, and specializes in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Carranza also has extensive experience with various cosmetic procedures including fillers, Botox, chemical peels, and sclerotherapy. Dr. Carranza is an expert consultant for Neutrogena, and has helped with the development and implentation of the state-of-the-art acne skin line SkinID.

For her work in dermatology and Mohs surgery she was recognized in Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, 2011-2012 and was voted one of America's Top Dermatologist in 2010 and 2011 by the Consumer's Research Council of America.

Dr. Carranza is married, when she is not working she enjoys watching movies, hiking, traveling and spending time with her family

Dr. Carranza's Care Philosophy

Dermatology and Skin Cancer Consultants, PLLC is dedicated to the highest quality of care for its patients. This mission requires a dynamic organization which embodies excellence in patient care and education, adherence to strict ethical standards, and a keen responsiveness to our patients' needs. In essence, we exist to serve others.

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery
      • Preventive Skin Exam and Mole Check
      • Minimally Invasive Skin Surgery
      • Botox for Wrinkles
      • Fillers for Lines & Wrinkles
      • Chemical Peels
      • Skin Care Products
      • Xtrac Laser for Psoriasis
      • Photodynamic therapy for sun damanged skin
      • Patch Testing for Allergic Skin Conditions

WORK EXPERIENCE

The Jackson Clinic P.A., Jackson TNDermatology and Mohs Micrographic Surgery, 8/2008-8/2011

TRAINING

University of California, Los AngelesMohs Micrographic Surgery & Procedural Dermatology Fellow

• Trained in Mohs micrographic surgery, surgical reconstruction, lasers, and various cosmetic procedures including botox, fillers, peels and sclerotherapy

University of California, Los AngelesDermatology Residency

University of California, Los AngelesB.S. Physiological Sciences

• UCLA Chancellors Service Award
      • Golden Key National Honor Society Lifetime Member

RESEARCH

UCLA Department of Internal Medicine Division of Dermatology,Michael S. Kolodney, M.D., Ph.D.Medical Student Research Scholar

• Investigated potential mechanisms by which RhoGTPases stimulate melanoma cell metastasis

UCLA Department of Family Medicine and Center for the Study of Latino Health and Culture,Michael Wada, M.D., M.P.H., David Hayes-Bautista, Ph.D.Researcher

• Needs assessment research to determine barriers in obtaining health care services for the medically underserved community of Central City Garment District and Pico Union

PUBLICATIONS

• Ke M., Moul D., Camouse M., Avram M., Carranza D., Soriano T., Lask G. Where Is It? The Utility of Biopsy-Site Photography. Dermatologic Surgery. 2010;36:198-202.
      • Carranza D., Young L. Successful Treatment of Metastatic Chron's Disease with Cyclosporine. J Drugs Dermatol, 2008 Aug;7(8):789-91.
      • Carranza D., Chiu M., Haley J. Facial Porokeratosis. SKINMed 2008 Jan-Feb;7(1):51-52.
      • Soriano T., Beynet D., Carranza D. Laser Hair Removaln in Darker Racial Ethnic Groups, in Grimes PE et al. Aesthetics and Cosmetic Surgery for Darker Skin Types, Philadelphia: Lippincott;2008:303-309.
      • Carranza D. Warts:New Solutions to an Old Problem. The Dermatology Report Summer 2007;1(1):26-29.
      • Iyer S., Carranza D., Kolodney M., Macgregor D., Chipps L., Soriano T. Evaluation of Procollagen I Deposition After Intense Pulsed Light Treatments at Varying Parameters in a Porcine Model. Journal of Cosmetic Laser Therapy 2007 Jun;9(2):75-8.
      • Collison E.A., Carranza D., Chen I.Y., Kolodney M.S. Isoprenylation is Necessary for the Full Invasive Potential of RhoA Over Expression in Human Melanoma Cells. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 2002 Nov;119(5):1172-6.

LECTURES & PRESENTATIONS

• The Most Common Cancer. Jackson-Madison County General Hospital Grand Rounds. Jackson, Tennessee. May 2009.
      • Diagnosis and Treatment Options for Papillomata Seen in Costello Syndrome. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas. February 2008.
      • Fractional Photothermolysis For Melasma In Women with Skin Types IV-VI. 21st World Congress of Dermatology. Buenos Aires, Argentina. October 2007.
      • Where Is It? The Utility of Biopsy-Site Photography. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL. October 2007.
      • Multiple Hereditary Glomangiomas. California Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting. Monterey, CA. September 2007; The LA Metropolitan Dermatological Society University Meeting. Los Angeles, CA. May 2007.
      • Introduction to Dermatology. UCLA School of Dentistry. Los Angeles, CA. April 2007.
      • Vulvar Neoplasms. UCLA Dermatology Grand Rounds. Los Angeles, CA. February 2007.
      • Facial Porokeratosis. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C. February 2007; California Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA. September 2006.
      • Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C February 2007.
      • Autologous Platelet Concentrate in Granulating Defects of the Lower Extremities Following Mohs Micrographic Surgery. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C. February 2007; ACMMSCO Annual Meeting. Scottsdale, AZ. April 2006.
      • Acute Hemorrhagic Edema of Infancy and Disseminated MAC Infection. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA. March 2006.
      • Costello Syndrome. The Los Angeles Metropolitan Dermatological Society University Meeting. Los Angeles, CA. February 2006.
      • Primary Cicatricial Alopecias. UCLA Dermatology Grand Rounds. LA, CA. September 2005.
      • Acute Hemorrhagic Edema of Infancy. Pacific Dermatologic Association Annual Meeting. Vancouver, BC, Canada. August 2005.
      • Parasitic Infections in Dermatology. UCLA Dermatology Grand Rounds. LA, CA. May 2005.
      • Diffuse Epidermolytic Palmoplantar Keratoderma. The Los Angeles Metropolitan Dermatological Society University Meeting. Los Angeles, CA. November 2004.
      • Signaling Through Rho GTPases Mediates Spongiotic Change. The Society for Investigative Dermatology. Los Angeles, CA. May 2002.
      • A Comparison of RhoA and RhoC on the Melanoma Cell Cytoskeleton. The Minority Trainee Research Forum. San Diego, CA. March 2002.
      • The Effect of RhoA on the Melanoma Cell Cytoskeleton. Mt. Sinai School of Medicine Advances in Medical and Surgical Dermatology Symposium. New York, NY. December 2001.
      • Treatment of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome with IV IgG. The Los Angeles Metropolitan Dermatological Society University Meeting. Los Angeles, CA. October 2001.

OTHER HONORS & AWARDS

• Leadership Circle for Volunteerism, American Academy of Dermatology, 2008
      • 21st World Congress of Dermatology Scholarship Recipient, 2007
      • Chilean Society of Dermatology and Venereology Scholarship Recipient, 2007
      • Skin Disease Education Foundation Education Award Recipient, 2007
      • American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting Scholarship Recipient, 2006
      • ASDS Dermatologic Surgery Preceptorship Award Recipient, 2006
      • Women's Dermatologic Society Renewal Retreat Resident Scholarship Recipient, 2006
      • Hispanic Scholarship Fund Recipient, 2000 & 2001
      • UCLA SOM Representative for AMSA National Leadership Training Program, 1999

Love, LR

"Doctor Carranza:

"I thank you Doctor and all of your staff as well.

Blessings, LS

"Dear Mrs. Lewis,

"The 2 worst causes are; phenoxyethanol and cocamidopropyl betaine!

JB, Milan Tn.

Patient - JV

Patient - JE

Patient - JC

Patient - SS

"Couldn't have asked for a better experience."

Patient - NC

Patient - BC

Patient - KM

Patient - J.W.

Patient - G

"The Jackson area is fortunate to have you in our community. Welcome to TN!

Patient - C.W.

Patient – C.R.

Patient – J.S.

Patient – R.B.

Patient – S.F.

Patient – J.D.

-Patient

Dr. Lucas is awesome. She is informative every step of the way. None better."

Patient - RT