Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male

Dr. Kim

Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Seattle, WA and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University Of Chicago / Pritzker School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kim accepts

Dr. Kim accepts the following insurance:

Ameritas
Ameritas PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
HealthSmart
Premera Blue Cross
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Kim's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Scoliosis as Part of Neurofibromatosis
  • Scoliosis With Unilateral Unsegmented Bar
  • Spinal Instability
  • Split Spinal Cord Malformation
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
high

Dr. Kim performs Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy) more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Kim performs this procedure more than 84% of his peers

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Kim?
Dr. Kim's Performance
What People Say About Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD
Super doctor with a view to all health systems. His specialty as a neurosurgeon takes priority, but he is a manager of overall health concerns. He made neck and back surgery as easy as possible. But, he also oversaw hip replacement by contacting an orthopedic and arranging surgery, a preliminary shot and X-rays. He explained and showed MRIs that were needed to show my particular problems. He is pleasant, conversational and focused on what he does. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Excellent &approachable,he came highly recommended, I concu. He first gave me copies of my MRI, explained them & the proposed surgery options in detail. He carefully reviewed the MRI images on his larger viewing system and called with results. He gave my PCP details of options, which helped me decide between him and an orthopedic surgeon. Office and MA are easy to reach and make appts. Leg and back pain gone, and I am optimistic. After a longer than expected recovery, I am regaining strength.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
I was recommended to see Dr. Kim by another neurologist for a spinal fusion. Dr. Kim is very nice and comfortingly direct about the procedure. My surgery was quite successful. I have had absolutely no pain in my left side whereas I had continual chronic pain for several years prior to the surgery. My care at Swedish was excellent and my recovery was as expected. Pain for a few days and I was able to walk without pain quickly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Very happy with my spinal fusion surgery. All the pain is gone. I couldn't ask for a more successful ourcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
He's the best!! I had back surgery in November at Swedish. I appreciated each time I saw him. He always took as much time with me as I needed. He is a down to earth, friendly doctor--who knows his stuff!! So glad I was referred to him, and if I ever need surgery again--you bet, he will be the surgeon I will call!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is outstanding! He is approachable, patient and explains everything well. His surgical skills are exemplary. Because of 2 separate and worsening spine conditions in 2018, surgical interventions were the only remedies. Because I've needed 2 prior cervical fusions, I am very careful in choosing a dr. After discussing my recent situations with 2 other surgeons, I chose Dr. Kim and am so thankful for my excellent outcomes after my serious spine challenges!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
I am grateful for Dr. Kim's professionalism in presenting me with factual information about my pending lower back surgery and for his expertise in carrying out a most successful surgical procedure. I had endured several months of progressively increasing chronic pain in the upper and lower regions of my left leg whereby becoming close to being immobile. I am now at day 30 of post-op and I am very close to being pain-free. I highly recommend Dr. Kim to anyone with spinal complications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
I am an active 78 year old and during 2018 Dr. Kim performed two complex surgeries on my cervical and lumbar spine. In both cases I am very pleased with the final results. The recovery has been rapid and I am relieved of all pain, stiffness and soreness. It has truly been a very positive experience! Dr. Kim is an excellent Neurosurgeon and really cares about his patients. His staff was always available to address any questions or concerns. They are exceptional! I highly recommend Dr. Kim
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Great results from Micro-discectomy L3/L4 on 8/24/2018. My left foot has dropped from nerve damage. It is returning to normal quickly & the pain that was present pre-op is gone. New sensations are present as the nerve revives. Dr Kim is great as is his staff. The Swedish Ortho Center is great well organized & keeping you from general hospital population. I’d select this team again in a heart beat. Thanks again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
August 17th Dr. Kyle Kim performed a laminectomy in 3 areas of my lower back, and I am now walking free of pain!! The past 3 years I have addressed pain issues through PT, Yoga, Steroid injections and Accupuncture. Dr Kim and his staff in the office, as well as operating floor, were professional and supportive at every step of the way. Do not wait any longer....make an appointment with Dr. Kim today!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
My overall experience from pre op to post op visit was excellent. Dr. Kim gave me the confidence to go through micro discectomy with his kind and calm demeanor and expert explanation. Choosing him as my surgeon is the best decision I’ve ever made in a long time. His office staff is very professional and friendly. I’m now on the road to recovery, able to walk without crutches, no more shooting pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Very happy with the surgical results for my herniated disc. The nerve pain was unbearable prior to surgery and thankfully this is no longer happening. I can't say thank-you enough to Dr. Kim for helping me get back to my life and work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
I was fearful of having back surgery! Dr Kim made me feel he can fix me and surely he did. Had lumbar fusion surgery on May 3 and I'm walking and getting stronger each day ! Dr Kim was amazingly knowledgeable and compassionate. He made my family and I felt "he cared"!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
After years of pain in my back l finally went to see Dr. Kim. He showed me everything on my MRI and said he could help me. I was very scared to go through surgery but scheduled it anyways. The week before I was having second thoughts about the surgery. I went through with it anyways. Boy let me tell you it was the best thing l could of done. I feel l came through it with flying colors. I don't have any more pain and l feel great. Thank you Dr. Kim and Dr Steege.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
My experience with Dr. Kim was excellent. I had terrible pain in my lower back/right leg due to a bulging disc and tried to avoid surgery for 7 months. Dr. Kim is honest with patients and makes sure that all other non-surgical options have been tried before surgery (physical therapy, steroid injection, medication etc). He performed a microdiskectomy in my lumbar region and I feel like a new person -- I am pleased and grateful. I only wish I would have done it sooner. Thank you, Dr. Kim.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
I found Dr.Kim to be an extremely professional and competent doctor. His staff, his bedside manner, and his skill level are good enough to get this 73 year old man walking again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
I underwent a C5-C6 and C6-C7 anterior cervical diskectomy and partial C6 corpectomy for cervical spondylitic myelopathy. I was very pleased with the care and surgical expertise of my surgeon, Dr. Kim. My symptoms have greatly improved and I would highly recommend Dr. Kim.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim basically rebuilt my spine in one anterior approach procedure [3.5 hours] and one posterior approach procedure [12 hours-with Dr. Falikov (orthopedic surgeon)]. I had a number of complications during the 12 hour procedure. Dr. Kim's speedy and appropriate responses to these literally saved my life. Mine was one of the most difficult procedures Dr. Kim has encountered. He is a superb clinician with outstanding interpersonal skills. He met with me for 3 separate one hour sessions before OR
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim was my neurosurgeon in January 2018, after I fractured my vertebrae in a fall. When I met Dr. Kim, he explained what my condition was and showed me my CAT scan. I felt comfortable and had confidence in him from the start. Dr. Kim’s care continued for the next three months, and he was always attentive to my needs. I’m now in physical therapy and doing extremely well. I am so grateful to have had Dr. Kim as my surgeon and would highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. D Kyle Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim was recommended to me by a friend who had back surgery by him. I cotacted his office from Alaska; they were friendly and helpful in setting up a pre-surgery conference. That led to a phone coference with Dr. Kim who said he could operate in two weeks. Met with Dr. Kim in his office the day before the operation. Operation went fine. All pain was immediately relieved and remains so six weeks later. Dr. Kim is very professional and a personable human being. I am 90.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kim?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kim treats patients.