Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD

Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD is a general surgery specialist in Bakersfield, CA and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas in 2007 and specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.Read his story

5959 Truxtun Ave Ste 100

Bakersfield, CA 93309

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • GEMCare
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Moon

See how frequently Dr. Moon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Surgery
Obesity
high
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Moon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Moon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Moon "Cyrus Moon M.D., F.A.C.S. Dr. Moon was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. He moved to Houston, Texas for high school. He then went on to receive his Bachelors of Science degree in biomedical engineering and computer science at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. Towards the end of undergraduate school Dr. Moon made the decision to pursue a career in medicine, which would allow for a career involving science as well as direct interaction and service to others. He went on to pursue his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Moon completed his surgical residency at the University of California San Francisco, Fresno program. During residency he has found particular interest in the techniques of minimally invasive surgery as well as the benefits that it offered for surgical patients, in terms of faster recovery and decreased pain, discomfort and morbidity. Dr. Moon therefore went on to complete a fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery at UCSF Fresno, with mentors that are world renowned in the field of bariatric surgery. He has been practicing surgery in the Central Valley ever since completion of his training in 2013; first in Delano where he is still Bariatric Surgical Director, and now in Bakersfield since the fall of 2016. He is currently one of the only fellowship-trained bariatric surgeons practicing in Kern County."

This content was provided by Dr. Moon "1C13 represents 1 Corinthians 13, a passage in the bible that specifically illustrates how anything we do is meaningful only if it is done out of love. The passage also fully describes what that love should look like.

Our vow at 1C13 Medical is to care for every patient with the same manner that we would want for ourselves and those we personally love and cherish. For us, this care manifests in several ways:

Our commitment to excellence, not only in the practice of medicine and surgery, but also in everything else we do.

Our commitment to dedication, which involves a good work ethic, persistence, reliability, and consistency in all we do.

Our commitment to compassion, in mindfulness of the suffering or disease of every patient we encounter and in remembering that all we do ultimately is for the sake of a fellow human being in need.

Our commitment to integrity, in being as transparent as possible in every aspect of the care we provide."

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

No malpractice history found for California.

• John's Hopkins U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Moon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Moon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moon

Dr. Moon?
Dr. Moon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD
RecentHighestLowest
I had my gallbladder removed he explained everything since the beginning he took his time he went over what he was going to do he answered all my questions and gave me peace of mind I’m glad I went to Dr moon
Adriana in Delano, CA – Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD?
After having complications with another surgeon, I went to see Dr. Moon for my second opinion. It was the best thing I could have done. Now he has taken my gallbladder out, did my weight loss surgery, and now my husband is also on the process of getting his done and so is my mom. Thank you Dr....Read More
Maria in Bakersfield – Jun 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD?
I have had multiple experiences with Dr Moon and I would recommend him to anyone. He is a talented surgeon and has an excellent bedside manner.
May 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD?
Dr Moon Is Awesome. He performed Gastric Sleeve Surgery On me and I must say I wasn’t in any pain. He was very informative about the surgery and he genuinely cares about his patients.
Nina Johnson in Bakersfield , CA – Nov 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cyrus Moon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moon?