Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Cyrus Ghavam, MD
Dr. Cyrus Ghavam, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Ghavam is affiliated with Madison Hospital, Lincoln Medical Center, Crestwood Medical Center and Huntsville Hospital.

927 Franklin St SE

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Ghavam

Dr. Ghavam's Experience

Dr. Ghavam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Stanford University
  • Massachussetts Institute of Technology
    Other Education | Completed 2016
  • Stanford University
    Other Education | Completed 1988

Dr. Ghavam has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Ghavam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghavam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ghavam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghavam to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Ghavam's Performance
in Decatur, AL |
Dr Ghavam has done surgery on my wife and me on several occasions in the past several years. Some have been complicated and required high levels of skill. We have the utmost confidence in him and his staff. He and his staff are highly skilled, ethical, compassionate, and caring. Communication and responsiveness are excellent. We would trust them in any situation.
Hazel Green, AL |
I highly recommend Dr. Ghavam to anyone needing spine surgery. He found the problem and fixed it and now I am 6months post surgery and feeling so much better and able to live life again.
in DECATUR |
It is rare when one can experience such involved and caring attention when your health becomes a factor in ones’ life. Dr. Ghavam, Betsy, Jeff and the entire team of Spine Specialists at TOC, pre- and post op included, embraced my physical needs to remove the pain in my neck and shoulders. I highly recommend this amazing team to anyone that is in need of spinal surgery.. John Pumphrey
in Huntsville, AL |
I would personally and strongly recommend Dr. Ghavam for back surgery. Probably the most significant thing he did beyond excellent treatment was to meet with my wife afterwards. He sat down with her and thoroughly explained the procedure and made her feel very at ease. I’d like to also recognize his well-trained team of PAs – Mr. Seth Spraggins, Mr. Jeff Carroll, and Ms. Betsy Briglia. Each played a vital role in my treatment. I couldn't be more pleased!!
in Decatur, AL |
Dr. Ghavam operated on my husband in April, 2017 to repair an old high school football injury that progressed to the point that he was not able to stand more than 10 minutes without his leg going numb. He was living in constant pain! Today, 5 months post surgery, he has no numbness in his legs, the pain has been reduced to a 1 out of 10 and he is back to exercising. We are so thankful for what Dr. Ghavam has done for us. My husband has his life back and we are thrilled!!!
in Clanton, Alabama |
Dr. Ghavam & his staff at TOC are exceptional people! They honestly care about their patients! ?? He was highly recommended to me in early 2016. I had injured my neck on my job in August 2015 but I couldn't find a surgeon that would help me in my area. Mostly because I was post operative in the same area (my neck). They were very professional & knew how to deal with the Dept. of Labor to help me receive the quality health care I needed! Dr. Ghavam honestly cared & helped me get my job back! YAY!
in Hartselle, AL |
I highly recommend Dr Cyrus Ghavam to anyone with back problems. He is a very knowledgeable spine doctor and will not recommend surgery until it is absolutely necessary with no options left. I was in severe pain and couldn't sleep in my bed because the pain was so bad laying down. After trying everything he recommended my only option for any relief was surgery. I now have three fusions and eight screws in my lower back and I am TOTALLY PAIN FREE!!! Great doctor!
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Ghavam, his PA's & staff are absolutely the best!!! For so many reasons I can't list them all, but I'll try; 1. They are thorough 2. Dr. Ghavam takes his time with you like you are the only patient 3. Always feel welcomed 4. Always understand your issues 5. No long waits in waiting room 6. I was with another Dr. he told me I would have to get pins & bolts after two surgeries. Dr. Ghavam gave me hope now I never worry about my sciatic pain I feel I can do anything. 7. Referred many friends.
in Madison, AL |
Dr Ghavam is a very competent, compassionate surgeon. He has performed two major surgeries on my back and I have not had any issues. I have recommended him to many other people and will continue to do so. He is outstanding!
in Decatur, AL |
Had back surgery in December of 2016. Dr Ghavam explained what was the problem and what he could do. After surgery he explained what they did and time it would take to recovery. Very professional. Have not had any problems.
in Moulton, AL |
Excellent Dr with exceptional compassion and understanding for his patients. He takes the time to explain the best way to help with your health issues. Office staff and his support team are well informed and help you, as a patient, feel comfortable and are very attentive.
in Decatur, AL |
I do not usually provide feedback but Dr. Ghavam has always been very professional, cares about my health, offers alternative means of treatment, and respects my wishes. I would highly recommend Dr. Ghavam.
in Boat Al. |
All I can say about Dr. Ghavam because of the amount of space allowed for comments is that he performed my second back surgery ( the first one done somewhere else incorrectly) and gave me back my life. I would most certainly recommend him for treatment and would not go to anyone else myself. He also did my carpol tunnel surgery and it too was a great success. He will be doing the other hand.
in Athens, AL |
Dr. Ghavam is hands down the Best! He's kind and caring, listening to all your concerns and questions you have. He has the best bedside manner and remembers you when you go back. He will be the only Dr. I will see for my spine problems.
in Huntsville Al |
What a profession.had back surgery.now I have zero pain.he changed my life.
Huntsville Al |
Dr Ghavam has performed two spine surgeries for me. The first was in August of 2005. The second was December 2015. I can't begin to describe how much the fusion surgeries have improved my quality of life! I'm very active in my everyday life. The back problem kept me from being active. I was in excruciating pain at times. Since having the most recent surgery, I now can physically do everything that I was doing before my back pain began! Dr & his assistants are caring and have great personalities!
in Muscle Shoals, ALABAMA |
Had fusion back surgery in January 2016. Dr. Ghavam and his staff were excellent. I have had teeth pulled that was harder than this surgery. The care I received was excellent. The surgery was a total success. I am 6 months out and couldn't feel better after 28 years of pain and suffering. I highly recommend Dr. Ghavam and his staff for your back needs.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Ghavam performed a fusion on my back ten years ago. Within a few months I was totally pain free and remain so today, unless I strain muscles by doing something foolish like straining my muscles! He was very professional and explained every step of the process before surgery. A recent x-ray shows that my hardware is in excellent condition and the new bone around the hardware is in great shape. If I ever have to have surgery again, Dr. Ghavam will definitely be my surgeon of choice.
in Athens,AL |
Dr. Ghavam performed a Spinal Stenosis on me April 4th, 2016. Before my surgery I had been in chronic pain. We I woke from my surgery I immediately noticed a difference in my condition. Dr. Ghavam staff is very professional when it comes to his patients. If anyone has to have spinal surgery I would highly recommend Dr. Ghavam. I can't Thank him enough for the fine care provided by him and his staff. He is truly one of the finest surgeons around. His care has surpassed all of my expectations.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Ghavam has performed two procedures on my neck and lower back. Results have been outstanding. When I woke up after the neck procedure, I could use my right arm again and felt no pain. It has taken a little longer for the lower back fusion, but after six weeks I have very little of the pain that was making my life miserable. He explained what was wrong, what he was going to do and what the outcome would be and answered all my questions. Follow up has been very detailed.
in Huntsville, AL |
Highly recommend this doctor, he and his staff are great! Very attentive, answers all my questions... Never feel rushed and never a long wait time.
in Huntsville, AL |
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2015, Dr. Ghavam performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF), fusing my C5-C6-C7 vertebrae. I had tremendous pain in my shoulders and had started numbness and tingling down my arms. Dr. Ghavam and staff went over my MRI, explained that I had a herniated disc with bone spurs and stenosis and what I needed to done to remove my pain. The surgery went well and woke up pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Ghavam for his knowledge and skill.
in Union Grove Al. |
On May 21, 2016, Dr. Ghavam preformed surgery on my lower lumbar. I was in excruciating pain in my left hip and leg from a herniated disk pressing on my sciatic nerve,which was causing me to be unable to walk correctly, put on my clothes by myself, sit/ride in a vehicle, or perform any kinds of activities with my family. Immediately after waking up from surgery in the recovery room, I had no pain at all in my leg. I was very pleased with the service provided by Dr. Ghavam and his staff.
in Decatur, AL |
Dr. Ghavam was professional before and after surgery. Before surgery explained in detail about what was causing my pain and how surgery would help relieve the pain. Took time with me explaining in detail the process. Would highly recommend Dr. Ghavam and his staff.
in Decatur, AL |
Outstanding physician. Dr. Ghavam has done several surgeries on me, some to correct very serious spinal conditions. Results have been very good with no complications. Attention while in the hospital and follow up after discharge were first rate. His staff is very efficient. Appointments are always on time and organized. PA's are skilled and knowledgeable and are great communicators. I absolutely trust Dr Ghavam and staff and give him our very highest recommendation.
Have you seen Dr. Cyrus Ghavam, MD?
Are you Dr. Ghavam?