Dr. Cyrus Ghavam, MD

Dr. Cyrus Ghavam, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

The Orthopedic Center, Huntsville, AL 927 Franklin St SE, Huntsville, AL 35801 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Ghavam specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery and practices in Huntsville, AL. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Ghavam? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ghavam's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ghavam's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ghavam

Dr. Ghavam accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Ghavam has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Ghavam's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghavam to family and friends
4.2
Experience with Dr. Ghavam
Dr. Ghavam's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (26)
in Muscle Shoals, ALABAMA |
Had fusion back surgery in January 2016. Dr. Ghavam and his staff were excellent. I have had teeth pulled that was harder than this surgery. The care I received was excellent. The surgery was a total success. I am 6 months out and couldn't feel better after 28 years of pain and suffering. I highly recommend Dr. Ghavam and his staff for your back needs.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Ghavam performed a fusion on my back ten years ago. Within a few months I was totally pain free and remain so today, unless I strain muscles by doing something foolish like straining my muscles! He was very professional and explained every step of the process before surgery. A recent x-ray shows that my hardware is in excellent condition and the new bone around the hardware is in great shape. If I ever have to have surgery again, Dr. Ghavam will definitely be my surgeon of choice.
in Athens AL |
Dr. Ghavam is caring, compassionate, experienced and all around wonderful person. He looks for alternative ways to treat you before mentioning surgery. He's done 2 surgeries on me, I completely trust him with my life.
in Athens,AL |
Dr. Ghavam performed a Spinal Stenosis on me April 4th, 2016. Before my surgery I had been in chronic pain. We I woke from my surgery I immediately noticed a difference in my condition. Dr. Ghavam staff is very professional when it comes to his patients. If anyone has to have spinal surgery I would highly recommend Dr. Ghavam. I can't Thank him enough for the fine care provided by him and his staff. He is truly one of the finest surgeons around. His care has surpassed all of my expectations.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Ghavam has performed two procedures on my neck and lower back. Results have been outstanding. When I woke up after the neck procedure, I could use my right arm again and felt no pain. It has taken a little longer for the lower back fusion, but after six weeks I have very little of the pain that was making my life miserable. He explained what was wrong, what he was going to do and what the outcome would be and answered all my questions. Follow up has been very detailed.
in Huntsville, AL |
Highly recommend this doctor, he and his staff are great! Very attentive, answers all my questions... Never feel rushed and never a long wait time.
in Huntsville, AL |
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2015, Dr. Ghavam performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF), fusing my C5-C6-C7 vertebrae. I had tremendous pain in my shoulders and had started numbness and tingling down my arms. Dr. Ghavam and staff went over my MRI, explained that I had a herniated disc with bone spurs and stenosis and what I needed to done to remove my pain. The surgery went well and woke up pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Ghavam for his knowledge and skill.
in Union Grove Al. |
On May 21, 2016, Dr. Ghavam preformed surgery on my lower lumbar. I was in excruciating pain in my left hip and leg from a herniated disk pressing on my sciatic nerve,which was causing me to be unable to walk correctly, put on my clothes by myself, sit/ride in a vehicle, or perform any kinds of activities with my family. Immediately after waking up from surgery in the recovery room, I had no pain at all in my leg. I was very pleased with the service provided by Dr. Ghavam and his staff.
in Decatur, AL |
Dr. Ghavam was professional before and after surgery. Before surgery explained in detail about what was causing my pain and how surgery would help relieve the pain. Took time with me explaining in detail the process. Would highly recommend Dr. Ghavam and his staff.
in Decatur, AL |
Dr Ghavam has done three procedures on me. Each one has been successful with no complications. I have always found Dr Ghavam to be an excellent communicator, whether it be directly or through his staff. Office staff is very courteous, efficient, and accommodating, and his Physician's Assistants are outstanding. I have recommended him to several people and will happily continue to do so.
in Decatur, AL |
Outstanding physician. Dr. Ghavam has done several surgeries on me, some to correct very serious spinal conditions. Results have been very good with no complications. Attention while in the hospital and follow up after discharge were first rate. His staff is very efficient. Appointments are always on time and organized. PA's are skilled and knowledgeable and are great communicators. I absolutely trust Dr Ghavam and staff and give him our very highest recommendation.
Have you seen Dr. Cyrus Ghavam, MD?
Are you Dr. Ghavam?

Compare Dr. Ghavam

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Ghavam's Board Certifications

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

University Of Miami / School Of Medicine

Massachussetts Institute Of Technology

Completed in 2016

Stanford University

Completed in 1988

Dr. Ghavam has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Ghavam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghavam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Ghavam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Alabama not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ghavam

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ghavam's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Ghavam

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients