Dr. Cynthia Vakhariya, DO

HematologyFemaleAge 43

Telehealth services available

St John Newland Medical Assocs

22301 Foster Winter Dr Fl 2nd Southfield, MI 48075

Dr. Cynthia Vakhariya, DO is a Hematology Specialist in Southfield, MI and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Vakhariya has more experience with Blood Disorders than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Michigan State U, College of Osteopathic Medicine medical school in 2004. She is affiliated with medical facilities Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus and Ascension Saint John Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vakhariya to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Hematology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Vakhariya is affiliated with Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus Southfield, a highly rated hospital.

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Frequently Treated by Dr. Vakhariya

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Vakhariya treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Vakhariya treats other conditions, please contact the office at (248) 552-0620.

Blood Disorders

Blood disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the blood's ability to function, including hemophilia, anemia, and sickle cell disease.Compare with other Blood Disorders specialists.

Dr. Vakhariya is experienced in the area of Blood Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 25 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Anemia
Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
Bleeding Disorders

• Acute Lymphoid Leukemia
  • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • Anemia
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Aortic Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Erythropoietin Test
  • Hemophilia
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Leukocytosis
  • Pancytopenia
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Purpura
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • von Willebrand Disease

Dr. Vakhariya accepts

Dr. Vakhariya accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Vakhariya's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vakhariya

3.8

Dr. Vakhariya
Excellent Dr. Vakhariya, has been my oncologist for many years. She has helped me through several crises. She is warm, caring, always listens to my concerns, answers all questions, and is an excellent Dr.
Ralph Green – Jul 13, 2021
This doctor doesn't listen to the patients, talks about how she handles her personal issues. First doctor that I've ever rated a 1!
The Worst – Nov 13, 2020
I have been a patient of Dr vakhariya 4/8 years she has helped me so much when my cancer has came back and stage 4 I am happy to have her as my doctor wouldn't trade her for the world
Jul 23, 2020
my wife has been a patient of dr. Vakhariya 4 over 8 years she has been giving her remarkable care very professional and knowledgeable and very accessible
Jul 23, 2020
Always felt like she was trying to rush us out of the office. Never felt like she really cared about what was happening with my mother. My mother would bring up a problem she was having, and Dr. Vakhariya seemed like she wouldn't take the problem seriously. Very disappointed with our experience with her.
Dec 13, 2019
Dr. Vakhariya is an excellent Oncologist. I was diagnosis back in October 2018. I was referred to her and I can say from day one she has been heaven sent. She worked on a plan for my treatment and the after care has been amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me through this difficult time.
djf – Sep 05, 2019
In 2008 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and was treated. It came back in 2010, had more surgery and treatment. The two different Oncologist I had both discontinued practice in Detroit and Birmingham. My primary care Dr. Lisa Harston-leduc referred me to Dr. Cynthia Vakhariya in 2018. When she saw me for the first time I was stage 4. I asked her was I going to die should I be making funeral arrangements. Her words to me were no, I'm going to get you back in remission. Dr. Vakhariya chose the best treatment for me and being under her care I am alive and healthy. Thank you Dr. Vakhariya.
Vivian – Jul 26, 2019
I had the pleasure of training along side Dr Vakhariya during the month of May. She is compassionate, thorough and very uptodate on the field oncology. Don't be fooled by her young appearance, as this doctor is more than equipped to provide you or your loved one with the best care you can seek. I know exactly where to go if myself or a loved one is ever ridden with cancer.
Turk in Troy, MI – May 23, 2017
I have stage iv metastatic breast cancer. Dr. Vakahriya is a meticulous, thorough and compassionate doctor. She is familiar with current treatment options and continually learns about new options on the horizon. A doctor who doesn't rush, carefully listens to me and asks questions to get a complete understanding of my situation. I have been on multiple cancer therapies and each one has extended my life. This is due to her expertise in the disease. She has a positive attitude and is a caring dr.
May 18, 2017
She is the most patient caring doctor I have ever had. I am now cancer free because of the treatment I received from her!! She treats the whole person cares about your life your family and she is excellent and professional with her interactions . I highly recommend her !!!
Lansing, MI – May 12, 2017
Dr Vakhariya is a very compassionate doctor who takes her time helping patients with their diagnosis. She goes through everything step by step and always has the patients best interest at heart. I highly recommend her.
dee in Southfield, MI – Apr 19, 2017
Amazing doctor! Vary compassionate and caring.
Farmington, MI – Apr 13, 2017
I am a 71 year-old male with heart disease. In 2011, my 6-month blood work indicated anemia. My PCP could not see any reason for the problem and referred me to Dr. Vakhariya's office for follow-up. Dr. Vakhariya recommended a bone marrow biopsy to determine the cause of an elevated protein level in my blood. The test revealed multiple myeloma, and I credit Dr. Vakhariya for my early diagnosis and my continued care has been first rate. She is compassionate and gets back to me when I have question
Curtis Williams in Livonia, Mi – Apr 11, 2017
I highly recommend Dr. Vakhariya. As her hematology patient for 8 years, I have always been completely assured of her knowledge and professional decision making on my behalf. She treats the person and not just the condition. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. No one wants to need an oncologist but when I needed one, I knew I already had one. I was assured Dr. Vakhirya would care for me in the same manner--with great expertise and knowledge, with gentle authority and a kind heart.
marcia in Northville, MI – Apr 05, 2017
Dr. Vakhariya gave my family devastating news about a diagnosis of cancer in one of our family members. She handled all of our questions about end of life and helped guide us through this difficult time. We are grateful for the time that she spent with us.
Royal Oak, MI – Apr 04, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Vakhariya?

• Hematology