Dr. Cynthia Abbott, MD

Dr. Cynthia Abbott, MD

Dermatology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Cynthia Abbott, MD is a dermatologist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 21 years. She specializes in dermatology, pediatric dermatology, and more.Read her story

Dermatology Affiliates

1109 W Peachtree St NW

Atlanta, GA 30309

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Abbott

See how frequently Dr. Abbott performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hives
high
Dermatitis
Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage

Dr. Abbott's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Abbott's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abbott "Dr. Abbott has always felt at home in two worlds, the world of science and the world of art. It's part of what draws her to the field of dermatology, where you need both skills to bring out healthy and beautiful skin. "I feel like all my life I have been trying to combine those two," Dr. Abbott says. "In college, I majored in both art and biology. I got my master's in Medical Illustration, and I did a fellowship in Cosmetic Dermatology. I am a very visual person. Any treatment that I do for a patient, I would want to be aesthetically pleasing." The visual appeal may have been what started Dr. Abbott's interest in dermatology, but what keeps her going is the variety of people she gets to help. Dr. Abbott also completed an internship in Pediatrics at Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville. And as such, she feels she has expertise in Pediatric Dermatology and Cosmetic Dermatology. "What I mostly love about dermatology is the multi-generational factor," Dr. Abbott says. "I love that I see kids and World War II vets in the same day." To get the most out of your partnership with your dermatologist, Dr. Abbott recommends understanding your medical needs. "Be educated, know your own medications, and know your medical history," she says. "I like to work together to treat your diseases and concerns." Dr. Abbott is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and American Society of Dermatologic Surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Abbott "Welcome to Dermatology Affiliates! Our board-certified dermatologists bring together the education and experience needed to treat many different skin conditions as well as to correct and eliminate imperfections, leaving our clients with a more youthful and glowing appearance. Our knowledgeable staff understands how important a positive self-image is, which is why we offer the most advanced procedures and treatments to achieve optimum health. The dermatologists and staff at Dermatology Affiliates are committed to offering our patients a broad range of cosmetic, medical, and aesthetic dermatological services to meet their healthy skin goals toward."

• Dermatology

• Tattoo Removal
  • Wart Removal
  • Wart Treatment
  • Wrinkle Reduction by Injection

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Kentucky Wesleyan College
  • University Louisville School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Medical College of Georgia
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Abbott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abbott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Request an Appointment

Dr. Abbott's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbott to family and friends

Dr. Abbott's Performance

Dr. Abbott is the best. She does what you would expect from a professional. There are no issues with Dr. Abbott. She’s my dermatologist of choice!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was not pleased with the way Dr. Abbott treated me. She found something funny about my condition and was laughing for no reason at all. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I am not the type of person to write reviews. This review, in fact, is the only review I've written but I feel it's an important one to write. I was diagnosed with melanoma in 2014 by a dermatologist not affiliated with Dr. Abbott. This diagnosis came after Dr. Abbott failed to correctly remove and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Time with Dr. Abbott was bittersweet. Bitter because she improperly diagnosed me for a disease without even having all of my blood work. The sweet part came after the biopsy the results proved that she was wrong. She didn't even apologize for Mis-diagnosing me & having me concerned about my life...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
I came to Dr. Abbott with a botched cyst removal. I had a hole in my back that never healed. She re-excised the site, helped distract me during the procedure, and brought to a close a long and painful period for me. She is great.
Are you Dr. Abbott?