Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Curtis Crimmins, MD
Dr. Curtis Crimmins, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Glendale, WI. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Crimmins is affiliated with Columbia Saint Mary's Hospital Milwaukee, Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Franklin, Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin, Aurora West Allis Medical Center, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Saint Francis, Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial, Wheaton Franciscan - Saint Joseph, Aurora Saint Lukes Medical Center, Saint Lukes Medical Center and Aurora Sinai Medical Center.

HAND SURGERY LTD

525 W River Woods Pkwy Ste 230

Glendale, WI 53212

• AvMed
  • Centene
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Crimmins

"I believe that medical care should be administered on a personal level. I like to make people feel better in the quickest and easiest manner while considering the cost effectiveness of each treatment option and avoiding surgery, if possible"

Dr. Crimmins' Experience

Dr. Crimmins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Pain
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Wound Repair
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Mi
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of California Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

• Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctor 2012, February 2

Dr. Crimmins has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Crimmins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crimmins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Crimmins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crimmins to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Crimmins' Performance
in South Milwaukee, WI |
Caring Doctor listens carefully to your concerns and explains his plan on treatment in away normal guy can understand! This doctor doesn't rush to surgery he takes the let's do this first and see how that pans out then we'll look into other options. I highly recommend this skilled surgeon!
Milwaukee, WI |
Initially seeing Dr. Crimmins was a very good experience. He is very pleasant and seems very knowledgeable in his field. Margaret, his assistant is over the top excellent. However, I found as time went on, he was not as attentive to my concerns as I would have liked. It felt like he was blowing me off & didn't want to really address my concerns. It isn't like he spent a lot of time with me; he was always in such a hurry to get on to the next patient. I've become very dismayed by this.
in Milwaukee, WI |
This is a great hand surgeon! l recommend him to anyone who may need to have surgery for CARPAL TUNNEL! If someone told me to have hand surgery 3 or 4 years ago l never would have done it. Dr Crimmins explained the procedure to me step by step and it was the best decision l made. I have no pain in my hand, I sleep better! MY HAND FEELS BRAND NEW AND BETTER! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! THANK YOU!
in Franklin, WI |
Dr. Crimmins preformed carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands. The right in 2002, left in 2004. I have had no pain in either wrist ever since. If you are looking for the best, look no further.
It is an honor and a privilege to care for your upper extremity needs. Dr. Crimmin's values each and every patient. So glad to hear that you are healed and doing well!
in South Milwaukee, WI |
I rate Dr. Crimmins very high. He did carpal tunnel on both my wrists back in 2007. He did an excellent job. I haven't had any issues until recently which was a different type of issue. I had intense pain in my right palm/wrist so I went back to him. He gave me a shot of cortisone & it has considerably helped the pain in the tendon causing the pain. He is very polite, pleasant & very knowledgeable in his field. He explains everything well so you understand. His staff is very polite.
Thank you for your kind comment. We are pleased that your second experience with us was as pleasant as your first experience. It is a privilege to care for your upper extremity needs.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I love Dr. Crimmins. He is thorough, funny, and is VERY easy to talk with. His surgical skills are top notch.
Brookfield, WI |
Entire staff is professional and concerned during every office visit. Margaret is exceptional and a great asset to Dr Crimmins office.
in Pewaukee WI |
Dr. Crimmons is an excellent doctor! Professional and trustworthy. Great bedside mannor. Excellent surgeon. You can barely see the scar. I highly recommend Dr. Crimmons.
Racine, WI |
Dr. Crimmins provided expert professional and timely care when I experienced an injury to my hand. He explained everything thoroughly and was very available throughout my care. His office staff (especially Margaret) are especially efficient, accommodating and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Crimmins, his care was outstanding.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I went to Dr. Crimmins because of the increasing level of pain in my hand. After describing my symptoms to him, I immediately had follow-up tests to confirm diagnosis of carpal tunnel. Tests were done in the office. He recommended surgery. This all happened pretty fast so I was a little overwhelmed. Dr. Crimmins answered my questions about the surgery and recovery. He took the time to explain what might happen long term with out the surgery. Very positive experience.
in New Berlin, WI |
Explained the nature of my injury and what I could expect from surgery. Very professional and kind.
in Brookfield, WI |
Had arthritis surgery on my thumb joint. Had other hand done successfully 2 years ago. Dr. Crimmins uses a less invasive method than many other surgeons, resulting in faster recovery and less chance of side affects. I really like this. He is friendly, upbeat, and explains everything very well. Great experience. Mike Manthe
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Crimmins is a great hand doctor. Second time went to him. Everyone in his office is friendly.
in Franklin, WI |
Dr. Crimmins literally rebuilt damage to my right hand and thumb with the skill and expertise of dedicated hand surgeon. Additionally, over the years he has assisted in remedying trigger fingers on both hands and eventual surgery to correct two of the triggers. His professionalism is paired with a personal caring. His staff exude his professionalism and concern for his patients. Before considering any other hand specialist (physician/surgeon), Dr. Crimmins should be your first call.
We read your comment and would like to thank you and tell you how much we appreciate the trust you have in us. We are equally pleased with your positive outcomes and hope that you continue to experience good health.
in Raymond, Wi |
Very professional, compassionate and knowledgeable
in Milwaukee, WI |
i felt he was interested in me and was kind in his approach
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Crimmins is fantastic. He and his staff were outstanding. He is a very compassionate professional and is very knowledgeable about hand conditions. He performed my procedure excellently. I was was very satisfied with my follow-up.
in Oak Creek, WI |
Dr. Crimmins is fantastic. It is refreshing when a doctor spends time with you, explains your situation, and communicates a course of action. I have had problems with both wrists, and Dr. Crimmins expertise has corrected the issues, reduced the pain, and improved functionality in both. I believe he is one of the best hand specialist in the country. His team is excellent. Margaret runs the show for Dr. Crimmins, and she doesn't miss a thing.
Milwaukee, WI |
I always enjoy my short visit
in Franksville, WI |
Dr. Crimmins is understanding,compassionate,thorough,patient,and not afraid of a challenge which my case presented. He is my number one pick for a hand surgeon.His staff is also accommodating and treated my time as important while being courteous and helpful. They are a great combination.
in Pewaukee, WI |
I am a court reporter and have heard from many people that Dr. Crimmins is the best. I am here to tell you that he is both professional and personable. He quickly diagnosed the problem and gave me alternatives. I am extremely comfortable knowing I'm in good hands.
in Milwaukee, WI |
EXCELENT. HE IS VERY PROFESSINAL DOCTOR. ALWAYS ON TIME. HE IS THE BEST.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Just had another occasion to see Dr. Crimmins again. I'm in maintenance and over my 18 year relationship with the doc he is one that I actually look forward to seeing even under painful circumstances. Dr. Crimmins has treated my injuries, PT, and concerns with compassion and professionalism. I never feel rushed when I have seen him as he has taken the time to get to know me and answer all my questions. I wish all my doctors took his approach to care with their patients.
in Brookfield, WI |
1st time I saw the Doc was by accident when I was referred by employer to his partner. I couldn't remember partners name and front desk suggested Dr. Crimmons. That was over 10 years ago. I've had several surgeries done and PT also. Just saw him a few hours ago to get the trigger out of my finger. I called in the morning and got in soon after.But I think I made him miss lunch. What a guy!!! I have been extremely satisfied with him and the whole operation, including his assistant, Margret.
in Milwaukee, WI |
It was excellent. What more can I say?
in Milwaukee, WI |
I would recommend Dr. Crimmins to others because he is very professional, knowledgeable about hand conditions, and he performed my procedure excellently. Follow-up was also very satisfactory.
in Glendale, WI |
I broke my left radius on a Tuesday, went to ER for a temporary cast. They gave me Dr Crimmins' name, was able to get an appointment the next day. Had surgery to set the bone with a plate the next Monday. He explained the surgery, and even showed me what the plate looks like. I've had several follow-up visits as there have been some minor complications - resulting from the fall, not the surgery. Dr. Crimmins has been patient, and given me as much explanation as needed for me to understand.
in Mequon, WI |
Very competent, affable, easy to work with -- a pleasure to be his patient.
Thiensville, WI |
Dr. Crimmins is interested in you as a person not just a patient. He explains your problem or pain so you can understand everything that is going on with you body. When it comes to surgery he takes the time to talk to you and your family. He is very knowledgeable.
in Menomonee Falls, WI |
On the night of Nov. 9th I woke up with severe pain and constant numbness in my left hand. I was referred to Dr. Crimmins and after his review he said I had carpal tunnel, it was so severe that I needed surgery right away. It was amazing, once the surgery was completed my pain was gone. I still have some numbness but Dr. Crimmins thinks that will also go away. Dr. Crimmins and his staff were wonderful. I went to 3 of his offices, Mayfair, Glendale and the south side.
in Green Bay, WI |
Dr, Crimmins does NOT listen to his patients very well, to say the least. He insisted my hand injury had 'nothing to do' with the trauma of a workplace accident. Definitely an insurance companies best friend, but not operating in the best interest of his patients. To this day, I still have hand pain
Have you seen Dr. Curtis Crimmins, MD?

Visit Dr. Crimmins