Dr. Curt Cockings, MD

Dr. Curt Cockings, MD

Pediatric Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Curt Cockings, MD is a pediatric ophthalmology specialist in Lubbock, TX and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 1989 and specializes in pediatric ophthalmology and ophthalmology.

3802 22nd Pl

Lubbock, TX 79410

• Ambetter
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Cockings

See how frequently Dr. Cockings performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Paralytic Strabismus
Extraocular Muscle Surgery
Esotropia

Dr. Cockings's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pediatric Ophthalmology

• Tex Tech Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Montreal
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Cockings has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Cockings does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cockings and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cockings' Reviews

3.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cockings to family and friends

Dr. Cockings' Performance

GOOD

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE DR. COCKINGS. HE HAS BEEN MY SON'S OPHTHAMOLOGIST SINCE HE WAS A BABY.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Love Dr. Cockings he’s about the only concern and honest doctor out in the medical field! If it wasn’t for him my son could of lost his eye from a wrong cream. Hate seeing negative comments about Dr. Cockings cause I myself seen with my own experience that he is awesome with his patients! He puts...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
His two young children were running in and out of the appointment room eating suckers and coughing while my 3 year was expected to concentrate and read images off the wall. It was insane. He was also an hour late because of car trouble.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

My wife had a low tire and I tried to fix it before I left the house.She had her own doctor's appointment so I had to bring the kids; we do not have grandparents who can take care of the kids. I arrived at the office 35 minutes late. We were also having a sinkhole repaired in the parking lot so the contractor needed to talk to me intermittently. I don't expect a barely 3 year old to do a chart completely (usually due to attention span). It is usually done at 3.25 to 3.5 years.

Dr. Cockings is easily annoyed and condescending to his patients...Not a good quality for a PEDIATRIC doctor. The receptionist is rude and unfriendly. We continue to see Dr cockings because he's the only option in town, but my child and I both absolutely dread going the appointments. Go to anyone...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

My receptionist is doing her job. She requires certain information from patients to do her job effectively If information has been requested and the patient arrives without it, it makes for delays, conflict at the front desk and more work This same situation can repeat multiple times with the same family. I don't feel that I get easily annoyed or condescending but we all have those days and sometimes there are personality conflicts. I would be happy to refer you somewhere else if desired.

I have not even gotten into the door. I called to check on why I hadn't gotten a call about scheduling an appointment for my daughter. I was informed by a receptionist that my daughters concers were not pressing. Who is she to tell me that? She does not have a medical degree!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option4

We schedule most visits through the PCP. That way, we know why we are seeing the patient. The parent was informed of this and we requested her PCP to contact us. We don't take all insurances and we don't take vision plans so we want to make sure patients know if they pay out of pocket or not and we also get a better background on the history.