Dr. Cristina Camara, MD

Dr. Cristina Camara, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Cristina Camara, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in New Lenox, IL. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Read her story

Premier Dermatology - New Lenox

• Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Missouri

Learn about Dr. Camara

See how frequently Dr. Camara performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
Acne
Skin Infections

Dr. Camara's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Camara's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Camara "Dr. Camara is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. She thinks dermatology is a wonderful field because it enables her to make people feel better about their skin. She works hard to find the best solutions for her patients, ensuring them that they'll always receive the best possible care. She is proud to have received her board certification in dermatology and she continually strives to grow and improve as a clinician. "

This content was provided by Dr. Camara "Some of our dermatologists specialize in skin cancer treatment, some focus on cosmetic procedures. One used to be a nurse. Another is also a board certified pediatrician while another is boarded in internal medicine. No doubt, the eight dermatologists of Premier Dermatology represent a wide range of backgrounds and interests. But all of them have been tested, proven, verified and certified by the American Board of Dermatology.  Add to that collection of talent a highly qualified physician’s assistant as well as outstanding nurses and support staff, and the result is a level of care that’s simply unmatched."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Screenings
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of The Philippines
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago

Dr. Camara has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
  • Chicago Dermatologic Society, Member
  • Illinois State Medical Society, Member
  • Will-Grundy County Medical Society, Member

Dr. Camara's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Camara to family and friends
Dr. Camara's Performance
in Shorewood, il |
I absolutely adore Dr. Camara, so much so I have referred my son to her and other friends, she is always very thorough, professional, friendly and takes time and listens. I had a squamous cell cancer on my face years ago and she removed it, you can not even tell where those stitches were, she is awesome!
in Joliet, IL |
My visit was for an annual follow up due to serious health conditions and medication I am required to take that has the potential to increase my chances for skin cancer. Dr. Camara was her usual thorough and professional self, while being very personable. Highly recommended.
After reading Dr. Camara's reviews online, I felt comfortable making an appointment with her. Unfortunately, I was very unhappy with her services and would definitely not recommend her to family or friends. I went to Dr. Camara for a full body skin screening. Dr. Camara was in the room for my examination for less than 3 minutes and I felt very rushed. I felt as if I had wasted my time and she was not thorough at all. I would not recommend going to Dr. Camara
Plainfield, IL |
She is very professional. Explains everything and answers any questions I may have. I have been seeing her for years.
I have been seeing Dr. Camara for years and won't see anyone else! She is professional, yet has amazing bedside manner and always takes the time to listen to and answer my questions
Plainfield, IL |
Dr. Camara is the best. I would recommend her to anyone. She has the best personality, so sweet and comfortable to talk to and answers any question you have. She is great!!!!
in Plainfield |
I absolutely love Dr. Camara. She provides outstanding care - very thorough in her exams, patient and detailed when explaining her findings and any procedures she recommends, and has an exceptionally caring attitude. She has been my dermatologist for the past 5 years, and even though there might be doctors closer, she is worth the effort to see. I wish we could clone her!
in Channahon |
Dr. Camara is very thorough, has excellent bedside manner, and wonderful clinical skills. I refer many of my patients to her. Kim Burke, APN, FNP-C Family Nurse Practitioner
New Lenox, Illinois |
Excellent review. One of the best. Very personable, very professional. As a patient, I have total faith in her medical care and my medical history with melanoma.
in Crest Hill,Il |
Dr. Cristina Camara is a caring physician. She listens to your needs and concerns, and answers all your questions. I never feel rushed. She was recommended to me by three friends. I give her 5 stars and would recommend her, too.
in Joliet, IL |
Dr. Camara is thorough, pleasant, gracious and responsive. I appreciate her very much.
in Plainfield, IL |
Dr. Camara and her office are great. Very nice people and Dr. Camara was very efficient with the work that needed to be done on me and I got the results even faster than I thought I would.
Joliet, IL |
She was kind and very through in caring for my problems
in Bourbonnais |
My family recommended Dr. Camara and every reason they gave for making an appointment was completely true. Very professional, pleasant physician. My whole visit was excellent, from the ease of the trip there to the office staff and the promptness of seeing Dr. Camara when I arrived.
in Channahon, IL |
Dr. Camara was very sweet and thorough. She explained things well and took her time to evaluate my skin and areas of concern. Highly recommended for your dermatology needs!
Braidwood |
Dr Camara is very god at her job. Recommend her to other friends
Romeoville, IL |
I definitely would recommend Dr. Camara to others. I have a health care background and am particular about the demonstrated level of expertise and service I receive. Both were in strong evidence during my first encounter with Dr. Camara..
Highly recommend her to anyone.
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Joliet, IL |
Had a wonderful experience. Got in close to appointment, Dr. Camara took her time answered all my questions and was very friendly.
Joliet, IL |
Dr. Camara is a professional doctor who is very caring and personable. I have already recommended her and will continue to do so.
in Lockport, IL |
Always careing, pleasant and professional. She is one doctor I actually enjoy seeing.
in Joliet |
She is fantastic. Lovely personality and she seems to be very thorough in the very short time she spends with you. A very personable physician, who gives you the feeling that she is very caring as well. I have recommended her many times.
Shorewood, IL |
Dr. Camara is kind, courteous and professional. She listens to your concerns, answers your questions and spends as much time as necessary with you. She is a great Dr. and i highly recommend Her.
in Homer Glen, IL |
I recently had my first visit to Dr. Camara. As a "nervous" patient, I felt at ease from the moment I walked in to the offices and completed my new patient forms with the receptionist. The nurse who first took my information was kind and considerate, and Dr. Camara and her attending nurse couldn't have been kinder, patiently answered all of my questions, and my skin issue has already responded to the treatment that Dr. Camara prescribed!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr.. Camara is the best derm I have used. I will use my rationed characters to talk about the Practice. Calling mean being greeted with overwrought, screechy, "carriage trade" commercials about pricey, elective, cosmetic surgeries.--likewise, when on "hold". The assault on the senses leaves a very negative impression. Hearing about the "genius" of your surgeons in poorly produced commercials over a system that won't support them. Lastly, the the waiting room has blaring TV's. No quiet to read.
in Romeoville, IL |
Dr. Camara came highly recommended to me. I will gladly recommend Dr. Camara to anyone looking for a dermatologist. She and her staff are compassionate and exhibit a true concern for my wellbeing,. The clerical staff is friendly and efficient in welcoming you for your appointment, and, in taking care of you after your appointment is met.. This medical office is highly efficient and punctual. The cleanliness of the waiting area is always clean and neat, and inviting.
Joliet, IL |
Dr. Camara is easy to talk to. She makes me feel comfortable and is always pleasant and kind. My overexposed skin has improved greatly since I have been seeing her on a yearly basis. Would highly recommend.
in Romeoville, IL |
Very professional and genuinely concerned about her patient's welfare.
in Channahon, IL |
Dr. Camara is great! She always takes her time with you, you never feel rushed. She has a calm, friendly personality and I trust her fully.
in Ozark, MO |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Camera! I've been a patient for years and find her excellent in diagnosing my skin issues and dealing with them. I feel her gentle and caring demeanor is second to none!
in New Lenox, IL |
I love Dr Camara. She really cares about her patients, she listens to the patient (12 yr old son) as well as parents concerns. She treated my son for severe acne and I could not be happier with the results. My son is no longer bullied at school. I would highly recommend her to friends and family.
Joliet, IL |
Dr. Camera is very king and patient. She explains things andis very thoughtful.
in Crest Hill, IL |
Dr Camara is very thoughtful and caring with my daughter. She takes her time and makes you feel like she truly cares about your wellbeing
JOLIET |
I love Dr. Camara, she is so sweat and kind. I would and have recommended her to my friends.
in Lockport IL |
We have been going to see Dr. Camara for years now and absolutely love her. She has always taken great care of my children, as well as my husband and me. I have recommended her numerous times to friends and neighbors.
in Shorewood, IL |
Dr. Camara is probably one of the kindest, gentlest people I've ever met. She explains exactly what's going on with me and I am always at ease with her. She is just an awesome dermatologist.
Plainfield, IL |
Spent a good amount of time speaking with me and going over everything, answering my questions, etc. Iv'e seen other Derms in her practice who were literally in the room for less than 5 minutes, so I appreciated her attentiveness. I'll be seeing her for future appointments
Have you seen Dr. Cristina Camara, MD?

Visit Dr. Camara

• CoreSource
    Platinum PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Missouri
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance