Dr. Cristina Balsera, MD

Nephrology | Female

Diversified Specialty Institute 510 Vonderburg Dr Ste 208 Brandon, FL 33511 Get Directions
Dr. Cristina Balsera, MD
Dr. Cristina Balsera, MD is a nephrology doctor who practices in Brandon, FL. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Balsera is affiliated with Brandon Regional Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital.

Dr. Balsera's Care Philosophy

individualized patient care with focus on gaining knowledge, being proactive with preventive measures and a healthy lifestyle commitment. Typically patients with kidney problems benefit from certain medications. However, Dr.Balsera believes in the balance of the least medication that yields the most longterm health benefit.

Dr. Balsera's Experience

See how Dr. Balsera's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Balsera

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Balsera has admitting privileges.

Dr. Balsera's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Balsera to family and friends
Dr. Balsera's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Balsera and her office staff (especially Shirley) are infantile and unprofessional. When I was in the hospital, Dr. Balsera came into my room and YELLED AT ME because my blood pressure numbers were too high. It turned out to be a mistake on the part of the hospital's equipment, but I never got an apology from her. Then I tried to make an appointment in her office and was treated like scum. Shirley lied to me and gave me attitude as if the hospital incident had been MY fault. Stay away!
in Brandon, FL |
Have only had my initial visit with Dr. Balsera, however, I am very, very impressed. She spent about 20-30 minutes with me and did not rush anything. She worked up a plan for me for the next eight weeks until I see her again when we will review results and future action. She made me feel very comfortable and took a lot of my concerns away.....
in Brandon, Fl |
Staff is very friendly
Miami, FL |
Dr. Balsera is a kind, caring and very competent Doctor. She was very supportive when I had to start dialysis. When my insurance would not let me go to her regular dialysis center, she got privileges at the one I had to go to and I was her only patient there.
in Lithia, FL |
She?s in charge and you feel calmer. If you want to understand why Dr. Balsera is different, start there. There?s a commercial for Cancer Treatment Centers of America where all of a patient?s docs are sitting around a conference table discussing their case. If you?re dealing with serious health issues, this would be a dream come true. My husband has 10 docs. For the most part, they don?t talk to each other. Dr. Balsera is a one-woman conference table. She puts it all together for you.
in Dover, FL |
I am a patient of Dr. Balsera with stage 3 polycystic kidney disease and I consider myself extremely lucky to be her patient. When I first met Dr. Balsera I thought that I was going to be on dialysis in the not too distant future. Dr. Balsera assured me that this was not true and proceeded to explain to me that by monitoring my urine and blood she would take the necessary steps to deal with my polycystic kidneys. Thus far she has been true to her word. I highly recommend Dr. Balsera.
in Valrico, FL |
Dr Balsera has a GREAT bed side manner & Super supporting staff; Ms Davis;Ms Gwenero & Ms Caronado who helps her to be as efficient as possible to the patient's needs. GET ON HER CALENDAR AND CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF Dr Balsera and her staff are one of a few offices that you will definitely enjoy...
in Brandon, FL |
Referred due to leg edema which was extremely uncomfortable. As a stage 3 kidney disease, she immediately made me feel my situation was not hopeless. Due to her treatment regimen, I lost 30 pounds of fluid off my legs, lowered my blood pressure and feel like a new person! She is a brilliant Doctor and I would recommend her immediately. She is kind and speaks to you with such an understanding tone. She has turned a scary situation into a blessing for having her in my corner.
Have you seen Dr. Cristina Balsera, MD?
Are you Dr. Balsera?

Compare Dr. Balsera

Dr. Balsera's Care Philosophy

Dr. Balsera's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Nephrology
  •  Board certified in Nephrology

Dr. Balsera has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Balsera's Board Certifications

• Nephrology

• Acidosis
  • Acute Kidney Failure
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Electrolyte Disorders
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Gout
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Hypercalcemia
  • Hypercalcemic Nephropathy
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertension, Kidney Disease-Induced
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Kidney Disease

Tampa General Hospital

Completed in 2000

University Of South Florida

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Balsera does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Balsera and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Nephrology