Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 61

Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Anchorage, AK and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Mamikunian has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine medical school in 1985. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mamikunian to book an appointment.

Dr. Mamikunian

Creed Mamikunian MD

2401 E 42nd Ave Ste 206 Anchorage, AK 99508
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Mamikunian with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at Alaska Regional Hospital.

Make an appointment at Alaska Regional Hospital today at (907) 205-4869.

These providers are on the medical staff of Alaska Regional Hospital.

Dr. Mamikunian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mamikunian

4.1

Dr. Mamikunian?
  • Office environment (32)
  • Staff friendliness (32)
  • Appointment scheduling (30)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (8)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
Whoa! I've never written a review before, but I've never had an experience like this! It started with an unexplained sharp sudden pain in my ear, that grew worse by the hour. I'd had ear infections before, but nothing that even comes close to this. To make a long story short, I visited two different doctors and received two different diagnoses, with the pain continuing and getting worse. Then I met Dr Mamikunian. There might be much wrong with the world these days, but in my hour of great need I met an amazing and excellent physician who went far above and beyond to serve me and treat my condition. That speaks to his character, and I owe an immense gratitude to this compassionate and skilled man. Character matters when you are about to trust your care, or that of your loved ones, to any physician. With Dr. Mamikunian, I witnessed a physician with compassion, great skill and solid character. Rev. Michael Burke, Senior Pastor St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Anchorage Alaska
Michael Burke – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
After the doctor looked at my nose at my first visit he said by doing two procedures I would have a 90% chance of breathing a whole lot better. Since those odds were really good in my favor and he seemed really confident I did the procedure and it was Probably the easiest surgery I’ve ever had to go through and my downtime was less than a week after the doctor pulled the splints out of my nose I couldn’t believe how well I could breathe I was absolutely amazed and mad at myself for not doing this 20 years earlier he was truly an all star in my eyes. Every morning I wake up I’m just astonished about what a difference the procedure had made. The one thing I really wanted to add was if you’re having breathing issues or you’re seeing a sleep doctor please go to ENT first before you go through all the other sleep study processes I wish I would have done that and I would’ve save me a lot of time at the sleep docter (get breathing right first) thank you thank you thank you Dr. Mamikunian
Bradleybillingslea – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Outstanding Care. I am a long term patient of Dr Mamikunian and cannot speak highly enough of his professionalism and competency. I recently had a surgery and the experience could not have been better.
Paul Padgett – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I am a professional who is very responsible with my finances. After an issue with a physical mailing address, Dr. Mamikunian's office failed to notify me through email or phone number (both of which they had on file) to let me know of a small outstanding balance. That balance was sent to collections, during which it increased over 30% of its original value. When I was notified by the collections agency that I had to resolve a bill with them, I called Dr. Mamikunian's office to ask what had happened. My calmly and respectfully delivered question was immediately met with extreme rudeness by their office manager, who was unwilling to speak with me further on the subject. I will never seek care from Dr. Mamikunian again, and would not recommend his services to anyone, due to this extreme rudeness coupled with the first (and unnecessary) experience with bill collections and subsequent negative mark on my credit score.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Mamikuian for many years due to a chronic ear problem. I have to have tubes put in my ears every few months, he is very caring and very good at this procedure. I’m never in his office more than 30 min, usually less. I can’t imagine seeing anyone else for my problem. He and his office staff are awesome!
Bobbi Cross in Anchorage, AK – Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Smart, gentle, extremely knowledgeable. Stanford trained, great credentials. Also very personable and caring.
Jack Frost in Anchorage, AK – Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I used to have a lot of respect for Dr. Mamikunian, and had visited his office several times over the years for my wife and step-son. But that is not the case any more. On our last visit I had to take my granddaughter to see him because she had a severe case of post viral vertigo. We were directed by her General Practitioner to see an Ears, Nose, and Throat Specialist. However on this visit, Dr Mamikunian was extremely rude and unprofessional to both me and my young granddaughter.
Steve Satterlee in ANCHORAGE – Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Dr Mamikunian has treated my chronic ear problem for 17 years, preventing its usual worsening over time so effectively that I have suffered no noticeable effects. I recommended Dr Creed to an elderly friend after 10 days of fruitless treatment by her own gp doctor; by now serious problem solved in one visit.. Dr Mamikunian made a pro bono house call to my mother as she was actively dying of cancer, to remove a large nasal mucus plug; Her grateful smile for him is unforgettable.
Therese J Syren in Anchorage, AK – Nov 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Excellent experience and results from my visit yesterday. Dr. Mamikunian is a pro, and he considered my condition and gave very good detail re what was happening and what to do. It made all the difference. Thank you very much.
Greg in Jacksonville, FL – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery with Dr Creed K Mamikunian, MD. I had been seeing him for the last three years for sinus infections that would not go away completely. He prescribed several medications and finally had one that worked well enough that I thought medication might work without surgery. However the infection continued. I had surgery December 22nd. It is now Mar 22nd and I can breath better now than the last ten years. I highly recommend this surgery and Dr. C Mamikunian.
James Huddelston in Anchorage, AK – Mar 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I had enlarged turbinates, pillow like sacs that filter air. Dr.M explained this to me and said the procedure was to shrink them. This was a 20-30 minute surgery-home the same day; a general anesthesia and stents removed 4 days later. The whole process was fast and efficient; the anesthesiologist Dr. McCall was the best I have ever encountered and mitigated my concerns.Surgical nurses & front desk both in office and surgery were helpful, relaxing and friendly! I can Breathe!!!
Kathryn McCormack in Anchorage, AK – Feb 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Dr. Mamikunian was excellent in all aspects of our health needs. He and his staff exceeded all of our expectations and needs. They were always prompt and on time, he explained all the procedures in a way we could understand, with a sense of humor and with kindness. We thank God we were referred to him and he was able to help us.
Casey Stout in Anchorage, AK – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Dr. M listened to my story, did an exam & then said what it could be & how we would go about treating it. In the end I needed extensive surgery. He told me up front that it was not a surgery he did often & was not comfortable preforming mine. So he sent me to a specialist in Seattle. Right now I am in my 6th month of aftercare. Most drs. would have performed surgery, done a post-op check then sent me on my way. Dr. M is knowledgeable, up front, genuinely kind and his staff is super sufficient.
Nicole in Eagle River, AK – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Dr. Mamikunian is highly competent and comes highly recommended. When my general practitioner asked if there was an ENT I'd like to see, I asked who he'd trust his life to. He recommended Dr. Mamikunian as being the best in Alaska. Every visit I've been treated promptly and very well. Dr. Mamikunian himself is kind, personable and takes the time to explain and answer questions. I've never felt rushed or uninformed. I don't generally give out the highest scores, but appropriate here.
Anchorage, Alaska – Oct 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Mamikunian after several recurrent bouts of strep throat, my tonsils were a mess. We both agreed that a tonsillectomy was the best choice. I had a very good experience with everything and would recommend him to anyone.
MelonG in Anchorage, AK – Oct 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Friendly and thorough. He took a wait and see approach with my vocal nodes which was the right course for me. I appreciate he was not quick to schedule surgery.
B W in Anchorage Ak – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I have seen dr Mamikunian many times In the last year. I was diagnosed with throats cancer and he has been invaluable in not only coordinating my care but always being available to me during the tough times as I went through therapy. As many in AK know it is difficult to find a physician who is both local and reasonably priced. Creed is both and I trust him implicitly.
Dan in Eagle river, AK – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
I found him to be short on patience when asking questions about ear surgery & the types of hearing losses. I spent a total of 8 minutes with Dr. Mamikinian & a quick standard look in the ear, mouth & nose exam & was sent on my way. Told me he to go see another Doctor as he did not like doing this type of operation any more. When i made my appt. they could have told me this, as they were sent my paperwork on what i needed. I traveled 45 miles to see him with a hefty chg. for a few minutes.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
p. wells in Eagle River, AK – Oct 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Bothered with hoarseness and he was able to diagnose my case in minutes. He listened to my questions and concerns. Testing was done to cover all bases and make sure there were no other issues causing this. His waiting rooms are bright and cheerful! His staff is very friendly and efficient. Dr Mamikunian was highly recommended to me and I pass that confidence on!
Diane K. in Fairbanks, AK – Aug 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mamikunian?

Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in medical care.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat