Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD
Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Anchorage, AK. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Mamikunian is affiliated with Alaska Regional Hospital.

2401 E 42nd Ave Ste 206

Anchorage, AK 99508

Learn about Dr. Mamikunian

See how frequently Dr. Mamikunian performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Earwax Buildup
Ear Disorders
Outer Ear Infection
high

Dr. Mamikunian's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alaska.

• Tulane University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • UCLA Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Loyola University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Mamikunian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mamikunian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mamikunian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mamikunian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mamikunian to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Mamikunian's Performance
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr Mamikunian has treated my chronic ear problem for 17 years, preventing its usual worsening over time so effectively that I have suffered no noticeable effects. I recommended Dr Creed to an elderly friend after 10 days of fruitless treatment by her own gp doctor; by now serious problem solved in one visit.. Dr Mamikunian made a pro bono house call to my mother as she was actively dying of cancer, to remove a large nasal mucus plug; Her grateful smile for him is unforgettable.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Excellent experience and results from my visit yesterday. Dr. Mamikunian is a pro, and he considered my condition and gave very good detail re what was happening and what to do. It made all the difference. Thank you very much.
in Anchorage, AK |
I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery with Dr Creed K Mamikunian, MD. I had been seeing him for the last three years for sinus infections that would not go away completely. He prescribed several medications and finally had one that worked well enough that I thought medication might work without surgery. However the infection continued. I had surgery December 22nd. It is now Mar 22nd and I can breath better now than the last ten years. I highly recommend this surgery and Dr. C Mamikunian.
in Anchorage, AK |
I had enlarged turbinates, pillow like sacs that filter air. Dr.M explained this to me and said the procedure was to shrink them. This was a 20-30 minute surgery-home the same day; a general anesthesia and stents removed 4 days later. The whole process was fast and efficient; the anesthesiologist Dr. McCall was the best I have ever encountered and mitigated my concerns.Surgical nurses & front desk both in office and surgery were helpful, relaxing and friendly! I can Breathe!!!
in Anchorage, AK |
Dr. Mamikunian was excellent in all aspects of our health needs. He and his staff exceeded all of our expectations and needs. They were always prompt and on time, he explained all the procedures in a way we could understand, with a sense of humor and with kindness. We thank God we were referred to him and he was able to help us.
in Eagle River, AK |
Dr. M listened to my story, did an exam & then said what it could be & how we would go about treating it. In the end I needed extensive surgery. He told me up front that it was not a surgery he did often & was not comfortable preforming mine. So he sent me to a specialist in Seattle. Right now I am in my 6th month of aftercare. Most drs. would have performed surgery, done a post-op check then sent me on my way. Dr. M is knowledgeable, up front, genuinely kind and his staff is super sufficient.
Anchorage, Alaska |
Dr. Mamikunian is highly competent and comes highly recommended. When my general practitioner asked if there was an ENT I'd like to see, I asked who he'd trust his life to. He recommended Dr. Mamikunian as being the best in Alaska. Every visit I've been treated promptly and very well. Dr. Mamikunian himself is kind, personable and takes the time to explain and answer questions. I've never felt rushed or uninformed. I don't generally give out the highest scores, but appropriate here.
in Anchorage, AK |
I was referred to Dr. Mamikunian after several recurrent bouts of strep throat, my tonsils were a mess. We both agreed that a tonsillectomy was the best choice. I had a very good experience with everything and would recommend him to anyone.
in Anchorage Ak |
Friendly and thorough. He took a wait and see approach with my vocal nodes which was the right course for me. I appreciate he was not quick to schedule surgery.
in Eagle river, AK |
I have seen dr Mamikunian many times In the last year. I was diagnosed with throats cancer and he has been invaluable in not only coordinating my care but always being available to me during the tough times as I went through therapy. As many in AK know it is difficult to find a physician who is both local and reasonably priced. Creed is both and I trust him implicitly.
in Eagle River, AK |
I found him to be short on patience when asking questions about ear surgery & the types of hearing losses. I spent a total of 8 minutes with Dr. Mamikinian & a quick standard look in the ear, mouth & nose exam & was sent on my way. Told me he to go see another Doctor as he did not like doing this type of operation any more. When i made my appt. they could have told me this, as they were sent my paperwork on what i needed. I traveled 45 miles to see him with a hefty chg. for a few minutes.
in Fairbanks, AK |
Bothered with hoarseness and he was able to diagnose my case in minutes. He listened to my questions and concerns. Testing was done to cover all bases and make sure there were no other issues causing this. His waiting rooms are bright and cheerful! His staff is very friendly and efficient. Dr Mamikunian was highly recommended to me and I pass that confidence on!
Have you seen Dr. Creed Mamikunian, MD?
Are you Dr. Mamikunian?