Dr. Craig Yunk, MD

Family Medicine ·  Male

Dr. Yunk

Family Medicine of Celebration

1530 Celebration Blvd Ste 101 Celebration, FL 34747

Dr. Craig Yunk, MD is a family medicine specialist in Celebration, FL. He graduated from St. George's University and specializes in family medicine, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Yunk's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yunk

3.5

Dr. Yunk?
Dr. Yunk's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Craig Yunk, MD
As a physician, I can attest that Dr. Craig Yunk is an excellent family doctor, caring, empathetic and smart. Unfortunately, his staff turned me away as a patient despite my having a new patient appointment because this practice is NOT ACCEPTING NEW MEDICARE PATIENTS. Capping government insurance programs is to ensure room for better paying and less labor intensive patient is not uncommon, but itnis sad that such a good doctor is unavailable even to a fellow physician. FIVE STAR DOCTOR plus NEGATIVE FOUR STAR PRACTICE MANAGEMENT equals a ONE STAR RATING. Sorry Craig.
Hello Maurice, We're really sorry to hear about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Very thorough, caring, and compassionate. Does not rush to leave the rom but takes his time with each individual patient appointment.
We're so glad to hear you had a wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Highly recommended. I’ve never waited more than 5-7 minutes for my appointment. My 4-year old twins love going to him and we all feel very comfortable with him
Thank you for the kind words, Jamie. We're glad...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Dr. Yunk is great... the problem is trying to get in to see him. First, Florida Hospital has the WORST appointment booking system. When you call, you are taken to the general Florida Hospital hotline, once they have your information they then try to transfer you to the office of the doctor. If the office doesn't pick up the phone, the person on the hotline will tell you to try again at another time and hang up. If you do get a hold of the office, the wait time is 2-3 weeks to see Dr. Yunk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Dr. Yunk has been wonderful. After moving to FL and looking for a new PCP, I was recommended to see him and he has been wonderful. He's always so kind and patient, welcoming me and if there ever is a delay, he's very apologetic. He also seems very knowledgeable about other areas and I have faith in specialists he refers to. The office staff has always been very kind and accommodating, especially with my last-minute requests for appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Dr Yunk is a good doctor, however i had an issue with his after hours answering service . Dawn (operator 21) was very rude to me . She cut off my every sentence, was very short and showed no concern for my problem. I felt like she just wanted me off the phone to go on to her next "problem caller". I know this is not an employee of Dr Yunk but is a bad representation of the practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
At first I thought he was great, but he's not. He doesn't want anything to do with preventative medicine. He also could be bothered to find a different prescription for my migraines when the one he chose wasn't covered by my insurance. They wanted me to choose a medicine that was covered! How am I supposed to know which medicine to choose? He's a jerk. The P.A. Dawn is awesome, so until I change Dr.'s, I'll just go to her for anything easy like antibiotics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
I have a complex medical record with some complex chronic conditions that all affect one another. Dr. Yunk has taken the time to get to understand each one so that he understands how my body is going to react to different things and has been open with me when he simply has run out of answers, but yet doesn't give up. I've yet to come across any other GP like this! While I sometimes do have communication issues with office staff, it's a busy office, I have had no problem with my care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
I have had great results with Dr. Yunk and Dawn Winslow. Both have good bedside manor and worked with me on various issues. The office staff-well that is a different story. Repeated screw ups on calling in prescriptions, confirming appointments, and simply returning phone calls. If the staff was half as competent as Dr. Yunk or Dawn Winslow, this would be the best office in town.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Did a Drs. office visit with Dr. Yunk and attending nurse was surly, the Dr. was too hurried and uncaring about my medical issues. They charged me over $500 for an office visit when I only needed precription refills. Clearly all about the money and not the patient's care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
DR Yunk a good doctor but his office has a problem getting your prescriptions right or calling it in. I have had numerous problems with prescriptions not being called in or being called in for incorrect quantities or refills. Whoever is responsible for this task is failing and needs to be replaced.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Since this doctor isn't accepting my current insurance plan (which I told them at check in), I should have been charged the cash price. But alas, no. The bill was run through insurance, and i subsequently was charged over $300 for a visit that lasted less than 7 minutes. The office will not re-run the bill at the cash price, affirming my suspicion that it price gauges the less fortunate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Dr Yunk shows no concern about your medical needs or concerns; he sits there with a smerk on his face as if he can't wait to get out of the room. you call for records, never receive them, call for refills they don't refill or call you back to say they can't refill until you make an appointment. he's always running 40-60 minutes behind on his appointments with no apology or concern for your timeframe. just horrible service - need a new doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Saw Dawn Winslow a PA in Dr. Yunk's office. Only went to the office twice. I needed some FMLA paperwork filled out and gave instructions not to disclosure my condition which is my right under HIPPA laws. After over 8 weeks of waiting the paper was finally filled out and faxed to my employee with my condition listed. Then they send me a letter dropping me as a patient. I was given less than 30 days to find another doctor. I felt this office was very unprofessional on how they handled this.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
I recently started taking my 2 year old son to Dr Yunk and he is always so great with him and never rushes us. We're so happy we moved to his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
In search for a new medical provider, Dr. Yunk came highly recommended by a friend. I was very excited to experience this new practice and made an appointment for 9/19/16. The day prior to my appointment, I never received a confirmation call. I called the office to confirm and spoke to someone named Lorraine (I believe) at around 10am. I told her that I wanted to confirm my time for the next day as I had never received a call. She asked me for my name and birthdate and told me that she did
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
I had my first visit as a new patient today and was very impressed with the professionalism in the office, the demeanor of the staff, and the doctor's manner were very impressive. I have a new medical home.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
Dr. Yunk showed no concern for my medical needs. I have been on the same medication for over 8 years and I felt like I had to practically twist his arm to get him to understand my needs for a prescription that I need. I do not abuse this medication and he made me feel like he did not care about my needs. Finding a new doctor in a new town and state is scary enough. I feel like I have to start all over once again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
HOW CAN YOU TRUST A DOCTOR WHEN HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT DRUGS OR SUPPLEMENTS HE IS TAKING! (AND HE HAS TO ASK HIS STAFF ABOUT IT??) OFFICE STAFF IS HORRIBLE, CANNOT EVER GET THEM ON THE PHONE, ONLY THE SERVICE. I HAD TO GO TO THE OFFICE TO PICK UP A PRESCRIPTION, THE OFFICE WAS CLOSED DURING BUSINESS HOURS. HE ALSO REFUSED TO DO LAB WORK OR XRAYS, JUST WROTE A PRESCRIPTION FOR A MONTH OF ANTIBIOTICS. (THAT I DID NOT EVEN NEED). ALL I GOT WAS MORE SICK AND A HUGE BILL!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Yunk, MD?
First time visit, very nice Dr. Dr Yunk listened to me! Most doctors don't listen nowadays. He seemed to have a gentle soul, caring, compassionate and friendly. I will be taking my kids to him. So far, from my first impression, I would recommend this doctor.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Yunk?

• Preventive Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

Center for Family Medicine
St. George's University

Dr. Yunk accepts

Dr. Yunk accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Yunk treats your condition or procedure

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Yunk treats patients.