Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Craig Yamamoto, DDS
Though Dr. Yamamoto was born in Urbana, IL, he was raised in Honolulu, HI, after his family returned to their roots. Originally, Dr. Yamamoto wanted to be a social worker so that he could help people. After a couple of years gaining social service experience, he decided he wanted a change, so he chose to return to Illinois and attend dental school. He was inspired by his uncle, who was a dentist, and felt that he'd enjoy the profession and the opportunity to work with his hands. After beginning his education and volunteering to gain experience, Dr. Yamamoto discovered his passion for surgery. His wife encouraged him to pursue his dream, and so Dr. Yamamoto began his journey to become an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Dr. Yamamoto is extremely interested in orthognathic and trauma therapy but ultimately found his niche in implants. The most rewarding part of his job is his ability to restore someone's health with implant therapy. He enjoys the chance at completely changing someone's life with treatment.

1441 Kapiolani Blvd Ste 1720

Honolulu, HI 96814

• MetLife

Learn about Dr. Yamamoto

This content was provided by Dr. Yamamoto "I want to provide exceptional treatment to my patients and have worked hard to assemble a team who places the patient at the center of everything we do. I am dedicated to providing my patients with quality care in a friendly and comfortable environment."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Orthognathic Surgery
  • Restoration of Dental Implants
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• University Of Hawaii At Manoa
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Northwestern University / Dental School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital
  • University Of California San Francisco

Dr. Yamamoto has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Yamamoto has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yamamoto does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yamamoto and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yamamoto's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yamamoto to family and friends
Dr. Yamamoto's Performance
Honolulu, HI |
All four children have had their wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Craig Yamamoto and we have been very happy with the results: no complications, minimal swelling and no bruising!
We are pleased to hear that all your children's wisdom teeth removal procedures went well. It is vital to our business to know how we are doing, and we are very thankful that you took the time to let us know we are on track and providing exceptional care. This is our top priority.
in Honolulu, HI |
Due to improper diagnosis and treatment from other dentists in California and Hawaii, I lost five of my upper front teeth due to gum problems and loss of bone structure around the teeth. Dr Yamamoto started a program to treat my gums and restore the area around the lost teeth with bone grafts. The program was successful, and he then provided three implants that now support my new beautiful and functional front teeth. Dr Yamamoto and his staff have been great throughout the whole process!
Thank you so much, Mai. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. Knowing about your experience at our practice allows us to give future patients exceptional care and provide the best possible outcome. Thank you so much for leaving this review and letting us know how we did.
in Mililani, HI |
When I was told that I would need an implant, I was quite nervous about it. However, I was put quickly at ease by Dr. Yamamoto and his staff. Every person that I came in contact with was always very friendly and explained step by step what would be happening. I felt in good hands and that Dr. Yamamoto took care and consideration of my level of comfort during the actual procedure and thereafter. My overall experience turned out to be a good one and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Yamamoto and the staff of Oral Surgery Hawaii made my wisdom teeth extraction much easier than I thought it would be. All the questions I had were answered so I always felt knowledgeable about my options. The pre- and post-op instructions on the Oral Surgery Hawaii website were easy to find and I felt confident that I would be able to follow them before and after my surgery. All the staff I had the opportunity to meet were welcoming and courteous.
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Aiea, HI |
I had 2 implants, and a bone graft done by Dr. Yamamoto. The first inplant was very scary, ?? but I think my second inplant was much easier. I would definitely recommend Dr. Yamamoto and his wonderful staff to anyone who asked.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
in Kapolei hi |
Wow It took me 3 years to do my 2 implants after referral to dr.yamamoto, I really don't know why I waited that Long! The pre-op and the procedure was done on Oct 2, 2016 I literally had no pain during entire procedure even the days following the procedure I am extremely thankful!! I had such professional assistants and Doctor I am sooo happy that I was recommended to go here! You are the BEST!!!
in Pearl City, HI |
I have had 4 dental surgeries and 3 implants done by Dr. Yamamoto. All of the procedures went very well. I felt very secure In his hands because he explained what he would be doing and he took the time to answer all my questions. He also worked very closely with my dentist Dr. Candace Wada, keeping her informed and coordinating all of my appointments.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr Yamamoto is a very caring oral surgeon. He made me very comfortable in all parts of the exams and procedures. I have had 4 dental implants from this oral surgeon and highly recommend him.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Yamamoto and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable! I would recommend him to family and friends because of his great service and expertise. They also take their time with each patient to answer any questions. Personally, my wisdom teeth extraction was better than what I was expecting. In general, the extraction was quick and the staff truly cares about the patient's well-being.
very, very satisfied.
in Honolulu, HI |
Very professional. They explain what they are going to do and what you should expect very clearly. I went for an extraction and implant. It was quick and pain free. I highly recommend seeing him.
in Honolulu, HI |
Had an upper molar extracted. Quick and painless. No problems. Professional.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Yamamoto, DDS?

Visit Dr. Yamamoto