Dr. Craig McAllister, MD

Dr. Craig McAllister, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Craig McAllister, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Kirkland, WA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Washington School Of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

12911 120th Ave NE Ste H210

Kirkland, WA 98034

• First Choice Health
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. McAllister's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McAllister's conditions and procedures:

• ACL Surgery
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Artificial Hip Joint Damage
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

"Craig McAllister, MD is in private practice in Kirkland, Washington. He is a fellowship trained, sub-specialist in hip and knee surgery and a respected authority in complex adult joint reconstruction, total joint replacement, and arthroscopy of the ...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

3.9

Dr. McAllister?
Dr. McAllister's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Craig McAllister, MD
Dr Craig McAllister is at the top of his field because of his complete dedication and passion to improve every aspect of joint replacement. In January Dr McAllister used his Swiftpath Method of Minimally Invasive Procedure, and computer nav to give me a pain free new left knee.. OAin both knees had caused me terrible pain for years. Every thing went perfectly with the surgery, including an almost invisible scar of only 4 inches. Yesterday, 10/17/2017 a new right knee! I was home 6 Hrs later! ???
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Excellent Dr who genuinely cares about his patients. The educational process prior to and after surgery really helps outline expectations. At appointments he never seems rushed and makes sure to answer all your questions. His staff is also very organized and helpful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
This is my 2nd knee getting done by Dr Mcallister -- I was able to get better with in 2 1/2 weeks -- now I am not saying there isn't any pain believe me there is , but with his method the process works faster.. Dr McAllister is a very kind doctor and only wants the best for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
I have just completed my 2nd surgery ( TKA 1st/ THA 2nd) with Dr McAllister and my husband has had one TKA. We could not be more pleased.. communication is excellent, expectations are well laid out. ..multimodal pain control is revolutionary.. my hip replacement required no pain meds at all.. I used no more than Tylenol and Advil. What Dr McAllister and his team do regarding joint replacements is amazing. We are very lucky we were referred to Dr McAllisters team. Consider this my referral.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
I had both hips replaced by Dr. McAllister, both operations having gone very smoothly. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. McAllister and Jeff Stepanian as well. Dr. McAllister is very down to earth, straightforward and no BS, which I found to be terribly refreshing. Both of my surgeries were very easy, which meant I didn't have (or require) a lot of bedside manor from him. I suppose some people might be looking for more, but my health and recovery is primarily my responsibility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Dr McAllister has replaced my left hip 12 years ago and now both knees 6 month apart. Each surgery went extremely well with minimal pain with no need to use any narcotics for pain management. I followed the Swift Path protocol very closely. Since I work at a desk most of the I was able to go back to work 9 days after each of my total knee replacements, although I doubt he would have approved that. I think his teams great work plus following the Swift Path protocol allowed my Swift recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Developed DVT (deep vein thrombosis ) 3 months after surgery dispite six weeks of PT. Returned to his office at six and twelve months asking questions and getting no answers. I never saw Mc Allister again after leaving hospital always his PAC. I have chosen a different dr for my other knee, obtained a copy of my x-rays and chart notes, read them and noticed NO mention of the clot which is still there 18 months later. I wonder if it had anything to do with my being in an outcome study group.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Dr McAllister and his PA Jeff Stepanian were terrific both technically and in terms personal attention. I had a total knee replacement as an outpatient a year ago and from the first visit , through the education program, the procedure and the recovery I got the very best of care. The office staff was great. I am biking, hiking, and race walking (not to mention golfing). Nicely done, thanks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
After meeting with Dr. McAllister and his PA regarding knee surgery I chose another surgeon. Dr. McAllister and his PA were arrogant, condescending, unwilling to listen to concerns or respond. The way they treat the woman who runs the Swift program was shocking. I was present when the PA talked down to her. I found another surgeon who not only was willing to answer my questions and explain his approach, he was patient and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
I am very happy with everything about Dr. McAllister relating to my hip replacement surgery on August 20, 2016: pre-op consultations, the surgery itself, and post-op consultations. I suffered very little pain, probably the result of the pain-killing injections administered during surgery, and was putting some weight on the leg from the beginning and full weight for brief periods a little over a week later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
DR MC ALLISTER PERFORMED MY SECOND ACL REPAIR OVER 20 YEARS AGO. MY KNEE DEGENERATION HAS PROGRESSED TO THE POINT THAT A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT WAS REQUIRED. DR MCALLISTER USED THE MINIMAL INVASION / COMPUTER AIDED ALIGNMENT TECHNIQUES. MY RECOVERY HAS BEEN UNBELIEVABLE. AT 6 WEEKS I HAVE NO SWELLING PRESENT, 0 TO 120 DEGREES ROM. I CAN WALK STAIRS EFFORTLESSLY. I HAVE NOT MEET ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A QUICKER RECOVERY THAN WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING. I COULDN'T BE MORE SATISFIED
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister is very good at his profession. I have known him for many years as my Wife had both hips replaced by him. The Swift Path program is wonderful. It gets the patient informed and involved in the process. It also shows Dr. McAllister is on the leading edge of the new technology. My recovery was very fast and I was fully functional, although still needing crutches and other aids, in about a week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
I had a partial knee replacement 7 years ago and a hip replacement 3 months ago. Dr McAllister and his staff were amazing. Wonderful at explaining both times what I should expect. Of course things have changed quite a bit in 7 years and my knee replacement recovery wasn't as smooth as the hip was but I can not rave enough at how easy the hip recovery has been an how wonderful I feel! Absolutely would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
I had a positive experience with Dr. McAllister. I would recommend him to family and friends. I felt empowered throughout the process. Encouraging patients to be part of the process made a huge impact on me and my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Had two complete hip replacements within 11 week period. I would definitely do it again, he has changed my life. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
I had a total hip replacement and was scared to death. Dr McAllister eased my mind with his confidence in what he doing. He is the best doctor I've met in the state of Washinton and believe there is no better doctor. My other hip needs to be replaced and I will be back to have it done. I never had to take any narcotics ! How wonderful! He's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Total knee replacement. In terms of pain, discomfort, and mobility I am in the same place I was before the surgery. His remedy for my continuous concern was keep taking pain medication! It's been 2 years from the surgery now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McAllister?

ProOrtho

Heritage Signature
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN
Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McAllister treats patients.