Dr. Craig McAllister, MD

Dr. Craig McAllister, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

ProOrtho 12911 120th Ave NE Ste H210 Kirkland, WA 98034 Get Directions

Craig McAllister, MD is in private practice in Kirkland, Washington. He is a fellowship trained, sub-specialist in hip and knee surgery and a respected authority in complex adult joint reconstruction, total joint replacement, and arthroscopy of the knee. He is committed to delivering the finest patient care possible, community service, research and education. Dr. McAllister has served a consultant and design surgeon for Stryker Orthopedics, Managing Partner of ProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons, and Head of Orthopedics at Evergreen Hospital.

Dr McAllister is the past Director of Hip and Knee Replacement at Evergreen Hospital and previously served as Chief Medical Officer for Operativ. He has consulted with multiple device companies on the design of minimally invasive instruments for joint replacement and continues as a recognized expert and educator for other surgeons who are learning MIS techniques. He presently serves as President and Chief Medical Officer of The SwiftPath Program, a medical consulting company focused on education and quality improvement related to joint replacement. He is on the Editorial Board of The Journal of Arthroplasty. He brings to the Pacific Northwest what 425 Magazine's editors identified as "ten medical professionals who were going above and beyond the call of duty and were leaders in their field." He is listed among the Washington's top doctors by Superdoctors, Washington Magazine, and Seattle Magazine.

His education includes graduating Magna Cum Laude from Seattle University with degrees In Chemistry and Philosophy and graduating with Honors in Medicine from the University of Washington. He subsequently served as Chief Resident during his orthopedic residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Finally, he served as the Special Fellow in hip and knee reconstruction at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. McAllister's research and publications demonstrate his extensive involvement in academic medicine and his commitment to lifelong education. To date, he has 14 peer reviewed publications, 3 book chapters and over 25 regional, national, and international academic presentations to his credit. He routinely lectures at local, regional, national and international events. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons.

Dr. McAllister's Experience

See how Dr. McAllister's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McAllister

Dr. McAllister accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. McAllister has admitting privileges.

Dr. McAllister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McAllister to family and friends
Dr. McAllister's Performance
Dr Craig McAllister has been extraordinary and his staff as well. I have a stack of his business cards in my wallet to refer my friends and family to him as well. His education was what first drew me in, but his human side for caring and listening is what sets them apart from others. The Swithpath method is the way to go. I have zero pain in my left knee, and it's been nine weeks since surgery. I was out of the hospital in less than 23 hours. I could not be happier with the outcome.
in Kennewick, WA |
Excellent Dr who genuinely cares about his patients. The educational process prior to and after surgery really helps outline expectations. At appointments he never seems rushed and makes sure to answer all your questions. His staff is also very organized and helpful
in Bothell, WA |
This is my 2nd knee getting done by Dr Mcallister -- I was able to get better with in 2 1/2 weeks -- now I am not saying there isn't any pain believe me there is , but with his method the process works faster.. Dr McAllister is a very kind doctor and only wants the best for his patients.
Bothell, WA |
I am about to get my 2 knee replacement from Dr. McAllister and I can say that he is the best. I was walking out of the hospital the same day and on my own within 2 1/2 weeks with my first knee replacement. Dr. McAllister is a good doctor but also a good man, he is caring and very kind. I am going in on the 17th of January to get my 2 knee done and have such a peace knowing that he and his staff will do a wonderful job on my left knee!
in Arlington, WA |
I have just completed my 2nd surgery ( TKA 1st/ THA 2nd) with Dr McAllister and my husband has had one TKA. We could not be more pleased.. communication is excellent, expectations are well laid out. ..multimodal pain control is revolutionary.. my hip replacement required no pain meds at all.. I used no more than Tylenol and Advil. What Dr McAllister and his team do regarding joint replacements is amazing. We are very lucky we were referred to Dr McAllisters team. Consider this my referral.
in Woodinville, WA |
I had both hips replaced by Dr. McAllister, both operations having gone very smoothly. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. McAllister and Jeff Stepanian as well. Dr. McAllister is very down to earth, straightforward and no BS, which I found to be terribly refreshing. Both of my surgeries were very easy, which meant I didn't have (or require) a lot of bedside manor from him. I suppose some people might be looking for more, but my health and recovery is primarily my responsibility.
in Arlington, WA |
We are thrilled. This is the 2nd family TKR over a 10 year span & a few days from a total hip. We both found Dr. McAllister and Jeff Stephani interested, competent & their work is impressive. We and our referrals have found them enjoyable. I suspect he doesn't like whiners or people who don't accept their responsibility in outcome but I'm surprised that he has anything but 5 stars all the way around. Honestly, with McAllister available imperplexed why anyone wouldn't use him.
in Kirkland, WA |
Dr McAllister has replaced my left hip 12 years ago and now both knees 6 month apart. Each surgery went extremely well with minimal pain with no need to use any narcotics for pain management. I followed the Swift Path protocol very closely. Since I work at a desk most of the I was able to go back to work 9 days after each of my total knee replacements, although I doubt he would have approved that. I think his teams great work plus following the Swift Path protocol allowed my Swift recovery.
in Hailey, ID |
Developed DVT (deep vein thrombosis ) 3 months after surgery dispite six weeks of PT. Returned to his office at six and twelve months asking questions and getting no answers. I never saw Mc Allister again after leaving hospital always his PAC. I have chosen a different dr for my other knee, obtained a copy of my x-rays and chart notes, read them and noticed NO mention of the clot which is still there 18 months later. I wonder if it had anything to do with my being in an outcome study group.
in Bellingham, WA |
Dr McAllister and his PA Jeff Stepanian were terrific both technically and in terms personal attention. I had a total knee replacement as an outpatient a year ago and from the first visit , through the education program, the procedure and the recovery I got the very best of care. The office staff was great. I am biking, hiking, and race walking (not to mention golfing). Nicely done, thanks!
Kirkland, WA |
After meeting with Dr. McAllister and his PA regarding knee surgery I chose another surgeon. Dr. McAllister and his PA were arrogant, condescending, unwilling to listen to concerns or respond. The way they treat the woman who runs the Swift program was shocking. I was present when the PA talked down to her. I found another surgeon who not only was willing to answer my questions and explain his approach, he was patient and kind.
in Bothell, WA |
I am very happy with everything about Dr. McAllister relating to my hip replacement surgery on August 20, 2016: pre-op consultations, the surgery itself, and post-op consultations. I suffered very little pain, probably the result of the pain-killing injections administered during surgery, and was putting some weight on the leg from the beginning and full weight for brief periods a little over a week later.
in Seattle, WA |
DR MC ALLISTER PERFORMED MY SECOND ACL REPAIR OVER 20 YEARS AGO. MY KNEE DEGENERATION HAS PROGRESSED TO THE POINT THAT A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT WAS REQUIRED. DR MCALLISTER USED THE MINIMAL INVASION / COMPUTER AIDED ALIGNMENT TECHNIQUES. MY RECOVERY HAS BEEN UNBELIEVABLE. AT 6 WEEKS I HAVE NO SWELLING PRESENT, 0 TO 120 DEGREES ROM. I CAN WALK STAIRS EFFORTLESSLY. I HAVE NOT MEET ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A QUICKER RECOVERY THAN WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING. I COULDN'T BE MORE SATISFIED
in Bothell, WA |
Dr. McAllister is very good at his profession. I have known him for many years as my Wife had both hips replaced by him. The Swift Path program is wonderful. It gets the patient informed and involved in the process. It also shows Dr. McAllister is on the leading edge of the new technology. My recovery was very fast and I was fully functional, although still needing crutches and other aids, in about a week.
in Bothell, WA |
I had a partial knee replacement 7 years ago and a hip replacement 3 months ago. Dr McAllister and his staff were amazing. Wonderful at explaining both times what I should expect. Of course things have changed quite a bit in 7 years and my knee replacement recovery wasn't as smooth as the hip was but I can not rave enough at how easy the hip recovery has been an how wonderful I feel! Absolutely would recommend him to anyone!
in Seattle, WA |
I had a positive experience with Dr. McAllister. I would recommend him to family and friends. I felt empowered throughout the process. Encouraging patients to be part of the process made a huge impact on me and my recovery.
in Kirkland, WA |
Had two complete hip replacements within 11 week period. I would definitely do it again, he has changed my life. Thank you.
in Arlington, WA |
I had a total hip replacement and was scared to death. Dr McAllister eased my mind with his confidence in what he doing. He is the best doctor I've met in the state of Washinton and believe there is no better doctor. My other hip needs to be replaced and I will be back to have it done. I never had to take any narcotics ! How wonderful! He's the best!
Bellevue, WA |
Total knee replacement. In terms of pain, discomfort, and mobility I am in the same place I was before the surgery. His remedy for my continuous concern was keep taking pain medication! It's been 2 years from the surgery now.
Have you seen Dr. Craig McAllister, MD?
Are you Dr. McAllister?

Compare Dr. McAllister

}

Dr. McAllister says...

Dr. McAllister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. McAllister has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. McAllister's Board Certifications

Cleveland Clinic Special Fellow In Hip & Knee Replacement

Completed in 1991

Seattle University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. McAllister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McAllister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics