Dr. Craig M. McAllister, MD

Dr. Craig M. McAllister, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 59 years old

49 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Dr. McAllister specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Kirkland, WA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. McAllister? Add your own statement here.

Dr. McAllister's Experience

See how Dr. McAllister's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McAllister

Dr. McAllister accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. McAllister has admitting privileges.

Dr. McAllister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McAllister to family and friends
3.9
Experience with Dr. McAllister
Dr. McAllister's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (48)
in Kennewick, WA |
Excellent Dr who genuinely cares about his patients. The educational process prior to and after surgery really helps outline expectations. At appointments he never seems rushed and makes sure to answer all your questions. His staff is also very organized and helpful
in Bothell, WA |
This is my 2nd knee getting done by Dr Mcallister -- I was able to get better with in 2 1/2 weeks -- now I am not saying there isn't any pain believe me there is , but with his method the process works faster.. Dr McAllister is a very kind doctor and only wants the best for his patients.
Bothell, WA |
I am about to get my 2 knee replacement from Dr. McAllister and I can say that he is the best. I was walking out of the hospital the same day and on my own within 2 1/2 weeks with my first knee replacement. Dr. McAllister is a good doctor but also a good man, he is caring and very kind. I am going in on the 17th of January to get my 2 knee done and have such a peace knowing that he and his staff will do a wonderful job on my left knee!
in Arlington, WA |
I have just completed my 2nd surgery ( TKA 1st/ THA 2nd) with Dr McAllister and my husband has had one TKA. We could not be more pleased.. communication is excellent, expectations are well laid out. ..multimodal pain control is revolutionary.. my hip replacement required no pain meds at all.. I used no more than Tylenol and Advil. What Dr McAllister and his team do regarding joint replacements is amazing. We are very lucky we were referred to Dr McAllisters team. Consider this my referral.
in Woodinville, WA |
I had both hips replaced by Dr. McAllister, both operations having gone very smoothly. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. McAllister and Jeff Stepanian as well. Dr. McAllister is very down to earth, straightforward and no BS, which I found to be terribly refreshing. Both of my surgeries were very easy, which meant I didn't have (or require) a lot of bedside manor from him. I suppose some people might be looking for more, but my health and recovery is primarily my responsibility.
in Arlington, WA |
We are thrilled. This is the 2nd family TKR over a 10 year span & a few days from a total hip. We both found Dr. McAllister and Jeff Stephani interested, competent & their work is impressive. We and our referrals have found them enjoyable. I suspect he doesn't like whiners or people who don't accept their responsibility in outcome but I'm surprised that he has anything but 5 stars all the way around. Honestly, with McAllister available imperplexed why anyone wouldn't use him.
in Kirkland, WA |
Dr McAllister has replaced my left hip 12 years ago and now both knees 6 month apart. Each surgery went extremely well with minimal pain with no need to use any narcotics for pain management. I followed the Swift Path protocol very closely. Since I work at a desk most of the I was able to go back to work 9 days after each of my total knee replacements, although I doubt he would have approved that. I think his teams great work plus following the Swift Path protocol allowed my Swift recovery.
in Hailey, ID |
Developed DVT (deep vein thrombosis ) 3 months after surgery dispite six weeks of PT. Returned to his office at six and twelve months asking questions and getting no answers. I never saw Mc Allister again after leaving hospital always his PAC. I have chosen a different dr for my other knee, obtained a copy of my x-rays and chart notes, read them and noticed NO mention of the clot which is still there 18 months later. I wonder if it had anything to do with my being in an outcome study group.
in Bellingham, WA |
Dr McAllister and his PA Jeff Stepanian were terrific both technically and in terms personal attention. I had a total knee replacement as an outpatient a year ago and from the first visit , through the education program, the procedure and the recovery I got the very best of care. The office staff was great. I am biking, hiking, and race walking (not to mention golfing). Nicely done, thanks!
Kirkland, WA |
After meeting with Dr. McAllister and his PA regarding knee surgery I chose another surgeon. Dr. McAllister and his PA were arrogant, condescending, unwilling to listen to concerns or respond. The way they treat the woman who runs the Swift program was shocking. I was present when the PA talked down to her. I found another surgeon who not only was willing to answer my questions and explain his approach, he was patient and kind.
in Bothell, WA |
I am very happy with everything about Dr. McAllister relating to my hip replacement surgery on August 20, 2016: pre-op consultations, the surgery itself, and post-op consultations. I suffered very little pain, probably the result of the pain-killing injections administered during surgery, and was putting some weight on the leg from the beginning and full weight for brief periods a little over a week later.
in Seattle, WA |
DR MC ALLISTER PERFORMED MY SECOND ACL REPAIR OVER 20 YEARS AGO. MY KNEE DEGENERATION HAS PROGRESSED TO THE POINT THAT A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT WAS REQUIRED. DR MCALLISTER USED THE MINIMAL INVASION / COMPUTER AIDED ALIGNMENT TECHNIQUES. MY RECOVERY HAS BEEN UNBELIEVABLE. AT 6 WEEKS I HAVE NO SWELLING PRESENT, 0 TO 120 DEGREES ROM. I CAN WALK STAIRS EFFORTLESSLY. I HAVE NOT MEET ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A QUICKER RECOVERY THAN WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING. I COULDN'T BE MORE SATISFIED
in Bothell, WA |
Dr. McAllister is very good at his profession. I have known him for many years as my Wife had both hips replaced by him. The Swift Path program is wonderful. It gets the patient informed and involved in the process. It also shows Dr. McAllister is on the leading edge of the new technology. My recovery was very fast and I was fully functional, although still needing crutches and other aids, in about a week.
in Bothell, WA |
I had a partial knee replacement 7 years ago and a hip replacement 3 months ago. Dr McAllister and his staff were amazing. Wonderful at explaining both times what I should expect. Of course things have changed quite a bit in 7 years and my knee replacement recovery wasn't as smooth as the hip was but I can not rave enough at how easy the hip recovery has been an how wonderful I feel! Absolutely would recommend him to anyone!
in Seattle, WA |
I had a positive experience with Dr. McAllister. I would recommend him to family and friends. I felt empowered throughout the process. Encouraging patients to be part of the process made a huge impact on me and my recovery.
in Kirkland, WA |
Had two complete hip replacements within 11 week period. I would definitely do it again, he has changed my life. Thank you.
in Arlington, WA |
I had a total hip replacement and was scared to death. Dr McAllister eased my mind with his confidence in what he doing. He is the best doctor I've met in the state of Washinton and believe there is no better doctor. My other hip needs to be replaced and I will be back to have it done. I never had to take any narcotics ! How wonderful! He's the best!
Bellevue, WA |
Total knee replacement. In terms of pain, discomfort, and mobility I am in the same place I was before the surgery. His remedy for my continuous concern was keep taking pain medication! It's been 2 years from the surgery now.
Have you seen Dr. Craig M. McAllister, MD?
Are you Dr. McAllister?

Compare Dr. McAllister

Dr. McAllister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. McAllister has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. McAllister's Board Certifications

Cleveland Clinic Special Fellow In Hip & Knee Replacement

Completed in 1991

Seattle University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. McAllister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McAllister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results